10 (33.3%)
Ripp Tha Game Bloody (Street Muzic)
4 (13.3%)
The Shining
1 (3.3%)
Broken Silence
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: The Official RBX (Concrete Criminals) thread *Audio,interviews,reviews and news*  (Read 7607 times)

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
props.....does anyone have that rough is the texture remix??
RBX - Rough Is The Texture / A.W.O.L. http://www.discogs.com/release/520508

Code: [Select]
Tracklisting:
A1 Rough Is The Texture (Album Version) (4:35)
A2 Rough Is The Texture (Album Instrumental) (4:23)
A3 Rough Is The Texture (Acapella) (4:23)
B1 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix) (4:12) Remix - Whole 9, The
B2 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix Instrumental) (4:08) Remix - Whole 9, The
B3 Rough Is The Texture (Whole 9 Funk Remix Drumapella) (3:56) Remix - Whole 9, The
B4 A.W.O.L. (Gregski Royal Extend Version) (5:54)

Credits: Engineer - Greg Royal (tracks: A1 - A3, B4) , Whole 9, The (tracks: B1 - B3)
Producer, Mixed By - Greg Royal

Nope,so if anyone got it... hook it up  ;)

thats the one right there...
he kills that george duke sample

BIGWORM

No Mercy - No Remorse/The X-Factor is my favorite however "The Shining" was amazing also...

WICK1D

| think the best is probably his debut album or the follow up... But they are all good

Chad Vader

have to admit I've always kind of digged dude's rapping style its very different others would call it whack but I think its actually dope but
he does tend to recycle his verses

If I hear one more I drops bombs like Hiroshima or Nagasaki from him  >:( ;D

He´s the king of recycling lyrics,there´s a list on wikipedia,ha,ha
RBX lyrics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBX

A point of criticism by many fans is RBX's heavy reliance on recycling of lyrics. A (likely incomplete) list of cases where has recycled lyrics can be found below.
The numerous instances where he has used the lines "I drop bombs like Hiroshima" are omitted.
"Serial Killa"- Verse repeated on "No Mercy, No Remorse"
"Our Time Is Now"- Verse repeated on "East Coast Killa, West Coast Killa"
"Got To Getcha"- Verse repeated on "Return of Unknown"
"The Narrator"- Verse repeated on "Jus...Murda!" and "Killers In The West"
"Oh No!"- Verse repeated on "Return of Unknown"
"Move"- Verse repeated on "Legend of Jimmy Bones," "Rock Head" and "Return of Unknown"
"Longbeach"- Verses or part of them repeated on "Flip Side," "Gangsta Love" and "Return of Unknown"
"Foul Mood"- Part of verse repeated on "Cyber"
"Cross The Line"- Verse repeated, with slight modifications, on "Sippin' on Some Moet"
"Cyber"- Part of verse repeated on "Return of Unknown"

dclee

nice thread. is RBX still planning on re-issuing The Shining?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

lol the tag information of California seems to hint to that, actually
   :P
http://www.myspace.com/THENARRATORRBX

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
my dad argued me down the other nite on the phone..tombout rbx is bootsy's real legit son..not on no dru down shit.. tombout blood type son...

???

Chad Vader

Did that Unanimous ever come out?

Nope  ;)

Anymore word on that Concrete Criminals album?

Some audio has leaked (3 tracks I believe),Reign and Framework is dope.... the third one is wak as fuck  :-X :P
Other than that there ain´t much more to tell  :-\ (Ren ain´t featured on any of the tracks  :-[ :-\ >:()

Dope Ass Thread.
X-Files Was A Classic Album."Burn","Tundra" Were THE Tracks With ED Ameng, Madd 1 And D´Cipher ;)

There´s a poll so you can vote for your favorite RBX album  ;)

my dad argued me down the other nite on the phone..tombout rbx is bootsy's real legit son..not on no dru down shit.. tombout blood type son...?

According to Wikipedia;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBX
RBX (Reality Born Unknown), born Eric Collins, is the son of funk Bassist, singer, and songwriter Bootsy Collins.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

lol the tag information of California seems to hint to that, actually
   :P
http://www.myspace.com/THENARRATORRBX

That album is average and who´s going to buy it in these downloading days?  :P

wick1d

wardy

Was bumpin Ripp Tha Game Bloody again today for the first time in awhile but i was wondering who the hell are the features i know snoop, soopafly, e-white and kokane are on tell it like it is remix and daz is on jus murda but does anyone know who the rest are?

wardy

Was bumpin Ripp Tha Game Bloody again today for the first time in awhile but i was wondering who the hell are the features
I know Snoop,Soopafly, E-White and Kokane are on tell it like it is remix and Daz is on Jus Murda but does anyone know who the rest are?

Sherm is on the Jus Murda,the track originally appeared on on Sherm's album.
Related threads;
Mike Dean
+
Sherm

Can't remember the rest of the features,got to check the booklet or listen to it.  ;)

Cheers, the CD i got didnt come with a booklet it was just the cover and on the back of it advertising some dpg recordz releases, so thats what i need the features for, which is weird tbh as i bought it along with Lil c-style's album of cd universe when they dropped and his came with a booklet  ???

So Much Style

can someone please hook up ripp the game bloody?? i cant find it anywhere
So much style back at it again

Chad Vader

Was bumpin Ripp Tha Game Bloody again today for the first time in awhile but i was wondering who the hell are the features
I know Snoop,Soopafly, E-White and Kokane are on tell it like it is remix and Daz is on Jus Murda but does anyone know who the rest are?

Sherm is on Jus Murda,the track originally appeared on Sherm's album.
Related threads;
Mike Dean
+
Sherm

Can't remember the rest of the features,got to check the booklet or listen to it.  ;)

Cheers, the CD i got didn't come with a booklet it was just the cover and on the back of it advertising some dpg records releases,
so thats what i need the features for, which is weird tbh as i bought it along with Lil c-style's album of CD universe when they dropped and his came with a booklet?

This is my booklet;

So as you can see,it don't say who's featured on mine either.  :-\
It's been a while since I gave it a spin so can't tell on top of my head who's featured.

Chad Vader

RBX Interview (21.12.2003) RBX INTERVIEW BY RAWDAWGZ.NET
by Pascal Kerouche

RBX: Whats up ya’ll, my name is RBX from DPG Recordz / Gangsta Advisory.

RawDawgz.net: Since when are you rapping?

RBX: Since when … since ’90.

RawDawgz.net: Do you still remember your first rhyme?

RBX: Ahm, yeah I think so. Let me see ... I’m trying to think … ahm … *starts rapping his first rhyme* something like that.

RawDawgz.net: Have you always got the name RBX?

RBX: No I used to be Mellow E.

RawDawgz.net: How you came up with your names?

RBX: Mellow E came up from my friends, cause I was a real mellow laid back. I used to kick back, going home just to kick back. Then I went to college and I hooked up with some brothers from the Nation of Islam and actually they changed my name to Reality Born cause all I was spitting war reality. I wasn’t that kind of gangsta rapper back then, I never rapped about: Oh I shout you, and I raped her. I never did that kind of rap. So they called me reality, cause I brought the real.

RawDawgz.net: Have you got any idols?

RBX: Do I got any idols. Yeah I have idols. One of my idols could be … ahm … Bob Marley. The one that stands out right now, I have a few of them but the one that coming to my head instantly is Bob Marley … and Malcolm X. Yeah Bob Marley and Malcolm X.

RawDawgz.net: Are you still gang affiliated?

RBX: Yeah I’m still gang affiliated … not like I’m in a gang. When you born in Long Beach its automaticly. I ain’t gangbanging, no … but do I know gangbangers, do I know gangsters, do I know people that might be in a gang, most definitly.

RawDawgz.net: What you think about the current situation about West Coast rap?

RBX: I think the West Coast rap could be a lot stronger if we unify. There is a lot of beef bullshit in the songs but on the east they are more unify. Even if they don’t like the person they still respect there music. And on the west you got that clique that don’t like this clique so the other clique wont support you either, and that’s why they have shit. Just to give you an example … ahm … Jay Z and Nas. They don’t really like each other but they understand whats going on and they understand the culture of Hip Hop. So if someones CD comes out, they gone cop that and that’s good for everybody. They can beef everybody they want to and they … at the end of the day they still will be together on the same mixtape. Out here, if somebody don’t like you he doesn’t want to be on the same CD as you. So its most definitly bullshit.

RawDawgz.net: You think the West Coast will be back one day?

RBX: Fo’ sho! That’s happen right now. Everybody is starting to realize that we can’t do shit by ourselfs. It’s called “the West Coast”, it’s not only one person it’s called “the West Coast”. So we going to need everybody. We need Westside Connection, the Westside Connection need the DPG, the DPG need G-Unit need … whoever, it allways kept going.

Spice 1 just said in a interview with DubCNN.com that it seems people partying so much, that they don’t really have time for some real shit, cause when you switch on MTV or BET you only see party rap videos.

RBX: I think its cause of the market and the mayor labels and people who don’t know nothing about our culture. You know what im saying … in there eyes life is a big party or something. The mayor labels is getting all that party shit and putting all the female in the video. I have a problem with it, but as long as it’s no beef, its not my buisness.

RawDawgz.net: Dafari just said that white underground rapper stealing him his money, what are your thoughts about his oppinion and white MCs?

RBX: He said white MCs are stealing him his money?

RawDawgz.net: Yeah, he said hes hustling all day out in the streets and trying to get this money. Doing some shows and selling some CDs but it don’t really work because of the white MCs.

RBX: I think … I mean … I think if you dope, you dope. It’s not really about a color, it’s about a culture. Sure, since Eminem is out there a lot of companys trying to get white MCs, but that in right know. The same thing with Vanilla Ice. Eminem is dope as fuck. I was on Eminems album. There a lot of people that calling themselves rappers and trying to be like Eminem. Like me, I got my own little nitch … I write my own rhymes, I putting to gether my songs, I got my own style, so I don’t need like a lot … fuck it, no one could do what RBX does. So … to answer the question, there are some areas, but some areas it’s a different way and at the end its about your skills.

RawDawgz.net: You working on a new album right know, when is it coming out?

RBX: The album is called Ripp Tha Game Bloody. The Ripp Tha Game Bloody album will be in stores on january 27th.

RawDawgz.net: It’s coming out on Gangsta Advisory right?

RBX: Yes, Gangsta Advisory.

RawDawgz.net: What can the people expect from it?

RBX: They can expect a new grown up RBX, but is kind of still the same. Ahm, it’s got one or two party songs, but not in the way you might think. It’s a little harder. More like a thug party song. But it’s … it’s dope.

RawDawgz.net: Who produced the album?

RBX: Daz, then … ahm … right now I’m working with a bunch of underground producers. Only because I ain’t got time for that Hollywood bullshit, you know what I’m saying? They are charging $ 5,000 for a beat, I rather go on the streets, where I know that he’s producing five years straight, hungy and dope, but didn’t got a chance, only he doesn’t have a name out. I’m working with a lot of this producers right know.

RawDawgz.net: Yeah that’s good, because you keep supporting the underground with that.

RBX: Right, I keep trying to get them move. And another point is that I save a lot of money. I think it’s better for me to have a bunch of producers that I help to pay there bills, so when they blow up they might help me cause they will remember that I was the one that builed them up.

RawDawgz.net: How doest it compare to your older recordings?

RBX: It’s not as militant. It’s more politic, not that militant, I had to put that down a littlebit.

RawDawgz.net: What guest appareances can we expect?

RBX: Ahm, we got Daz, we got Snoop, we got E-White, Soopalfy, Saafir, ahm … we got Boss Hog, Mary Franklin, she singing some hooks, they sound like samples but there not samples, there actually her singing. We got a good mix of good artists, so you have to check it out. And if you like that RBX sound, you will like the album.

RawDawgz.net: Can you give us a little preview?

RBX: You gotta get at Daz, I don’t got anything here right now. I gave them to Daz cause he is mixing everything and stuff, so I don’t really know what hes doing with it.

RawDawgz.net: You also working on a collaboration album with E-White, right?

RBX: Ahm, we were working on it, I don’t know what the fuck is going on. I’ve not heard anything from him. Snoop is the only one who is in conctact with him right know. So right know im working on my new album that is called Insoniac. I got like 6 or 7 songs done. I’m almost done with it. Around January 6th, I should have a new album finished that is called Insoniac.

RawDawgz.net: How many tracks did you recorded for the collaboration Album?

RBX: We recorded a few, but ahm … the only one who have access to him right know is Snoop. And I don’t know what they planing because Snoop started a project called The Dogg Inc. And you know, there are some internal problems … it might still happen, it just didn’t happened yet.

RawDawgz.net: When you nearly done with a new album, and Ripp Tha Game Bloody ain’t out yet, how long does it take you to do a album?

RBX: I’ve been recording for the last 3 years. So I have music, like a library. So I can put together a album in … shit … 2 weeks, if I really wanna to. I just like to take my time, to make sure it sound dope.

RawDawgz.net: With who you would love to work with?

RBX: Ahm … let me see … ahm my family members always, which is Nate, Snoop, Daz. Outside the box … Canibus, that’s one of my doggs. Jay Z, I wish I could do a song with Jay Z. Over here on this side of the globe, you know Dub C, Ice Cube, Mack 10, if we could get together and do a song. I need to do a song with 50 … you know what I’m saying, the DPG – Unit thing. Man you know, everybody just out here, all my doggs man. I really don’t really need to work with the names. I don’t give a fuck about nobodys name. As long you a cool person and you a good artists and we can do some dope music, then I’m with it.

RawDawgz.net: You mentioned Jay Z. Do you think Jay Z will be back anytime soon?

RBX: If he want’s to, it’s not because he needs the money. He would do it for the love. Somebody must brighten the game with a brand new style what never been there before just to challenge Jay Z, probalby he come back out. It’s like Michael Jordan, you know what I’m saying. There was nobody that can compete with him so that makes the game boring for him. Hip Hop is the sound competition, and if you aint got nobody who smash with you, then it become … you know, boring.

RawDawgz.net: Can we expect you on Dr. Dre’s Detox album?

RBX: I don’t know. I’m trying to get in contact with Dr. Dre, but I don’t really know how to get in contact with him. I’m trying to get in contact with him. We never had no problems, I used to have problems with the people that work for him, but not Dre himself. I would like to get on the album, it’s not a problem.

RawDawgz.net: You used to be signed on Aftermath, what went wrong?

RBX: What went wrong was, at the time I was … ahm I still was like gangbang and all that shit and Dre was trying to finish off with it. Been there done that. You know I left Death Row, so I was going to ride on Suge motherfuckin ass and drop ‘Fuck Suge’ and Dre was like: Nah. It was not personal.

RawDawgz.net: What are your thoughts about the old Death Row days?

RBX: Fuck ‘em!

RawDawgz.net: Whats your oppinion about Kurupt going back to Death Row?

RBX: No comment.

RawDawgz.net: What about Kokane?

RBX: No comment.

RawDawgz.net: Where do you see yourself in like 5 years?

RBX: On the top of the game. I’ll be out big, there are going to be some changes. I actually thinking in the next 5 years I might get … ahm … a new wife. *loughs* Cut that shit out *loughs*. I’m actually trying to do some commercial stuff, for soda or shit. I wanna do something with Disney, to do some cartoons or stuff. Or doing some commercials for big companys … I don’t really know yet.

RawDawgz.net: Have you ever thought about a RBX DVD?

RBX: Oh yeah, we working on a RBX DVD. That’s coming soon, that will be dope. Keep your eyes opend.

RawDawgz.net: Can you give us some more information when it’s coming? Like summer or winter, or maybe 2005?

RBX: I’m still working on some stuff, I can’t propaply speak about it right know but … ahm … we started some recording. We did some recording in the studio. It’s gonna be hot man.

RawDawgz.net: Ok, I’ll wait for it.

RBX: Yeah I wanna put my time in that. I don’t wanna put out no cheap shit, I wanna make sure it will be good.

RawDawgz.net: The West Coast got a growing mixtape scene, are you into mixtapes?

RBX: Yeah I’m on a couple mixtapes and I’ve been on Snoops all 4. Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. So … I do it for the love of music and Hip Hop, you dont really get any money out of a mixtape. It’s just for the love. I’ve done that to give something back to the hood, to show them that I’m still down with the hood.

RawDawgz.net: Are there any decisions that you regret in you carrer?

RBX: Yeah there a few decisions I regret. But … you gotta realise the main reason why I didn’t blow up is because I was the first one to leave Death Row. I was the only one that left Death Row that time. If I would have stayed a bit longer, I would be bigger. I was on my own.

RawDawgz.net: Do you think Death Row will be back on top one day?

RBX: Who? Death Row? Fuck Death Row. I want them motherfuckas dying, and I want all there artists dying! You know the legacy is been made. You know Suge did some good stuff and a lot of stupid shit. And that’s what happens, you know what I’m saying, that tough guy shit played out 1985. I’m a grown as man, listen, let me clear that up … I don’t want all artists to be dead. Some artists on there actually just trying to survive. They didn’t know nothing about the situation. Suge got a bad vibe. Everywhere he goes there is a problem. The dude got a big black cloud over his head, and would you work with a guy with a black cloud over his head? I think not.

RawDawgz.net: Nah.

RBX: So that’s all I’m saying.

RawDawgz.net: What is the most funniest thing that happened to you in your carrer?

RBX: Ahm, the funniest thing. Ahm … shit nothing. I don’t know. I don’t know nothing funny, it’s all real. I’m not that type of person. My cousin is allways telling me I shouldn’t take everything so serious, to mellow out a bit, like I did when I was younger. But I didn’t remember anything … OHHH wait a minute, I KNOW SOMETHING. I was perfoming at The Tunnel. I was performing at The Tunnel in New York and I made a wrong move and I put my ass off the stage and fell on my knee, but then nobody see it so I jumped back on the stage. Later we put ice on my knee.

RawDawgz.net: Have you ever thought about a tour in germany?

RBX: I don’t know, I mean I got love for germany. Give me a possibility and I will be out there.

RawDawgz.net: When Daz drops his So So Def album, he will blow up and you can come with him.

RBX: Yeah that’s whats up. Who is touring in germany right know?

RawDawgz.net: Luniz are coming, together with Dru Down.

RBX: Yukmouth? I did a song with Yuk. Ey, what you gonna do with the interview? You putting it on the internet?

RawDawgz.net: Yeah I’ll type it down and translate it, and I’ll put up the audio.

RBX: That’s good. Keeps moving records. Promotion for the artist.

RawDawgz.net: Yeah

RBX: Yeah man! Ey, I need to get me something to eat real quik!

RawDawgz.net: Ok, we working on a shop right know and I can sell your album in germany over the shop.

RBX: Yeah, well call me back. Call me back. Like tomorrow or the day after so, you know we can talk about it.

RawDawgz.net: Ok, any last words for the fans?

RBX: Ahm, yeah dogg. Have love for RBX. I’m going to drop some bombs in a lot of different directions. It’s gonna be the same, but different … and respect the music and … watch out.

RawDawgz.net: That’s that you took the time for this interview.

RBX: Allright, there is no worrys about.

RawDawgz.net: Allright, I’ll holla at you later.

RBX: Chhhuuuuuuuuu.

THX II MY MAN PASCAL

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah I gotta agree them two albums are fuckin dope

got damn!!!

I mean I guess you jus dont know, maybe ya ass is slow, so open ya eyes and see....

haha rbx is crazy!!!!

good lookin out chad, good to see another rbx fan!!!'
especially doin all this work

No Mercy - No Remorse/The X-Factor is my favorite however "The Shining" was amazing also...
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.