Author Topic: Paris-Acid_Reflux-Advance-2008  (Read 2613 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Paris-Acid_Reflux-Advance-2008
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2008, 07:42:49 AM »
Quick review from me.

I really dig this album. And most here know me for being a huge Ice Cube fan, but I think this Acid Reflex is better than Raw Footage. Alot of social commentary on this album, not as politically charged as Sonic Jihad but definitely tackles the social woes of this country. Look no further than Don't Stop the Movement to see that, man is that song dead on or what? I think where Cube did a good job of tackling social issues here and there he did not do it for a complete album on RF. Paris did on this one. Beats were dope throughout and it has great replay value. Digging Rebels Without Applause right now. More from me as the album sinks in but that is my initial reaction after buying it this week.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:05 AM »
Quick review from me.

I really dig this album. And most here know me for being a huge Ice Cube fan, but I think this Acid Reflex is better than Raw Footage. Alot of social commentary on this album, not as politically charged as Sonic Jihad but definitely tackles the social woes of this country. Look no further than Don't Stop the Movement to see that, man is that song dead on or what? I think where Cube did a good job of tackling social issues here and there he did not do it for a complete album on RF. Paris did on this one. Beats were dope throughout and it has great replay value. Digging Rebels Without Applause right now. More from me as the album sinks in but that is my initial reaction after buying it this week.

Word.  I agree.  I'm gonna review this eventually as well.  Right now I like it a little less than Sonic Jihad but more than Raw Footage.  Rebels Without Applause is great.  T-KASH steals the show on that one IMO.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2008, 08:47:36 AM »
Quick review from me.

nice little review  ;)

i pretty much agree with you, hence i called Acid Reflex the REAL Raw Footage  :laugh:  ;)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »
Quick review from me.

Word.  I agree.  I'm gonna review this eventually as well.  Right now I like it a little less than Sonic Jihad but more than Raw Footage.  Rebels Without Applause is great.  T-KASH steals the show on that one IMO.

Yeah I dig both albums. I just felt like Paris sounded more comfortable and his album was set up better to be socially charged from beginning to end. Cube had songs like Why Me, Cold Places, Hood Mentality but also had Do Ya Thang, Got My Locs On, Get Used To It and Jack In The Box  so it made it seem uneven a little bit as far as subject matter. Still dope don't get me wrong.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
checked some songs off the album on youtube and shit was FIRE!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »

check out the rest, you won't be disappointed  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

co sign to the fullest on that Dre.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

co sign to the fullest on that Dre.

the people united, will never be defeated  :cheers:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Paris - The Trap
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »
i noticed that the beat of The Trap sounds very similar to the one of What U Wanna Do :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QF-55s5w8R0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QF-55s5w8R0</a>

did anyone else notice it too?

that's pretty close yes.... who produced the RBX track? MP3.... not sure if I have it. (or where it is if so)

Warren G produced it ;)

i'll hook you up with it, give me a sec.  ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2008, 10:23:41 AM »
i noticed that the beat of The Trap sounds very similar to the one of What U Wanna Do :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QF-55s5w8R0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QF-55s5w8R0</a>

that's pretty close yes.... who produced the RBX track? MP3.... not sure if I have it. (or where it is if so)

Warren G produced it ;)

i'll hook you up with it, give me a sec.  ;)

Warren G?

yeah, Warren G  ;)

go check the vault if you don't believe me  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »

Warren G produced it ;)

I'll hook you up with it, give me a sec.  ;)

Warren G?

yeah, Warren G  ;)

go check the vault if you don't believe me  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

I believe you... what I found more funny/interesting is that Paris always seems to ehhhhhh to have the same production style as Dre troughout all the years.
His style/sound is actually closer to Dre's than cats that's linked to Dre.  :P :laugh:

;)

well Paris has mentioned that he's been influenced by Dre's productions.
i think i've read that on the guerilla funk website.

i can't really hear if he's influenced by Dre's recent stuff, but i do hear the influence of Dre's past work  ;)