Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Six2 aka Mr. TwoFace!  (Read 3779 times)

kuruptDPG

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Six2 aka Mr. TwoFace!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 10:06:49 AM »
what would you do is a dope trak!!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 10:53:34 AM »
thanks for this great feature Noncentz  8)

Dubcnn: I did an interview with DOC a while back and he was saying that Deuce was supposed to be your solo album, but things didn’t work out. Can you elaborate on that?

Yeah, like you said it was supposed to be my solo album so I don’t know why he put his face on it *laughs* That kind of ran me hot. After the tour, I had missed like two cities, and Dre was like go ahead and turn yourself in that way they won’t come and get you off stage. I’m thinking while I was in there Doc was going to keep my spot for a solo album, but then Doc put it out with most of the songs on there.

Dubcnn: Looking back on that what are you thoughts now on that Deuce album.

It should have been promoted better than it was and I feel like a lot of bad moves were made as far as the people Doc had in control of it. They didn’t have enough experience. Dre wanted to put the album out! But at the time Doc’s greed messed up a lot of opportunities for people, just by being greedy. Sony ended up getting that record and he ended up being in the hole! That’s why I am glad he didn’t put my name on it like that. Because I would’ve been extra hot if it would have been my album, then he fumbled the ball and I’m in the hole with these motherf-ckers.

this is another example of why DOC's a snake; Ruthless anyone???  :grumpy:

Dubcnn: You were talking about the Timbaland project, what happened to that project.

Well, he called me down to Miami where he was working on a solo album. After he started working with me it turned from a solo album to a group album. It was me, Timbaland, Attitude, John Doe, and Ms Carrie. We did a gang of songs with him. Then when he got his deal back with Interscope or whoever, it went from the group project to his solo. A lot of those songs we did for him, he used those to get the deal back, and then used other sh-t we wasn’t on. I’d say 70% of the album my vocals was on. Me and Attitude co-wrote Timbaland’s parts. Then after he got the deal, he put out Nelly Furtado album and we were like what the hell happened to our sh-t?

While we were working on his sh-t, he said he wanted to do a solo album on me, so I started working on my sh-t at the same time working on his sh-t. To be real, I don’t think he had any intentions of doing our shit. I might be wrong, but the way things turned out, I doubt it. I wrote a song that he ended up selling to the Pussycat Dolls and I didn’t hear anything about it until it was time for them to start shooting the video. So, now I had to fight to get my percentage of that song. I got like three songs that are on the Timbaland project. There is one with him and Justin Timberlake called “Release” that I did get credit for and then I co-wrote a song called “Bounce” with him, Dre and Missy Elliott. I also co-wrote a song with him and Magoo called “Board Meeting”. A lot of the songs on there I had parts on but when I started fighting for my percentages on the Pussycat Dolls he started taking me off songs I guess because he was mad I was asking for my money.

well it's sad for six-2 how the situation with Timbaland turned out, but i'm not interested in the music that Timbaland makes, so i'm glad that Six-2's back with Erotic  :)

Dubcnn: Do you have any mixtapes in the works?

I had one called “Mac-A-Roni and G’s” that’s on CD Baby. I ain’t had any more of those pressed up, really.
that one is out for stock.

Dubcnn: What about Detox, can we look forward to seeing you on there

I been hearing that Dre wants me on there, but it’s the fact of going through Doc. So, I don’t know about that one. Him and Doc have a relationship where Dre don’t want to step on Doc’s toes, and Doc won’t just come out and tell Dre what’s up. That’s where they always bump heads at. A lot of songs they got on me, somebody put out a mix CD of the Detox album and it had like 3 songs that I did on there. So, I’m really just waiting to see if they are going to be for real.
i doubt Dre would let it depend on DOC's wishes, but if it's true, then Dre made a really bad choice  :-X

Dubcnn: That about does it, do you have anything that you want to say to the fans?

Yeah, watch out, your boy Six2 is coming! So watch out! I got the solo album I’m doing with Erotic. I got the group album coming out. I got a lil'’ surprise for the ladies. I’m trying to drop them like hot cakes!

8) 8) 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 10:56:47 AM »
What Would You Do is off the chain by the way  8)

Chad

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback!  Keep it coming!

Yeah it's working Now! ;) ;)

That Track "What Would You DO"..sounds like M.Jackson, **Billie Jean**..when was this track made??

Gotta admit, the track sounds nice!
Thanks! Not sure the synth in the hook fits it, it's kinda too loud, but other than it's nice!
But this version is better than New Edition's version.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What Would You Do is Bille Jean replayed...it's not a sample...Erotic D did that shit!  8)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:40:23 AM by Chad aka Noncentz »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 02:30:34 PM »
someone should sticky this

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 05:49:40 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback!  Keep it coming!

Yeah it's working Now! ;) ;)

That Track "What Would You DO"..sounds like M.Jackson, **Billie Jean**..when was this track made??

Gotta admit, the track sounds nice!
Thanks! Not sure the synth in the hook fits it, it's kinda too loud, but other than it's nice!
But this version is better than New Edition's version.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What Would You Do is Bille Jean replayed...it's not a sample...Erotic D did that shit!  8)
oh No doubt-But is it Legal???
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

D~Nice

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 06:28:40 PM »
Great Interview. I always wondered what he was up to. That Macaroni & G's is the shit too.

Capone~CA

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
haha nice mj beat, good to hear from six 2  8)

Mr. 214

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:59:32 PM »
The song that Chad Vader is asking about from the Deuce promo is called XXX Files. It was produced by Erotic D Looooong before he took 6'2 to DOC or Dre. That is how DOPE Erotic's music is! That's why everybody here loves everything he does. He can do a song and sit on it for YEARS and you wouldn't know it. I may sound a little biased. But talent is talent.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 11:22:35 PM »
great interview. kinda makes me angry dat doc n timbaland used him n played him like dat. didnt think d o c was like dat

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »
great interview. kinda makes me angry dat doc n timbaland used him n played him like dat. didnt think d o c was like dat

-he talked shit about Eazy-E & Ruthless, to convince Dre to head over to the new label
-he stole music from Dre

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 05:29:08 AM »
Dope interview, liked the "What Would You Do" track as well,

listened to the "Waste Uva Cular" album a month or so ago can't believe I've slept on it for so long

Chad Vader

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 06:01:50 AM »
Another hit by NonCentz  ;)

Dubcnn: Was there ever a track called XXX-Files with you and Doc?

Yeah, it was supposed to be like a skit that I based on the school house rock.
I was doing it for fun just playing but cats started liking it.
I wasn't too thrilled about it, I was just in there playing. I might put it on something.

are you talking about the track from the Deuce promo?
dubcnn 08.m4a 6-2 solo
http://www.mediafire.com/?xelz4luxjh5

I love that one,who did the beat?

Dubcnn: You were talking about the Timbaland project, what happened to that project.

Well, he called me down to Miami where he was working on a solo album. After he started working with me it turned from a solo album to a group album.
It was me, Timbaland, Attitude, John Doe, and Ms Carrie. We did a gang of songs with him.
Then when he got his deal back with Interscope or whoever, it went from the group project to his solo.
A lot of those songs we did for him, he used those to get the deal back, and then used other sh-t we wasn’t on.
I’d say 70% of the album my vocals was on. Me and Attitude co-wrote Timbaland’s parts.
Then after he got the deal, he put out Nelly Furtado album and we were like what the hell happened to our sh-t?

While we were working on his sh-t, he said he wanted to do a solo album on me, so I started working on my sh-t at the same time working on his sh-t.
To be real, I don’t think he had any intentions of doing our shit. I might be wrong, but the way things turned out, I doubt it.
I wrote a song that he ended up selling to the Pussycat Dolls and I didn’t hear anything about it until it was time for them to start shooting the video.
So, now I had to fight to get my percentage of that song. I got like three songs that are on the Timbaland project.
There is one with him and Justin Timberlake called “Release” that I did get credit for and then
I co-wrote a song called “Bounce” with him, Dre and Missy Elliott. I also co-wrote a song with him and Magoo called “Board Meeting”.
A lot of the songs on there I had parts on but when I started fighting for my percentages on the
Pussycat Dolls he started taking me off songs I guess because he was mad I was asking for my money.

Dubcnn: So do you still have any of these songs?

Yeah, I still have some that was supposed to be on his album and some that was from my solo.
One of them, “Mean Walk”, I think they put out with Whoo Kid on a mix CD, that was supposed to be my first lil' solo song.
There is the one song called “Lil Old Apartment” that was for Timbaland’s album, and one called “Let’s Get High”.
He didn’t use any of those. A lot of the songs I was going to put on something and just leak them to try and get the buzz back.

Not really a big fan of Timbo´s beats,but whatever pays your bills I guessit'so it´s sad to hear that he got fucked not only for money but for time he could have used to work on other shit. (time is money  ;) )
"Mean Walk" appears on this mixtape;

Moisture Mixtape Vol. 1 :: Lost in Dubai - DJ Whoo Kid mixtape CD

http://www.mixtapesusa.com/momivo1loind.html
anyone got this track?

Dubcnn: Is there a full version of that song called “Last Call”?

Yeah, we are either going to put it on Erotic’s album or my solo.
A lot of people wanted to buy it, like Greg Street. What’s slowed a lot of sh-t down for me was I didn’t really have the right team of people to work with.
That’s how a lot of folks got my ideas, because a lot of stuff I hear out now got me in it, but they use they’re own lil' things in it. But I know my skeletons!

Ahhh,now I understand why you (NonCentz) was so hyped about the full version of the "Last Call" track (that Erotic posted on his myspace).  ;)
Speaking of Greg Street,there´s a extended/alternative version of "Simple As That" on;
Greg Street; Six O'Clock, Vol. 1

17. Simple As That - 6'2/Jazze Pha
http://www.amazon.com/Six-OClock-Vol-Greg-Street/dp/B00005QD7C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1218077760&sr=1-1

I might post it later  ;)

Dubcnn: There is a spot on there where it slows down is it supposed to be like that?

Yeah, we kind of screwed it up a lil' bit to try and give it that lil' south side twang.
I have some songs I did with Dre, two of them,
and I have Timbaland on one and of course I got Erotic on 4 or 5, and I have one produced by Jazze Pha.

yeah,I always wondered about that too. Must say that was odd little thing coming from Dre :P :laugh:
But shit sounds dope though  ;)

Dubcnn: For some of those that don’t know, tell me a lil' bit about that OG Gena Cide group.

The Gena Cide consists of me and El-Dog, the first album we put out was called “Waste Uva Cular” back in ’93-’94.
Then the second was called “Mixed Up Murder”. That’s before I hooked up with Dre or any of them.
I wasn’t really as serious as I'm now, I mean we were serious, but we didn’t have as much know-how as we do now.
When we started doing sh-t, Doc was trying to get me to go up and work with Dre and try to go over and work with Death Row,
but I felt like they were trying to split us up. But we have a new album that we should be dropping in August.

Death Row? that early?
Anyway,Genacide is dope. So do yourself a favor and pick up their albums  ;).

Dubcnn: What kind of features and production do you have on that?

With the production we’re mostly working with Erotic, but we’re trying to use a lot of cats that are down this way that need to be heard.
We got a track from Cutta, and one from E-Man.
With the features, we got tracks with Twisted Black and as a matter of fact, free Twisted Black!
Yeah, Six2 said that!
We are working with other artists like Awol, Maniac, Cube, Cadillac Seville, and that’s about it as far as the features on that one.

-AWOL? From Blac´ Monks?
-Cube? Ice Cube?

Dubcnn: Do you have any collabs coming up with Devin the Dude?

I got this one on the Southern Hydro album with me, Big Mike and Devin the Dude called ”Spread Yo’ Hustle”, it go hard, too!

Dubcnn: What about Pimp C? Did you ever work with him?

Yeah, I got this one that I did with me, Big Mike and Pimp C called “Up Close & Personal”,
and I wanted to take all the bread made from that and donate it to Pimp's family.
I got a problem with people who try to put out shit after people passed away to make money off them, that’s why I want to give it to his family.

Hey,wait... didn´t Warrior say that the "Southern Hydro" album got stolen and that they got to re-record the album?  :P

Looking for more? hit up this thread;
The DFW thread: The D.O.C, Erotic D and 6-2
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=144128.175

The song that Chad Vader is asking about from the Deuce promo is called XXX Files.
It was produced by Erotic D
Looooong before he took 6'2 to DOC or Dre.
That is how DOPE Erotic's music is! That's why everybody here loves everything he does.
He can do a song and sit on it for YEARS and you wouldn't know it. I may sound a little biased. But talent is talent.

Thanx for clearing that up  ;)
You don´t happen to know the title and who produced this one do you; ?
10 dubcnn 10.m4a The D.O.C,6-2 and friends
http://www.mediafire.com/?ijzjxggmjzl
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:39:34 AM by Chad Vader »

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 06:09:49 AM »

-he talked shit about Eazy-E & Ruthless, to convince Dre to head over to the new label
-he stole music from Dre

It's good to see you katz getting a better understanding on why DFW feels the way we do about DOC. His main issue is that he still wants to be the star. His favorite qoute is "n**ga if it wasn't for me" That's the main reason silverback folded. As a matter of fact DOC got into DFW last week. He was talking that same bull shit he been talking for years. I don't think anybody went near him, but I could be wrong.     

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 06:36:25 AM »

-he stole music from Dre

It's good to see you katz getting a better understanding on why DFW feels the way we do about DOC. His main issue is that he still wants to be the star. His favorite qoute is "n**ga if it wasn't for me" That's the main reason silverback folded. As a matter of fact DOC got into DFW last week. He was talking that same bull shit he been talking for years. I don't think anybody went near him, but I could be wrong.     

;)

DOC needs to move on