Author Topic: SHOCKING: Obama plays the race card against John McCain  (Read 1247 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
SHOCKING: Obama plays the race card against John McCain
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:35:34 AM »
You knew it was coming. It was just a matter of time.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=5495348&page=1

Obama Aide Concedes 'Dollar Bill' Remark Referred to His Race

By MARK MOONEY
Aug. 1, 2008 

Sen. Barack Obama's chief strategist conceded that the Democratic presidential candidate was referring to his race when he said Republicans were trying to scare voters by suggesting Obama "doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

A key strategist for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., says the candidate's reference to faces on the dollar bill was indeed an acknowledgement of race and its role in the presidential campaign.
The comment had triggered a charge Thursday from Sen. John McCain's campaign manager that Obama had "played the race card... from the bottom of the deck."

Playing the Race Card
Obama's camp initially denied the remark was a reference to Obama's race.

Obama is poised to become the first black man to be the presidential nominee of a major political party when he claims the Democratic nomination on Aug. 28 -- the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech.

He was referring to the fact that he didn't come into the race with the history of others," Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs said Thursday. "It is not about race."

But Obama's chief strategist, David Axelrod, acknowledged on "Good Morning America" Friday that the candidate was referring, at least in part, to his ethnic background.

When pressed to explain the comment, Axelrod told "GMA" it meant, "He's not from central casting when it comes to candidates for president of the United States. He's new to Washington. Yes, he's African-American."

That seemingly obvious reference sparked the first real fireworks between the two camps as backers of both candidates accused the other of trying to subtly inject race into the presidential contest.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:48:58 AM by Real American »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SHOCKING: Obama plays the race card against John McCain
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 08:37:52 AM »
If the media wasn't completely in the tank for Obama, someone would ask him how exactly John McCain is trying to scare voters based on Obama's race. Of course that would never happen. But if it did, he would have no answer because John McCain has never said anything remotely close to using race in this campaign.

The only racism I have see so far was in the Democratic primary. Bill Clinton, Geraldine Ferraro, Jeremiah Wright, Jesse Jackson....they were the ones using race.

Why are Democrats so obsessed with race?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:49:36 AM by Real American »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »
Oh shutup you mindless dipshit

Politicians don't run America! think tanks create the policies, think tanks are funded by a core elite group, the politicians are just the vehicle to steer the policy and yet you still fall for this contrived circus.

Your mum didn't breast feed you that much is obvious

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:42:05 AM »
The funny thing was that at first, Obama even denied that he was talking about race. So when he said he "doesn't look like the other guys on the dollar bills"....what the hell was he tlaking about? His big fucking ears?

Obama is also a liar.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Oh shutup you mindless dipshit

Politicians don't run America! think tanks create the policies, think tanks are funded by a core elite group, the politicians are just the vehicle to steer the policy and yet you still fall for this contrived circus.

Your mum didn't breast feed you that much is obvious

Why are you even posting in this thread?

Shouldn't you be on www.prisonplanet.com jacking off to the latest conspiracy theory?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »

You are right, why am I responding to a dipshit like you 9 times out of 10 I just ignore your mindless posts devoid of any critical thinking even at the most child like of levels but occasionally the stupidity pisses me off. Although by implication of referencing my response to "conspiracy websites" it seems you are suggesting that think tanks don't dictate policy, that congress isn't lobbied to the tune of hundreds of billions, which is dumb even for a dimwit in this country.

You were never breast fed so i guess it's not your fault that your mental age was stunted as a child and now you can continue parroting this tunnel window politics which has been so successfully employed for so long. However on the flip side of things despite your obvious retardation, it doesn't seem to present an obstacle in being recruited into the police force or the army.

God bless America indeed, with so many dumb fucks populating it he must be shaking his head in disbelief.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
so would you have us believe that Obama DOES look like the guys on our printed money?

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 12:05:05 PM »
Good for Obama.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Over here in Germany it seems like McCain has no chance whatsoever. When Obama visited, the crowd went wild, whereas McCain would be lucky to not be demonstrated against. How's the situation over there niggas? From here, it doesn't look like Obama was in need of playing that dreadful card.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »
Over here in Germany it seems like McCain has no chance whatsoever. When Obama visited, the crowd went wild, whereas McCain would be lucky to not be demonstrated against. How's the situation over there niggas? From here, it doesn't look like Obama was in need of playing that dreadful card.

Obama's got shit on lock.  Media's gonna try and make it appear as close as possible of course, but the market is a much better indicator and the last put on a $100 contract showed Obama trading at like $66 and McCain at around $33.  Still a ways away but Obama is poised to kick his ass.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 01:54:29 PM »

the thing is, playing the race card in a presidentail race would not necessarily help him. it would probably hurt him. Its sad to say, but the more Obama identifies with his own race....the worse off he is
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »

No offense, but this is exactly what I have been talking about in regards to the media. The media is so blatantly pro-Obama in its coverage that it is really misleading everyone about how close the race actually is. According to the latest polls, Obama and McCain are in a virtual dead heat. One prominent poll shows Obama up by one point, another shows a tie. This race is going to be close to the very end just like in 2000 and 2004.

You guys have got to stop letting the left wing media and their pro Obama biases mislead you.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/471470

Hold off on that Obama coronation
Aug 02, 2008 04:30 AM

Michael Barone

Just when you think you've got the presidential race figured out, something comes along to upend your carefully wrought conclusions.

Mainstream media provided lavish coverage of Barack Obama's trip abroad the week of July 21 and predicted he would get a bounce in the polls. Some of his supporters believe he has put the election away. Other observers employ the hackneyed and meaningless phrase, "it's his to lose."

The poll numbers tell a different and more nuanced story. The two national tracking polls showed Obama getting a bounce while he was in Europe, especially after his speech before 200,000 or so Berliners. Gallup showed him rising from a 46 per cent to 42 per cent lead over John McCain on July 22 to a 49-40 per cent lead on July 26. The Rasmussen tracking poll showed him rising from a 47 per cent to 45 per cent lead on July 23 (reflecting the previous days' polling) to 49-43 per cent on July 26.

But over the next several days, Obama bounced back down. Gallup showed him leading by a statistically insignificant 45 per cent to 44 per cent as of July 31. That's the closest the race had been in Gallup all that month. Rasmussen had him down to 48-46 per cent on the same day. The world tour bounce has begun to look like a bubble.

Matty

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 05:29:47 PM »
the media here in the UK have most definitely been kissing obama's ass from what i read in the papers when he visited. but the way the media does it - it reports that its the PEOPLE that are wildly in love with him and praising his politices, kissing his butt etc etc etc. in reality they are the ones kissing his butt through biased reporting. its a clever technique - molding the publics consciousness toward a certain opinion by reporting about that opinion as if its already a fully developed idea in people's minds.

and where do the majority of people (who happen to be overwhelmingly stupid) get all their information from? its the television and the newspaper. its obvious that what appears in the media is an extremely thin slice of reality. i'm not professing to know much more but you don't have be a genius to figure out that the media is completely biased on so many levels. i could care less about obama though, seems like he's smarter than bush (so is my toe - maybe the american public would give my toe two terms in office if i drew a face on it) but at the end of the day its politics its all the same. the real intentions behind the policy making continue to be out of sight...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
McCain has been playing the race card.  Whenever he attacks Obama's "inexperience".  See, "inexperience" is a loaded word. 

For example, when McCain says,
"Your taking a risk voting for someone so inexperienced".

The message that is being sent to white voters is...

"Your taking a risk, voting for a NIGGER".

And Americans fall for this trick because you can never underestimate the intelligence of Americans.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)