Author Topic: Dubb Union Release Date & Tracklist (AllHipHop.com)  (Read 1858 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Dubb Union Release Date & Tracklist (AllHipHop.com)
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 05:34:08 AM »

Oh, and producers on the album include: Teddy Riley, Hi-Tek, Warryn "Baby Dubb" Campbell, THX, J-Doe, Nominz, with the majority of production being handled by Soopafly.

What???  There's too many other producers on this!  This should be 100% produced by my man Soopafly.  There are 15 tracks, and you listed 6 different producers.  That's over 1/3 of the album with non-Soopafly beats.  Damn, i hope these guys come correct on this, I know Soopafly will outshine them, but i hope they can at least try to keep pace with the man.  Hopefully Teddy Riley will give them a track similar to the stuff he did on Queenpen's album, and not that crap he put on Ego Trippin.

Dub Union is a good name, i know there's nothing y'all could do about the "westurn union" name.  You should have sent Soopafly down to the Western Union offices and had him pimp slap all those executive's wives to put them all in check. You guys should have called it "Soopafly Union".  Then you'd get that name recognition when people are in the stores looking for new albums to buy.

And why does it have to say "Snoop Dogg presents...." on it.  Damn that dudes got a bigger ego than anyone I've ever seen.  Is he really that worried that Soopafly's gonna take his spot that he has to make sure he's got "Snoop Dogg" written on the cover...damn.  I just pray that Lucc and Damani kept up with The Man Soopafly on this release lyrically because I want this so badly to sell more than Ego Trippin.  I'm going to buy at least 5 copies.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:36:02 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 07:00:32 AM »
this guy is so heavy.... damn
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 08:01:16 AM »
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/07/31/20354521.aspx

By Ace Cannon
Snoop Dogg’s Doggy Style Records will release the debut album from new West Coast rap group Dubb Union. The album is titled Snoop Dogg Presents Dubb Union and features group members Damani, Bad Lucc and Soopafly, who appeared on Snoop’s album Tha Blue Carpet Treatment and The Big Squeeze. "Dubb Union has accomplished what few can do --create an incredible album that you're gonna want to bang from top to bottom. Damani, Bad Lucc, and Soopafly have crazy chemistry! And they represent that West Coast unity that I've been pushing hard. This is Los Angeles music at its finest -- with fresh, new music for the streets, the clubs, and the ladies." In addition to Snoop Dogg, the album features appearances by Daz Dillinger, Kurupt, Uncle Chucc and others. Dubb Union’s debut is due in stores September 2.

Track listing is below:

1. Hata Talk
2. Welcome To The Majors!! (Feat. BJ)
3. Sign Language
4. Westurn Union!! (Feat. BJ & Daz Dillinger)
5. Don't Like You Girl (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
6. We Both Know (Feat. Dion)
7. Dippin Thru
8. Turn It Up
9. Eusi Umoja (interlude by Minister Tony Muhammad)
10. Struggle (Feat. BJ)
11. Tear It Off
12. Bacc Talk (Feat. Dion)
13. Dub You!! (Feat. Kurupt & Traci Nelson)
14. Miles Away!! (Feat. BJ)
15. Getting Mines (Feat. Uncle Chucc)

props !!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

PLANT

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
tracklist looks good, cant wait to hear it!

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »
I gotta cop this when it drops! Wack ass name though. Shoula kept it Westurn Union.

The Western Union company most likely would have taken action against the group.
Thank You Styles!

And believe, they damn sho hollered @ us. We just couldnt change the name 2 sumin completely different. It wouldve threw everybody off. We say Dubb Union all over the mixtape anyway. Fucc it! The music is still dope. Fucc wit us!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuuch!

Brotha, I'm already knowin'  8)

Actually I saw this happening way back when you and Damani first formed the Union, but y'all were way under the radar at that time.

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »

Actually I saw this happening way back when you and Damani first formed the Union, but y'all were way under the radar at that time.

Yup, exactly right.  They were under the radar, barely making a blip, until Soopafly joined the group.  Now they're blowing up huge, so much so that "Western Union" had to put an injunction against them and Snoop got so scared that he had to put his name all over their album so if it outsells Ego Trippin (which it will), Snoop can say it was because of his name that it sold.  Soopafly has made these guys household names.  Damn, i'd love to be able to just carry Soopafly's bags through the airport just so I could vibe off his greatness.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »

Yup, exactly right.  They were under the radar, barely making a blip, until Soopafly joined the group.  Now they're blowing up huge, so much so that "Western Union" had to put an injunction against them and Snoop got so scared that he had to put his name all over their album so if it outsells Ego Trippin (which it will), Snoop can say it was because of his name that it sold.  Soopafly has made these guys household names.  Damn, i'd love to be able to just carry Soopafly's bags through the airport just so I could vibe off his greatness.

hahahahaha im so stoned and u r making me laugh my arse off.

Lucc

• 'G'
  • Im Coming for the crown!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
And believe, they damn sho hollered @ us. We just couldnt change the name 2 sumin completely different. It wouldve threw everybody off. We say Dubb Union all over the mixtape anyway. Fucc it! The music is still dope. Fucc wit us!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't you send them the mixtape? That would have solved the problem.
R u serious? What problem would that have solved? So they can hear the cursing and foul language and given and even better reason 2 not b mixed up with a rap group from LA. Trust, I LOVED THE NAME "WESTURN UNION". Absolutely loved it. But there wasnt anything we couldve done after they hollered @ us. Its a lose lose. If we wouldve went with some other name wayyyyyy different, you wouldve thought Snoop had another group. Just bare with us and ride 2 the music. Trust, its hella dope...........

Oh, and producers on the album include: Teddy Riley, Hi-Tek, Warryn "Baby Dubb" Campbell, THX, J-Doe, Nominz, with the majority of production being handled by Soopafly.

lol, i was just playing
Naw, I got it. L8, but I did get it. LOL! Thanks bro!

Lucc

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »

What???  There's too many other producers on this!  This should be 100% produced by my man Soopafly.  There are 15 tracks, and you listed 6 different producers.  That's over 1/3 of the album with non-Soopafly beats.  Damn, i hope these guys come correct on this, I know Soopafly will outshine them, but i hope they can at least try to keep pace with the man.  Hopefully Teddy Riley will give them a track similar to the stuff he did on Queenpen's album, and not that crap he put on Ego Trippin.

Dub Union is a good name, i know there's nothing y'all could do about the "westurn union" name.  You should have sent Soopafly down to the Western Union offices and had him pimp slap all those executive's wives to put them all in check. You guys should have called it "Soopafly Union".  Then you'd get that name recognition when people are in the stores looking for new albums to buy.

And why does it have to say "Snoop Dogg presents...." on it.  Damn that dudes got a bigger ego than anyone I've ever seen.  Is he really that worried that Soopafly's gonna take his spot that he has to make sure he's got "Snoop Dogg" written on the cover...damn.  I just pray that Lucc and Damani kept up with The Man Soopafly on this release lyrically because I want this so badly to sell more than Ego Trippin.  I'm going to buy at least 5 copies.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U R FUCCIN GR8! THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS 2 THIS FORUM!

BAD LUCC SAID IT................

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »
Thanks Lucc....hey, since we're cool and all, do you think you could get Soopafly to come on here and post some of his older unreleased songs?  You said in the past he might do that sometime.  Tell him for every unreleased song he posts on here, i'll buy 5 more copies of the Dubb Union album when it hits the stores.

Lucc

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2008, 02:01:32 AM »
Thanks Lucc....hey, since we're cool and all, do you think you could get Soopafly to come on here and post some of his older unreleased songs?  You said in the past he might do that sometime.  Tell him for every unreleased song he posts on here, i'll buy 5 more copies of the Dubb Union album when it hits the stores.
I'll make sure 2 tell him that...........

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2008, 03:15:59 AM »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U R FUCCIN GR8! THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS 2 THIS FORUM!

BAD LUCC SAID IT................

Man, Lucc, this guy is even more funny than you, and that means a lot, lol. It's like most of your verses are classic, so are his posts omg...

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »
i'll probaly check this

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2008, 01:53:56 PM »
haha

Dre's not on the album because his beat didn't make the final cut.  Soopafly came with straight fire on this one and made at least 20 beats better than Dre's beat...so it got cut from the album.  Can't say i'm surprised at that one.

I agree. Dre fell off big time and Soopafly is the most overlooked producer in the last 15 years. it's an outrage.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2008, 03:19:03 PM »
A question to Soopafly DPGC:

Would you ever wash your hands again if you touched Soopa once?