Author Topic: Sun Valley teen killed- 2nd Polytechnic High football player shot in 2 months.  (Read 2972 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Teen shot to death behind North Hollywood restaurant
He's the second Polytechnic H.S. football player in two months who's been shot to death

By Douglas Morino, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 08/03/2008 03:39:36 PM PDT

NORTH HOLLYWOOD - A 16-year-old Sun Valley boy who played football for John Francis Polytechnic High School was killed behind a North Hollywood restaurant, police said today, the second Poly High football player shot to death in two months.

Edward Satterstrom was walking near Laurel Canyon and Roscoe boulevards about 9 p.m. Saturday when he was confronted by a gunman, police said. Witnesses told detectives the man pulled out a gun and fired several shots, hitting Edward in the upper torso.

After being shot, Edward staggered to a nearby Taco Bell, where he collapsed. He was taken to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, where he died.

Edward's mother, who did not want her name used, described her son as a driven athlete who always thought of others first.

"He was such a good kid. He took care of his six brothers and sisters like a father," she said, pausing several times to compose herself. "They all adored him and looked up to him so much. He was a parent figure in their lives."

After high school, Edward had his sights set on playing football for the University of Southern California, said his girlfriend, Veronica, 15, who declined to give her last name.

"He wanted to be a Trojan," she said as she fought back tears. "His room is covered in USC posters. ... He wanted to go to school there more than anything."

If he wasn't on the football field or in the classroom, chances are he was looking after his family, she added.

"When his grandmother got sick he was the one taking care of her," she said. "He was so good to his family, he cared so much about everyone in his life. I'm still in shock. I have known Eddie forever. I just can't believe he's gone."

Outside of the restaurant today where he was shot, drops of dried blood lined the sidewalk.

"This is terrible. I'm disgusted. You would think someone would come clean this up," said Scott Curtis, 32, as he pushed his 9-month-old son in a stroller. "I walk this street with my son every day and it's so surprising that a shooting like this happened here.

"This used to be a safe neighborhood, but now I find myself worrying about the safety of my own family."

Curtis said he plans on moving from the area.

"I grew up in the Valley and I love it here, but this type of stuff makes me realize that it just doesn't make sense for my family to be here," he said.

Police are searching for a Latino juvenile with slicked-back hair, wearing a black shirt and gray pants at the time of the shooting.

This marks the second time in just over two months that a Poly High football player has been shot to death.

On May 31, Jesus Florian, 17, was killed after confronting gang members who were trying to crash a Sun Valley party. Known as Chimpo, he was not a gang member.

fucked up shit goin on out here.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
prob them violent boyz

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sparegeez

Damn 2? Our high school football had one murdered football player, and it was the biggest story of the year with tons of memorials going throughout the school. I can't imagine a school having 2.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Damn 2? Our high school football had one murdered football player, and it was the biggest story of the year with tons of memorials going throughout the school. I can't imagine a school having 2.

This is the SFV, homie...shit is hectic out here.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thats my old school... its always been a warzone...
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

J Bananas

This is the SFV, homie...shit is hectic out here.

lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"This used to be a safe neighborhood, but now I find myself worrying about the safety of my own family."

"I grew up in the Valley and I love it here, but this type of stuff makes me realize that it just doesn't make sense for my family to be here," he said.

OG Hack Wilson

Fucking violent mofo's

kid i went to high school with made the Umaine hockey team and was being scouted by the NHL when he was a freshmen

and now?  he is now facing 10 years in jail for beating the SHIT out of this guy, not sure on any details but he got dismissed from umaine quickly after
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 11:08:36 PM by Hack Wilson »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sikotic™

Too many fuckin wanna-be bangers out here.

This is why I went to highschool in SUn Valley for a week, said fuck it, and headed out to Burbank. It's better dealing with wanna-be surfers rockin Hollister and Volcom instead of wanna-be crips/bloods.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!

??? sun valley been ghetto as fuck since my dads been in high school. gang of eses

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
shit i ain't been living out here not that long and i knowmost parts of sun valley are hood, was thinking of moving on the boarder of sun valley and burbank near hollywood way to this place that had mad cheap rent but some white kid got it before me, he seen me coming to see the place and put down a down payment fast lol

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
really, are u guys serious? that parts not ghetto at all.. its not like you cant walk down the street at night without getting robbed, hit up or whatever the Pizza man delivers after 8pm lol...

i have a relative that lives out there.. it is hot as fuck, theres a mervyns, chucky e cheese and bank of america there, anchor blue on the corner of laurel canyon and roscoe ... and there's the Auto Junk Yards which are bomb for finding shit normally they'd charge you up the ass at the dealership for

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
really, are u guys serious? that parts not ghetto at all.. its not like you cant walk down the street at night without getting robbed, hit up or whatever the Pizza man delivers after 8pm lol...

i have a relative that lives out there.. it is hot as fuck, theres a mervyns, chucky e cheese and bank of america there, anchor blue on the corner of laurel canyon and roscoe ... and there's the Auto Junk Yards which are bomb for finding shit normally they'd charge you up the ass at the dealership for

sun valleys pretty ghetto, i mean there probably are good places. go down to valerio and violent st.   sun valley, pacoima, canoga, van nuys, north hollywood are all pretty ghetto.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
true, they're low income peeps all over the SFV that have roaches in they house

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
true, they're low income peeps all over the SFV that have roaches in they house

yea i used to have roaches n rats at my old house, but i dont know isnt just a pest problem? not cuz your in the ghetto?

shitt i dont think my old house was that ghetto.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 10:09:17 AM by LooN3y »