Author Topic: All this Dr. Dre hating/bashing is getting out of hand  (Read 4094 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: All this Dr. Dre hating/bashing is getting out of hand
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
^ You could argue any of those people have been better producers in the last few years compared to Dre. But all time? None of those guys can come close.

D~Nice

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
^ You could argue any of those people have been better producers in the last few years compared to Dre. But all time? None of those guys can come close.

But that is how people talk. 20 years I guess does not mean shit if you were not around to witness it I guess. A couple years of success is more important then some decades.  ::)

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »

20 years is just an amount of time, an his most noteable productions on chronic 2001 and song previous are either heavily sampled or co-produced with mel man

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

D~Nice

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »

20 years is just an amount of time, an his most noteable productions on chronic 2001 and song previous are either heavily sampled or co-produced with mel man

Half those producers you just mentioned are heavy on samples too. Kanye, Just Blaze, 9th Wonder not as much but he has a couple ehh beats out there. Premo samples too. It ain't so much the sampling, it's what you do with the sample that counts.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »
Every producer samples, Quik, Dre, Timbaland. No producer plays every instrument they use, except maybe Prince. Doesn't make you any less of a producer.

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »

Half those producers you just mentioned are heavy on samples too. Kanye, Just Blaze, 9th Wonder not as much but he has a couple ehh beats out there. Premo samples too. It ain't so much the sampling, it's what you do with the sample that counts.

im not even talking about sampling  as chopping up beats for sounds, im talking about basically ripping off tracks, like with the "Whats the difference" all the way back to g thang, he takes WAY too long to produce songs or release material and even when he does lately its below par, he has way too many people working with him to call himself a "producer" . .

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 04:11:02 PM »
Dre just hasn't put out anything major in the last couple of years, it's not like he's dropping joints on a regular basis.

A lot of cats fail to realize that most of the beats he's produced have been CHOSEN by the artist themselves. Jay-Z stated that he picked those 4 Dre beats for "Kingdom Come" from a beat CD Dre sent him. He even said that he fought Dre over "Lost One", as Dre didn't want that record to make the final cut. Same exact thing with Snoop's "Imagine", Dre didn't want to release that either so Snoop had to convince him. Personally, I feel like Dre is capable of better shit than what he's done in recent history, but it's still quality material. Just like any and every other producer, he can't hit a home run with every joint he makes. I guess it comes down to one's taste, but to say he's fallen off or that there's a million cats better than him, I can't agree with that shit. He hasn't been hitting them like he used to, but that's what they said before "2001" dropped and look what happened. Sometimes, the "Lost One"s and the "Grow Up"s bore the shit outta me, but I understand dude's direction. Hopefully he can try to please the majority if or when Detox comes out.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 04:19:44 PM »
im not even talking about sampling  as chopping up beats for sounds, im talking about basically ripping off tracks, like with the "Whats the difference" all the way back to g thang, he takes WAY too long to produce songs or release material and even when he does lately its below par, he has way too many people working with him to call himself a "producer" . .

You don't seem to know the difference between producing music and making beats. Dre not a great producer? The majority of people who have actually worked with him say otherwise. Is he a flawless person who has made nothing but five-star classics since he first started? Hell no. He's had his share of duds but his catalog can't be fucked with. Too many people working with him to call himself a "producer"? What's a producer? Someone who sits alone in a studio and makes entire songs from scratch, playing all the instruments and mastering the entire project on his own?

D~Nice

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:34 PM »
All I am saying is just because Harry the Wino down the street in the cardboard box got a hold of some Pro Tools and made some hot beats does not make him a better overall producer then Dre just because people liked his record for a hot minute. People act like Dre got 1 foot in the grave already.

Black Gloves

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:49 PM »
i think dre's beats are startin to slip a lil but i wonder if his lyrics are still on point

ehhhh dre doesnt write his own lyrics cracka ::)

quik, just blaze, premo, rza, timbo, kanye > dre

J Bananas

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »

LEAVE DR DRE ALOoONE!!

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2008, 04:35:42 PM »
i think people have kind of fallen for the image interscope and dre want them to believe, that he's this all time great producer, truth is - he's basically just a cover letter, everything behind that is dr dre, the ghost writers, the producers, guitar, piano etc etc players -

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »
ehhhh dre doesnt write his own lyrics cracka Roll Eyes

Kanye and Just Blaze? Come on, Kanye sucks, and Just Blaze only has a dozen good beats. Even Premo can't touch Dre. Quik, Timbo and Dre at least can produce an entire album by themselves. No talent in making a beat and mailing it to someone. If you can't produce a complete album, your not in Dre's league.

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »
ehhhh dre doesnt write his own lyrics cracka Roll Eyes

Kanye and Just Blaze? Come on, Kanye sucks, and Just Blaze only has a dozen good beats. Even Premo can't touch Dre. Quik, Timbo and Dre at least can produce an entire album by themselves. No talent in making a beat and mailing it to someone. If you can't produce a complete album, your not in Dre's league.

come on homie i cant take you serious, o.k dre is a good "producer" but he aint touching none of them, kanye,s just blazehit ratio compared to dre's doesnt match up, theres more hot kanye tracks out there and just blaze tracks then there is dre tracks, and they dont have another ten people working on on the beat and they dont take a year to make it either, and premo is just as slow as dre with the release of beats, but most of his stuff shits on dre's, and errrr . . . what complete album has dre produced?? lmao . . .chronic? NO! chronic 2001? NO!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
i think people have kind of fallen for the image interscope and dre want them to believe, that he's this all time great producer, truth is - he's basically just a cover letter, everything behind that is dr dre, the ghost writers, the producers, guitar, piano etc etc players -

Why do none of his producers sound as dope when they stop working with dre then? Mel Man anyone?

If your tryna say Dre fell off how can you think Premier and RZA havent fallen off aswell? Their 90's shit > Anything they've done in 2000. Dre on the other hand, in the opinion of people who tihnk he fell off, only fell off in the last couple years. Listen to the beats he gave 50 for the Get Rich or Die Trying OST, or that beat he gave Kam, homies got heaters! Minority Report he gave to Jay Z is a sick beat too...