Poll

So what west coast albums is missing from The Source Magazines classic list?

pharcyde-bizarre ride to the pharcyde
8 (1.8%)
Ice Cube; Predator
11 (2.5%)
Xzibit; At The Speed Of Life
4 (0.9%)
ATL- Uncle Sams Curse
6 (1.4%)
BG Knocc Out & Dresta- Real Brothas
10 (2.3%)
Eazy-E- Its On
10 (2.3%)
Eazy-E- Str8 Off The Streetz Of Muthaphuckkin Compton
3 (0.7%)
Kokane- Funk Upon A Rhyme
2 (0.5%)
Quik - Rhythm-al-ism
24 (5.4%)
NWA- Niggaz4Life
20 (4.5%)
Suga Free- Street Gospel
1 (0.2%)
Twinz- Conversation
8 (1.8%)
Warren G- Regulate.. G Funk Era
36 (8.2%)
Westside Connection- Bow Down
25 (5.7%)
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of the Siccness
8 (1.8%)
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
46 (10.4%)
Eazy E - Eazy Duz It
16 (3.6%)
Ice-T - Original Gangster
3 (0.7%)
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill
2 (0.5%)
Dre Dog - I Hate You With A Passion
2 (0.5%)
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
4 (0.9%)
Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha
20 (4.5%)
E~40 - In a Major Way
4 (0.9%)
Spice 1 - Amerikkka's Nightmare
3 (0.7%)
Spice 1 187 He Wrote.
8 (1.8%)
Warren G - G Funk Era
6 (1.4%)
Xzibit - At the speed of Life
2 (0.5%)
Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
5 (1.1%)
Above The Law - Black Mafia Life
3 (0.7%)
Quik - Safe & Sound
21 (4.8%)
TQ-They Never Saw Me Coming
4 (0.9%)
Xzibit - Restless
8 (1.8%)
The Game - The Documantry
26 (5.9%)
daz dillinger - retaliation revenge & get back
4 (0.9%)
Suga Free - Street Gospel
4 (0.9%)
Dj Quik -Quik is the name
11 (2.5%)
Xzibit-40 dayz and 40 night
3 (0.7%)
N.W.A. -100 miles and running
4 (0.9%)
Snoop Dogg - Doggfather
3 (0.7%)
Tha Eastsidaz - Tha Eastsidaz
6 (1.4%)
cypress hill-temple of boom
3 (0.7%)
mac mall-illegal business
2 (0.5%)
Lil 1/2 Dead; The Dead Has Arisen
6 (1.4%)
E-40- In A Major Way
4 (0.9%)
E-40-  The Hall Of Game
2 (0.5%)
Too Short- Get In Where U Fit In
9 (2%)
Too Short- Cocktails
5 (1.1%)
Foesum Perfection
5 (1.1%)
KAM Made In America
3 (0.7%)
Not on list 1
4 (0.9%)
Not on list 2
3 (0.7%)
Not on list 3
1 (0.2%)
Not on list 4
0 (0%)
Not on list 5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: So what west coast albums is missing from Source Magazines classic list? *POLL*  (Read 4860 times)

Okka

Does anybody know how many mics they gave Lil ― Dead's "Dead Has Arisen"?

I believe it was 2.5 (I might be wrong though)  ;)

Shieet, you got that magazine the the review is?

Okka

probably... you remember when it was released? So I know where to look.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:20:43 AM by Okka »

'EclipZe

the quik albums, the pharcyde album and eazy e - eazy duz it. love em.

Okka

It's hard to choose just 5 albums. But if i had to, i would go with (from that list):

Snoop Dogg Presents..Tha Eastsidaz
Eazy-E - It's On (Dr. Dre) 187Um Killa
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Kurupt - Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha

D-Stress

So what about Warren Gīs; Regulate,The G-Funk Era album?
The Source gave it 3.5/5.... is it a overall classic or just a West Coast classic?

Warren G; Regulate The G-Funk Era review

OVERALL A MOTHERFUCKIN CLASSIC.EVERY BLOODCLAAT TUNE IS FIYAH!!!

Okka

You found the magazine with the review of "The Dead Has Arisen"?

Okka

Can you check out that Half Dead review? :D

Chad Vader

Kurupt; Kuruption review in The Source October 1998 # 109

D-Stress

2 Bloodclaat Much 2 Name..Dope Ass Thread. ;)

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
chad u got g funk era up there twice

Chad Vader

Above The Law reviews;

Review Rap Pages August 97

Above The Law presents...
Crime Files consists of various artists,who collectively decided to follow the norm of substituting bomb-ass bangin' beats for lyrical supremacy. Track after track,with the exeption of a few,the message is repeated over and over; the story about how the hail of hollow points leaves your shit wide open has been narration by too many rappers,coroners and morticians. But,for the underground heads who love the finest of ganster cuts,this is a keeper. ATL caters to and strokes the egos of the strong and creates bitches of the weak at heart. The fattest tracks,however,belong to Mad Harv Dog and E.V.E. Harv extenuates the pussy-footin' around that some so-called gangster rapppers are tryin' to the forefront. With cuts like Rest Your Neck and Full Time,Harv pillages the subconsious and coerces the act of doin' dumb shit. It doesn't matter if your thumpin' in a hoopty or sumthin' plush,you're talkin' this shit on the chin.
Contrastively,E.V.E provides the remedy that makes this album worth buying by adding a well need lady's touch to a "five outta ten" cut album. Her smooth-ass style and iconoclastic lyrics-she lets a brotha know from the git-go that GOD created her to improve on man--clearly articulate her intension to have a stranglehold on the game for years to come. On her cut,Wake Me Up,she shows and proves her dexterity by relishing her sexy-ass voice to the hook: If you give me a minute to make you understand,then wake me up.
If your looking for some true underground shit to strongarm your ass from the neck up,Crime Files will choke the shit outta ya.

-Kirk "Chocolate" Queenan-

300 Above The Law; Crime Files review in Rap Pages August 1997

Above The Law; LivinīLike Hustlers review Hip Hop Connection July 1990 NO.18

Above The Law; Legends review Hip Hop Connection April 1998 NO.111

Kokane review The Source May 1994 NO.56

Above The Law; Uncle samīs Curse review in The Source august 1994 NO.59

Above The Law; Legends review in Rap Pages March 1998

Above The Law; Legends review in The Source April 1998 NO.103

250 Above The Law; Time Will Reveal review in The Source September 1996 NO.84

Damn,looks like I got to re-scan that one ^^^^ :-\ :P

Chad Vader

Convos about Niggaz4Life

As far as impact goes the NWA album was really the first time Dre had used the G-funk sound that he went to on The Chronic. Also the first complete album that they did without Cube as a member and many people thought they could not pull it off as Cube was the main lyricist and writer of the group but they underestimated MC Ren who played the main role now on that and did a great job. As far as Dogg Food goes initially the NY NY song was supposed to be a tribute song about NY but after what happened in the Source awards in 1995 with Death Row getting booed and Suge making the comments about Puffy really instigated the whole East/West beef and that Dogg Food album was kind of revamped originally it was to feature East Coast artists 2 songs in particular,r Don't Stop with Nas and Got My Mind Made Up with Method Man, Redman and Inspectah Deck were supposed to be on there but Suge took them off and gave Got My Mind Made Up to Pac and removed Deck's verse and Don't Stop was also given to Pac and eventually released later on with Daz releasing the original version on The Last Of Tha Pound. I feel that album could've been uniting the 2 coasts and maybe the East/West thing would've never happened I mean it really was just a personal thing between Pac and Big. As far as the released version goes it sure did make an impact here in NY because it made us take notice when Kurupt basically lyrically assassinated us on our own shit. The East was forever talking about how the West does not have dope MC's that they are just about the beats and Kurupt perfected the combination of West coast gangsta rhymes mixed with East coast battle raps on that record.

As far as impact goes the NWA album was really the first time Dre had used the G-funk sound that he went to on The Chronic.

Also the first complete album that they did without Cube as a member and many people thought they could not pull it off as Cube was the main lyricist and writer of the group but they underestimated MC Ren who played the main role now on that and did a great job.

Hmmm,first I donīt agree that it was the first time used the "funk" sound.

Eazy Duz it was full of funk samples,but that convo can be done later not here because that's beside the point.

But I do agree to some point that it is a overall classic.

My personal opinion it's a way better album than Straight Outta Compton,both lyrically and musically.

You got to put yourself in the "media's" frame of mind.

-What new did they bring to the table that they didn't do on the first album?

-Did they break new boundaries?

-Had the lyrical content relevance to what was going on in society or the Hip Hop scene at the time?

Well,I can say yes to all above questions.

-First of,if Doggystyle is a classic (it is),then this should be too.

Doggystyle was like extension of The Chronic,it didn't really bring something "new" that wasn't already explored on The Chronic.

Yes,it was Snoopīs solo album but it was more like a "Chronic 2". So they can't use that excuse.

-Dre broke new boundaries with his production,it's argued that this is Dre's finest production work and it was a very well executed concept album. So again YES.

-At the time there was a turmoil in the Hip Hop scene about gangster rap and the negative lyrics it contained.

The "N" word was even controversial in the Hip Hop scene back then.

NWA was the poster boys for gangster rap so naturally they was attacked from left to right because of their faul language at the time.

The Native Tongue collective throwed a lot of subliminal disses towards them,there's also some subliminal thrown at them at the "Niggaz4Life" album. Listen carefully. They took the gangster rap critic and the subliminals about the overnight blackman thing to the extreme,so yes the album was relevant to what was going on in the Hip Hop scene at the time. So YES again.

But I remember the reviews at the time was hating on it.

I don't have The Source review,but I got the Hip Hop Connections review,can't remember the rating,but can find and scan it later.

What it's hypocritical is that they gave "100 miles and runnin" 5/5,a classic just year before so you know they was "colored" from what was going on in the Hip Hop scene at the time.

When it comes to the Cube albums I don't agree,they might be personal favorites/classics,but far from overall classics.

Death Certificate and AmeriKKKas Most Wanted yes,even if I personally don't feel AmeriKKKas Most Wanted I can't front that it was a important album for it's time. Personally I take Predator and Lethal Injection over it,but that's subjective opinion.

as far as I know the first time Dre used that "whistle" to my knowledge was on "Alwayz Into Something" He always had the funk sound but he took it to another level on that album and of course expanded it on The Chronic and pretty much perfected it on Doggystyle. Definite overall classic and Dogg Food as well as far as it being an extention of Doggystyle you can say that but I think lyrically Kurupt in his prime showcased much better ability than Snoop on Doggystyle. Snoop basically ripped Doggystyle on flow alone to go with a great delivery and presence but lyrically you can say he was average. Not saying Dogg Food is a better album because it is not but they are both classics in their own right. As far as Cube goes I prefer The Predator overall his other albums I personally think its the best and definite classic the one you can argue is Lethal Injection where he kind of production wise leaned towards G-funk and kind of went with the flow of what was hot at the time rather than set trends and also his political raps were starting to get less and less

He used other some similar "gangster whine" sounds on his other albums,you can argue that the "whine" on Dopeman,

and some of the "whines" on Eazy Duz it pluss the "whistle" while Dreīs verse on The Last Song (ATL) is pre-"G-funk".

This is a argument that should be Tanjiīs Black Mafia Life Thread.  :)

But I do get what you're saying,I just don't agree with the popular belief how "G-funk" was "created".  :)

Cold 187um can bitch all he want,but it was a collective effort over time that lead to that sound.

Hmmm,I might get killed now,but I actually think that Kurupt had the most stellar performance on Doggystyle;

Kurupt ripped the fuck out of "For All My Niggaz & Bitches",he even got a "Hip Hop quoteable" for that verse.

I will give Dogg Food itīs credits that it was group effort,rather than Dre being "part" of the group. (the DJ and rapper thing).

It was a in house project,where Daz did what he was best at (producing) and playing the supportive role for the "lead" MC (Kurupt).

I miss that in to days Hip Hop,now it all sound like compilations with all the hottest producers and guest features.

When it comes to the Cube albums you got a weaker case,not saying that I don't agree with you that I personally

think they're  "better" albums than AmeriKKKas Most Wanted.

When I from time to time give the Cube albums a spin,I rather listen to Predator and Lethal Injection than AmeriKKKas Most Wanted. But I will would come short if I would have to argue for that those albums

"meant" more and was more "ground breaking" than his previous albums.

I'm sure you know what I mean,but this is where the convo getīs interesting.

This is the kind of convo that my OG post was meant to spark. (for those that could read trough the lines that is.)  :)

there are a ton of rap songs that aren't close to g-funk but sample funk. hell, hundreds of east coast albums sample funk but that doesn't make them g-funk. eazier said then done isn't remotely close to being g-funk. that was before Dre really started to establish a sound and it sounded a like any quality east coast production. i would say from 89 to 90 to efil4zaggin Dre's beats kept getting more defined and gfunkish. always into somethin made use of a synth which is one of the most common things in g-funk beats and it just had an all around g-funkish sound. i don't know much about music itself and what exactly the technical musts of a g-funk track but i can tell by the sound. g-funk is more slowed down then p-funk i think and bass heavy and has characteristics of it's own not present on eazier said then done.

To be honest, the west wasn't even sampling Roger and Clinton until EPMD and X-Clan.

The Jungle Bros. Sampled Roger too.

Then the west said "that's the shit we grew up on, we should sound like that.".

Hmmm,facts please......

Strictly Business

Studio album by EPMD

Released   June 1988

Recorded   1987 - 1988

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strictly_Business_(album)

To The East, Blackwards

Studio album by X-Clan

Released   April 19, 1990

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_the_East%2C_Blackwards

Straight Out The Jungle

Studio album by Jungle Brothers

Released   1988

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_Out_the_Jungle

Eazy-Duz-It

Studio album by Eazy-E

Released   September 16, 1988

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eazy-Duz-It

What is an overall classic?

The albums you mentioned could be at least be considered West Coast classics or favorites.

But did they make an impact?

Was they groundbreaking?

My personal opinion it's a way better album than Straight Outta Compton,both lyrically and musically.

You got to put yourself in the "media's" frame of mind.

-What new did they bring to the table that they didn't do on the first album?

-Did they break new boundaries?

-Had the lyrical content relevance to what was going on in society or the Hip Hop scene at the time?

as far as I know the first time Dre used that "whistle" to my knowledge was on "Alwayz Into Something" He always had the funk sound but he took it to another level on that album and of course expanded it on The Chronic and pretty much perfected it on Doggystyle. Definite overall classic and Dogg Food as well as far as it being an extention of Doggystyle you can say that but I think lyrically Kurupt in his prime showcased much better ability than Snoop on Doggystyle. Snoop basically ripped Doggystyle on flow alone to go with a great delivery and presence but lyrically you can say he was average. Not saying Dogg Food is a better album because it is not but they are both classics in their own right. As far as Cube goes I prefer The Predator overall his other albums I personally think its the best and definite classic the one you can argue is Lethal Injection where he kind of production wise leaned towards G-funk and kind of went with the flow of what was hot at the time rather than set trends and also his political raps were starting to get less and less

first of all, the subject matter not being groundbreaking cannot be used as an argument; otherwise, if you use that logic, some 5 Mic's ratings should be revoked( i mean, for example, ice cube's first soloalbum was in that light just an extension of straight outta compton  ;))

second of all, personal taste for political rap is also not a reason to discredit niggaz4life for being less political as straight outta compton. so i don't think the lack of Ice Cube's involvement can be used as an argument to not give 5 Mic's to niggaz4life.

MC Ren took over a bigger role as a performer and a writer( while the D.O.C. also did a lot of work as a writer) which he did quite well imo; Ren's talent is mainly his strong delivery.

while I'm not going to say that niggaz4life is the first G-funk album, you could say that it was the introduction to the g-funk sound ( as HighEyeCue said) while it still captured the NWA sound ( great examples are real niggaz don't die, real niggaz, appetite for destruction

anyway, this is one of the first (if not the first album) where Dre uses live instruments heavily on the album. straight outta compton was more based on samples ( not to say that niggaz4life didn't have much samples; it did). if I'm not mistaken, rap music was heavily based on sampling, so you could consider niggaz4life as groundbreaking when it comes to live instruments.

and what NWA was talking about on niggaz4life was also relevant for what was going on at the time ( as Chad pointed out before); i think the track niggaz4life is a great example of that.

so i guess these are the arguments why i think niggaz4life should get 5 mics. HighEyeCue and Chad, you 2 are welcome to add anything if i forgot anything  :laugh:

and i won't touch dogg food anymore, i guess I'm too biased about it. I'm just not convinced that it should be classified as an overall classic.

but Chad is definitely right, the argument that Dogg Food is an extension of Doggystyle and the chronic cannot be used.

I agree with Dre-Day, Niggaz4Life is definitely a 5/5 album and NWA 2nd classic album. Everything said was pretty much on point, I think the absence of Cube hurt a little lyrically, I consider him the best lyricist ever to be associated with NWA but the DOC and Ren were plenty capable to make up a little for that and Ren's delivery is definitely amazing. The fact that it is not political is also a factor as it isn't an extension of "Straight Outta Compton" a totally different record and that they went in a different direction and succeeded. This album by the way is in my top 10 of all time and also the first rap CD I ever purchased, I did purchase a couple of cassette tapes the year before which I wont mention the names so I might be a little biased but even if I were to give an unbiased review I still think this would be a 5/5 album.

first of all, the subject matter not being groundbreaking cannot be used as an argument; otherwise,
if you use that logic, some 5 mics ratings should be revoked
(i mean, for example, ice cube's first soloalbum was in that light just an extension of straight outta compton  ;))

True  ;)

second of all,
personal taste for political rap is also not a reason to discredit niggaz4life for being less political as straight outta compton.
so i don't think the lack of Ice Cube's involvement can be used as an argument to not give 5 mics to niggaz4life.

true again  ;)

MC Ren took over a bigger role as a performer and a writer
(while the D.O.C. also did a lot of work as a writer) which he did quite well imo;
Ren's talent is mainly his strong delivery and wordplay

fixed  ;)
Ren is more of a "MC",he play more with words and delivery than stories (at least on this album)  ;)
Not that he canīt flip story telling rap,he did that well on Eazy Duz It (he even wrote all of those story raps that Eazy was rappin on it)
and on Kizz My Black Azz. But heīs mostly reconized for his delivery and wordplay.
Personally I take Ren and D.O.C over Cube any day,but thatīs just me I guess  ;) :laugh:

and what NWA was talking about on niggaz4life was also relevant for what was going on at the time
( as Chad pointed out before); i think the track niggaz4life is a great example of that.

you could call it "Hip Hop Politics",because that what it was  :laugh: :laugh:.

I agree with Dre-Day, Niggaz4Life is definitely a 5/5 album and NWA 2nd classic album.
Everything said was pretty much on point,
I think the absence of Cube hurt a little lyrically,I consider him the best lyricist ever to be associated with NWA
but the DOC and Ren were plenty capable to make up a little for that and Ren's delivery is definitely amazing.

The fact that it is not political is also a factor as it isn't an extension of "Straight Outta Compton"
a totally different record and that they went in a different direction and succeeded.

Well who was/is the best rapper associated with NWA is a personal taste I guess,
as I said before Ren and D.O.C is more of a "MC" type of rapper than Cubeīs story telling style,
sure Cube can kill it on the MC tip just listen to his verse on "The Grand Finally". But you know what I mean...
So whatīs critics may miss is the "gangster story tales" thatīs normally associated with "gangster rap"

exactly. there you have it, 5 mics  :laugh:

Chad Vader

Do you have the full list that the Source put up as classics?

itīs in the OG post,anyway here you go again;
Here's The Source Magazine classic Hip Hop album list;

The Source's 5 Mic Albums

Run-D.M.C. by Run-D.M.C.
Radio by LL Cool J
Licensed to Ill by The Beastie Boys
Raising Hell by Run-D.M.C.
Criminal Minded by Boogie Down Productions
Paid in Full by Eric B. & Rakim
Long Live the Kane by Big Daddy Kane
By All Means Necessary by Boogie Down Productions
Strictly Business by EPMD
Straight Out the Jungle by The Jungle Brothers
Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.

It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back by Public Enemy
The Great Adventures of Slick Rick by Slick Rick
Critical Beatdown by Ultramagnetic MCs
No One Can Do It Better by The D.O.C.

Grip It! On That Other Level by Geto Boys
People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm by A Tribe Called Quest

One For All by Brand Nubian
Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em by Eric B. & Rakim
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted by Ice Cube
<http://amazon.com/images/I/41QWG98PGJL._AA240_.jpg%5B/img%5D>
Breaking Atoms by Main Source
The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest
De La Soul Is Dead by De La Soul
Death Certificate by Ice Cube
<http://amazon.com/images/I/41EKC3BVYXL._AA240_.jpg%5B/img%5D>
The Chronic by Dr. Dre

<http://eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005B1KA.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg%5B/img%5D>
Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by Wu-Tang Clan
Illmatic by Nas
Ready to Die by The Notorious B.I.G.
The Diary by Scarface
The Infamous by Mobb Deep
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx by Raekwon
Me Against the World by 2Pac
<http://amazon.com/images/I/41CP5ESVGPL._AA240_.jpg%5B/img%5D>
The Score by The Fugees
Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z
All Eyez on Me by 2Pac
<http://amazon.com/images/I/416SNMHBW6L._AA240_.jpg%5B/img%5D>
Life After Death by The Notorious B.I.G.
Aquemini by Outkast
The Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre

Stillmatic by Nas
The Blueprint by Jay-Z
The Fix by Scarface
The Naked Truth by Lil Kim

Found this list; (keep in mind that they updated their reviews a little as you can read above)
Source Reviews and the West Coast
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=34027.0
I was going through my Sources and thought I'd give a rundown of all the West Coast CDs that got reviewed and their mics. If anyone wants these reviews typed out, just ask. Oh yeah, these are just from issues I have, so some things are bound to be left out. I also stopped buying the Source after 96 so this is just 90-96

5 mics
Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most Wanted

Straight Outta Compton by N.W.A.
No One Can Do It Better by The D.O.C.
All Eyez on Me by 2Pac
Ice Cube - Death Certificate  (originally 4.5 MICs)
2Pac - Me Against The World (originally 4 MICs)
The Chronic by Dr. Dre (originally 4.5 MICs)
The Chronic 2001 by Dr. Dre (originally 4.5 MICs)
Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg (originally 4 MICs)

4 1/2 mics
Westside Connection - Bow Down

4 mics
Alkoholiks - 21 and Over
Casual - Fear Itself
Coolio - It Takes a Thief
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Cypress Hill - Cypress Hill III (Temple of Boom)
Del - I Wish My Brother George Was Here
Del - No Need For Alarm
E-40 - Hall of Game
Extra Prolific - Like It Should Be
DJ Quik - Safe + Sound
Murder Was The Case OST
Pharcyde - Labcabincalifornia
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Too Short - Get In Where You Fit In
Twinz - Conversation
Yo Yo - You Better Ask Somebody

3 1/2 mics
2nd II None - 2nd II None
Above the Law - Time Will Reveal
Ahmad - Ahmad
Alkoholiks - Coast II Coast
AMG - Bitch Better Have My Money
AMG - Ballin Outta Control
Anotha Level - On Anotha Level
Boyz N The Hood OST
C Bo - The Autopsy
Click - Game Related
Compton's Most Wanted - Straight Checkn' Em
Conscious Daughters - Ear To the Street
Conscious Daughters - Gamers
Coup - Genocide and Juice
Digital Undergound - Sons of the P
Domino - Domino
Dru Down - Dru Down
E-40 - In a Major Way
E-40 - The Mail Man EP
Eazy E - Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton
Funkdoobiest - Brothas Doobie
Ice Cube - Lethal Injection
Ice Cube - Bootlegs & B-Sides
Jayo Felony - Take a Ride
Kam - Made In America
King Tee - IV Life
Luniz - Operation Stackola
Mac Mall - Illegal Business
Mac Mall - Untouchable
Mack 10 - Mack 10
MC Eiht - Death Threatz
MC Ren - Shock of the Hour
Pooh-Man - Judgement Day
Potna Deuce - Welcome to the Tilt
Rappin 4 Tay - Off Parole
Raw Fusion - Live From the Styleetron
Ray Luv - Definition of a Hustler
RBX - RBX Filez
Richie Rich - Seasoned Veteran
Souls of Mischief - No Man's Land
Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote
Suga T - Paper Chasin (Here Hustlin)
Too Short - Cocktales
Too Short - Album Number 10
Volume 10 - Hip-Hopera
Warren G - Regulate...G Funk Era
WC & Maad Circle - Curb Servin'
Young Lay - Black & Dangerous

3 mics
2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now
Above the Law - Vocally Pimpin EP
Aceyalone - All Balls Don't Bounce
B Legit - The Hemp Museum
C Bo - Gas Chamber
Coz - King of Kali
Dazzie Dee - Where's My Receipt?
Delinquent Habits - Delinquent Habits
Digital Underground - Body Hat Syndrome
Digital Underground - Future Rhythm
DOC - Helter Skelter
Domino - Physical Funk
Funkdoobiest - Which Doobie U B?
I Smooth 7 - Ghetto Love
JT The Bigga Figga - Playaz N The Game
Kokane - Funk Upon a Rhyme
L.A. Nash - L.A. Nash
MC Ren - Da Villain in Black
Mista Grimm - Situation Grimm
Paris - The Devil Made Me Do It
Poppa LQ - Your Entertainment, My Reality
Raw Fusion - Hoochiefied Funk
RBL Posse - Ruthless By Law
South Central Cartel - N Gatz We Truss
The B.U.M.S. - Lyfe and Tyme
The Nonce - World Ultimate
Tone Loc - Cool Hand Loc
Thug Life - Volume 1
Xzibit - At the Speed Of Life
Yo Yo - Total Control
V/A - Bay Area Playas

2 1/2 mics
Ant Banks - The Big Badass
BG Knocc Out & Dresta - Real Brothas
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of da Siccness
Celly Cel - Killa Kali
Compton's Most Wanted - It's a Compton Thang
Duce Duce - A Sip of the Duce
Eazy E - It's On (Dr. Dre 187) Killa
Hi-C - Swing'n
Lil 1/2 Dead - The Dead Has Arisen
Mac Vo - Player IV Life
N.O.T.S. (Niggaz Off The Street) - True Blue II Y.O.L.O

2 mics
415 - Nu Niggaz On Tha Blokkk
Wessyde Goon Squad - Around the World
West Coast Rap Allstars - We're All In the Same Gang

1 1/2 mics
None

1 mic
None

peace,
tnp

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 03:09:33 AM by Chad Vader »

Chad Vader

So what about Warren Gīs; Regulate,The G-Funk Era album?
The Source gave it 3.5/5.... is it a overall classic or just a West Coast classic?

Warren G; Regulate The G-Funk Era review

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:41:24 AM by Chad Vader »

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
at the end of the poll just add the totals up!
yes g funk classic is a classic.cost me Ģ18.99 way back when.just was playing that and dogg food this weekend.
i picked 5 from ya list but could of picked more