Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Six2 aka Mr. TwoFace!  (Read 3827 times)

Mr. 214

• Lil Geezy
Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Six2 aka Mr. TwoFace!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »
Song # 10 is called Mass Confusion and that version was produced by Jazze Pha. There is a version that was produced by Erotic before that one. Not sure what they did with it. But i agree that Jazze Pha did a good job on that version as well. Hopefully one day the original version will surface. From what i understand, DOC started getting tracks from Jazze Pha when Erotic started refusing to work with him. That's why the Deuce record wasn't entirely produced by Erotic. They weren't seeing eye to eye on DOC's business decisions. I can only imagine what that album would've sounded like if they had managed to work out their differences.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2008, 10:07:10 AM »
Song # 10 is called Mass Confusion and that version was produced by Jazze Pha. There is a version that was produced by Erotic before that one. Not sure what they did with it. But i agree that Jazze Pha did a good job on that version as well. Hopefully one day the original version will surface. From what i understand, DOC started getting tracks from Jazze Pha when Erotic started refusing to work with him. That's why the Deuce record wasn't entirely produced by Erotic. They weren't seeing eye to eye on DOC's business decisions. I can only imagine what that album would've sounded like if they had managed to work out their differences.

thanks for the information  :)

well the snippet of the Jazze Pha version sounds dope, so the original version must be off the chain  8)

Tha Crip

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »
^^^^^
yeah we need a full version.....suprised too that jazze did it.....i was sure it was a dre beat  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
^^^^^
yeah we need a full version.....suprised too that jazze did it.....i was sure it was a dre beat  8)
Nothing surprises me about producers anymore...if Irv Gotti can produce a good song then anything is possible and these pop/south-producers must have made some actual quality material in some stage of their career.

Kilo4

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 09:57:12 PM »
you should of asked him about the FULL version of 07 - d.o.c ( DEUCE promo ) - Mass Confusion feat. Six-Two.

Dope track.

And con someone please post the Greg Street; Six O'Clock, Vol. 1 (ext. simple as that) track?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:58:57 PM by Kilo4 »

Chad Vader

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:43 AM »
Song # 10 is called Mass Confusion and that version was produced by Jazze Pha.
There is a version that was produced by Erotic before that one.
Not sure what they did with it. But i agree that Jazze Pha did a good job on that version as well.
Hopefully one day the original version will surface.
From what i understand, DOC started getting tracks from Jazze Pha when Erotic started refusing to work with him.
That's why the Deuce record wasn't entirely produced by Erotic. They weren't seeing eye to eye on DOC's business decisions.
I can only imagine what that album would've sounded like if they had managed to work out their differences.

Again thanx for the info.... I would love to hear a full version of it.
It suprises me that Jazze Pha did that one,don't sound sound like him at all.  :P

^^^^^
yeah we need a full version.....surprised too that jazze did it.....i was sure it was a Dre beat  8)

Nothing surprises me about producers anymore...
if Irv Gotti can produce a good song then anything is possible and these pop/south-producers
must have made some actual quality material in some stage of their career.

It's not that,it's the style....
Jazze Pha has done a lot of dope shit. For ex. MC Breed and Too Short,a more "funky underground sound" or whatever you like to call it.  :P
Not the style you're usually hear from him these days (club).
But I've never heard Jazze bust "gangster beats" like this....

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 05:31:10 AM »

Dope interview, liked the "What Would You Do" track as well,

listened to the "Waste Uva Cular" album a month or so ago can't believe I've slept on it for so long

Here´s the video for
In Da City by Genacide from the Waste Uva Cular album  ;)

<a href="http://d.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://d.yimg.com/cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/fop/embedflv/swf/fop.swf</a>
http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/--2151532

Hope you checked out their 2nd album as well;
Genacide; Mixed up Murder

http://www.amazon.com/Mixed-up-Murder-Genacide/dp/B000006CAN/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1218113801&sr=1-1

Thanks for the video I've seen it before, good to see again!

I've downloaded the m4a version of Mixed Up Murder and I cant play M4a files, so I've yet to hear it
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 05:34:07 AM by woods »

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 06:04:31 AM »
very interesting interview. I think that "that's that" beat was crazy so i dont get mad dre considered this detox material.
Can someone hook me up with the 6two macaronis mixtape ?

ps: the mickael jackson remake track is crazy

The D.O.C and

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »
I've downloaded the m4a version of Mixed Up Murder and I cant play M4a files, so I've yet to hear it

free convert m4a to mp3
http://www.mp3-cd-converter.com/convert_mp3/free_convert_m4a_to_mp3.html

Thanks

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 06:53:32 AM »
Great interview Noncentz again...!!!  8). Thanks man.

Good to hear from two face and after all the sh*t that has happened he doesn't sound too bitter about it. I really think in 1999/2000, he could have been a star and sold a lot of records. biggest shame from my perspective is that we missed out on a lot of dope music. 

It's good to see you katz getting a better understanding on why DFW feels the way we do about DOC. His main issue is that he still wants to be the star. His favorite qoute is "n**ga if it wasn't for me" That's the main reason silverback folded. As a matter of fact DOC got into DFW last week. He was talking that same bull shit he been talking for years. I don't think anybody went near him, but I could be wrong.     

I totally understand why erotic and two face are looking to do their sh*t without doc and dre and wish them all the best with it and look forward to the music but it's sad that erotic can't repair that relationship becuase we need six deuce (and el dog for that matter) on detox!!!

what happened to doc is genuinely a tragedy. it's worth remembering that when his voice went it was just after his album came out and he was just becoming a superstar and suddenly became a bit of a nobody. that has to have a huge effect. without knowing anyone involved and just speculating i guess everything that has happened since has to be seen against that background.

if any of you cats got more questions for Six2 (part 2) hook me up with them...

i know you asked six2 about hittman in the first interview but i noticed on his myspace hitt is one of six2's friends (i know i sound like a stalker!). have they now recently been in contact? any chance of them working together. i would love to hear that! 

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »
Great interview Noncentz again...!!!  8). Thanks man.

Good to hear from two face and after all the sh*t that has happened he doesn't sound too bitter about it. I really think in 1999/2000, he could have been a star and sold a lot of records. biggest shame from my perspective is that we missed out on a lot of dope music. 

It's good to see you katz getting a better understanding on why DFW feels the way we do about DOC. His main issue is that he still wants to be the star. His favorite qoute is "n**ga if it wasn't for me" That's the main reason silverback folded. As a matter of fact DOC got into DFW last week. He was talking that same bull shit he been talking for years. I don't think anybody went near him, but I could be wrong.     

I totally understand why erotic and two face are looking to do their sh*t without doc and dre and wish them all the best with it and look forward to the music but it's sad that erotic can't repair that relationship becuase we need six deuce (and el dog for that matter) on detox!!!

what happened to doc is genuinely a tragedy. it's worth remembering that when his voice went it was just after his album came out and he was just becoming a superstar and suddenly became a bit of a nobody. that has to have a huge effect. without knowing anyone involved and just speculating i guess everything that has happened since has to be seen against that background.

if any of you cats got more questions for Six2 (part 2) hook me up with them...

i know you asked six2 about hittman in the first interview but i noticed on his myspace hitt is one of six2's friends (i know i sound like a stalker!). have they now recently been in contact? any chance of them working together. i would love to hear that! 

There's no damage with the relationship of Six2, Erotic and Dre. The biggest issue is that D.O.C works extremely hard to stay in the gap between these guys and Dre for fear of getting left out this time around.  I know for a fact that if Dre said D.O.C lets get these katz up hear and do our thang. I'm a 100% sure they would be on the next plane. But they call would have to come from Dre,Jimmy or a shot caller from Aftermath. D.O.C word is Void and can't be trusted to do what's best for all involved.   

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »
There's no damage with the relationship of Six2, Erotic and Dre. The biggest issue is that D.O.C works extremely hard to stay in the gap between these guys and Dre for fear of getting left out this time around.  I know for a fact that if Dre said D.O.C lets get these katz up hear and do our thang. I'm a 100% sure they would be on the next plane. But they call would have to come from Dre,Jimmy or a shot caller from Aftermath. D.O.C word is Void and can't be trusted to do what's best for all involved.

Props on the info man. it's a real shame. looking forward to the fresh new music from two face and genacide nevertheless. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 05:01:24 PM »
great interview. kinda makes me angry dat doc n timbaland used him n played him like dat. didnt think d o c was like dat

-he talked shit about Eazy-E & Ruthless, to convince Dre to head over to the new label
-he stole music from Dre

You can't put the Ruthless situation strictly on him. Dre was gonna leave. He wasn't happy over there. Doc might have been one of the people who helped him come to that decision but he wasn't happy about the money he was making. Jerry Heller has even said that Dre was not making what he was worth at Ruthless.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2008, 01:28:48 AM »
great interview. kinda makes me angry dat doc n timbaland used him n played him like dat. didnt think d o c was like dat

-he talked shit about Eazy-E & Ruthless, to convince Dre to head over to the new label
-he stole music from Dre

You can't put the Ruthless situation strictly on him. Dre was gonna leave. He wasn't happy over there. Doc might have been one of the people who helped him come to that decision but he wasn't happy about the money he was making. Jerry Heller has even said that Dre was not making what he was worth at Ruthless.

i didn't say that, did i?

i was just saying that DOC was in Dre's ear.
and that DOC talked shit about Eazy-E and Ruthless Records in general, like:

ThaFormula.com - Now I wanna speak on a rumor that has been going around for years. Is it true that you sold your publishing for a...

D.O.C. - for a watch and a gold chain?

ThaFormula.com - Yeah, was that true?

D.O.C. - Sure it was. I mean I didn't know what I was doing. I was a fucking 19-year-old kid. I didn't know shit about no fucking publishing and this and that.

ThaFormula.com - Did you sell it to Eazy or Jerry?

D.O.C. - I sold it to Eazy.  He took advantage.

ThaFormula.com - Do you think that he did that, or do you think that Jerry Heller was behind that?

D.O.C. - Nah, I think Eazy did that.  Eazy was always a money-hungry muthafucka. Eazy was a greedy one, and I was a perfect match for him because I'm a giving person.  Money don't mean nothing to me because I make great music.  Its in my heart and you can't keep that shit down forever.  I kept saying to myself, one day it will be my turn.

anyway, yes Jerry Heller said that Dre may not have been paid for what his name was worth at the time, but that's a different statement than Dre made.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:38:32 AM by Dre-Day »

Pushinbigbody00

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • RIP DJ SCREW / FREE TWISTED BLACK
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
good reading..I hope to run into him soon, aint seen him in along time.... Him & Twisted Black were always the dopest out of the Funk!!
check out my 90's vinyl bargain bin..tons of classics & rare ish for the low!

http://www.discogs.com/seller/pusherman972