Author Topic: Exclusive: BIG HUTCH AKA COLD 187UM (Dr. Dre/Eazy E/Jerry Heller/Snoop)  (Read 2746 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Exclusive: BIG HUTCH AKA COLD 187UM (Dr. Dre/Eazy E/Jerry Heller/Snoop)
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 07:13:59 PM »
oh and did yall know that the sing song style came from big mike,and 2-3 when they where the convicts back then....they where fucking with deathrow then.yet went over to rap a lot.
and 187.respect.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »
oh and did yall know that the sing song style came from big mike,and 2-3 when they where the convicts back then....they where fucking with deathrow then.yet went over to rap a lot.

3-2... yeah mike n 3-2 had a apartment n snoop nem stayed wit em.. in the early n mid 90s...they stayed fuckin wit cali niggas....they was fuckin with s.c.c real strong...they were in the videos on the n gatz we trust album n both were on the murder squad tape

sing songy style came from dee from 2nd 2 none....

when snoop goes sincerly yours deez muthafuckin nutttz...on the intro of the chronic..how he was talkin after he said it..he was impersonatin 3-2

if i could give props..i would.. its only a hand full of people on this board that knows this shit

alot of people dont know this.. ice cube snoop,spice 1 and a bunch of other cats were screw heads..spice even has a freestylke on one of them hoes..cant think of the tape right now...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 01:09:27 AM »
^^in my eyes yes

maybe there's something wrong with your eyes then
;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 02:38:39 AM »

Dubcnn: I was just thinking about that when you were talking and it’s crazy… not only can you [go back] and do the research, but when you listen to the albums that came out around the same time that Dre had his hands in [the production], when you listen to Livin’ Like Hustlers, it was so much more musical than anything at the time… and then they took that sound and embellished it and that’s what created the whole [G-Funk sound] – cause Straight Outta Compton it didn’t sound like that, it wasn’t that musical, with all that real instrumentation like you had it laid out…

The thing about it is, at the time, it went from a boom and a bap, to a baseline, to more like chord progression and changes, grooves and singing, you know what I mean?

Dubcnn: Yeah, melodic… Like you were saying earlier…

Yeah, the changes [sings melody], all the melodic tones…the goony sounding shit, all of those elements mixed into hip-hop.

again, not true  ::)

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
When he is talking about "musical" - he's not talking about funk/soul samples, he is talking about coming in and "playing" with real instrumentation and not "sampling" real instrumentation.  Eazy Duz It and Straight Outta Compton are both classic albums, hands-down.  In both parts of the interview, Cold187 displays his love and respect for Eazy E as both a businessman and artist who changed the music business as know it.  I think without a doubt, Cold 187 influenced Dr Dre and the G funk sound... but that doesn't take anything away from Dre.  Dre in my opinion is one of the most important producers in all of music history. 

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 03:32:11 AM »

3-2... yeah mike n 3-2 had a apartment n snoop nem stayed wit em.. in the early n mid 90s...they stayed fuckin wit cali niggas....they was fuckin with s.c.c real strong...they were in the videos on the n gatz we trust album n both were on the murder squad tape

sing songy style came from dee from 2nd 2 none....

when snoop goes sincerly yours deez muthafuckin nutttz...on the intro of the chronic..how he was talkin after he said it..he was impersonatin 3-2

if i could give props..i would.. its only a hand full of people on this board that knows this shit

alot of people dont know this.. ice cube snoop,spice 1 and a bunch of other cats were screw heads..spice even has a freestylke on one of them hoes..cant think of the tape right now...

homie we need our on section..schooling some of these cats...im still looking for that dj screw,and mac-10...he screwed macs 1st single.hell i was in dallas tx.acting a fool in the (cliff)and fucking around in deonsanders club at the time.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 03:39:05 AM »
Dubcnn: I was just thinking about that when you were talking and it's crazy… not only can you [go back] and do the research, but when you listen to the albums that came out around the same time that Dre had his hands in [the production], when you listen to Livin’ Like Hustlers, it was so much more musical than anything at the time… and then they took that sound and embellished ithat'sthat’s what created the whole [G-Funk sound] – cause Straight Outta Compton it didn’t sound like that, it wasn’t that musical, with all that real instrumentation like you had it laid out…

The thing about it is, at the time, it went from a boom and a bap, to a baseline, to more like chord progression and changes, grooves and singing, you know what I mean?

Yeah, the changes [sings melody], all the melodic tones…the goony sounding shit, all of those elements mixed into hip-hop.

Yep it pisses me off that the one that bark the loudest gets believed  >:(
Have you all forgot about Eazy Duz It? That shit ain´t musical? Dre used a lot of funk samples on that one.
Hey wait,maybe Dre stole concepts from 187um for that album too?  :P

while u in denail,u know like i know,that dre borrows alot from people.....187 is the inventor of g-funk period..like he said give cred.where credit is do.....hitman,daz,sam seed,ect.makes dre s sound.

Chad Vader

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 04:02:27 AM »
Dubcnn: I was just thinking about that when you were talking and it's crazy… not only can you [go back] and do the research, but when you listen to the albums that came out around the same time that Dre had his hands in [the production], when you listen to Livin’ Like Hustlers, it was so much more musical than anything at the time… and then they took that sound and embellished ithat'sthat’s what created the whole [G-Funk sound] – cause Straight Outta Compton it didn’t sound like that, it wasn’t that musical, with all that real instrumentation like you had it laid out…

Have you all forgot about Eazy Duz It? That shit ain´t musical? Dre used a lot of funk samples on that one.

When he is talking about "musical" - he's not talking about funk/soul samples,
he is talking about coming in and "playing" with real instrumentation and not "sampling" real instrumentation.
Eazy Duz It and Straight Outta Compton are both classic albums, hands-down.
In both parts of the interview, Cold187 displays his love and respect for Eazy E
as both a businessman and artist who changed the music business as know it. 
I think without a doubt, Cold 187 influenced Dr Dre and the G funk sound... but that doesn't take anything away from Dre.
Dre in my opinion is one of the most important producers in all of music history. 

It´s nothing about Dre VS 187um,I got love for both. But he just make too much of this thing.
All I'm saying it was a collective effort;
Dre,187um,Colin Wolfe,Lay-Law,Mike Sims,Chris "The Glove" Taylor and Yella...
Nothing wrong with sharing ideas...  ;)
I have never heard Dre taking credit for creating "G-Funk".
It's sad that he´s so bitter,187um is a great producer with dope concepts.
So would love to see him work side by side with Dre again.

while u in denail,u know like i know,that dre borrows alot from people.....
187 is the inventor of g-funk period..like he said give cred. where credit is do.....hitman,daz,sam seed,ect.
makes dre s sound.

it´s called a collective effort  ;)
so yes they all deserve credit.
But in the long run;
Action speaks louder than words  ;)

he a cool dude....
its clear listening now how his sound was taken...

is it?;
The Official Above The Law thread (who invented G-Funk?)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:38:29 AM by Chad Vader »

s.a.k.10

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 04:58:04 AM »
^^in my eyes yes

maybe there's something wrong with your eyes then
;)

my eyes are perfectly fine thank you....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 06:36:57 AM »

while u in denail,u know like i know,that dre borrows alot from people.....187 is the inventor of g-funk period..like he said give cred.where credit is do.....hitman,daz,sam seed,ect.makes dre s sound.

hahaha
  :laugh:

When he is talking about "musical" - he's not talking about funk/soul samples, he is talking about coming in and "playing" with real instrumentation and not "sampling" real instrumentation.  Eazy Duz It and Straight Outta Compton are both classic albums, hands-down.  In both parts of the interview, Cold187 displays his love and respect for Eazy E as both a businessman and artist who changed the music business as know it.  I think without a doubt, Cold 187 influenced Dr Dre and the G funk sound... but that doesn't take anything away from Dre.  Dre in my opinion is one of the most important producers in all of music history. 

well Chad Vader covered almost everything, but i'd like to add that Dre used real instruments too on those 2 albums.
yet this bitter kid Hutch is still crying after 20 years  :o now that's what i call really mature
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:59:50 AM by Dre-Day »

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »
Good read. Part 2 should be interesting also.  Thanks...

8)

SCAVENGER

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »
heard he might be signing to streetlife records jerry hellers new label

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
"cuz we be the niggas u bitches love to hate..cuz we'll fucc ya homegirl and lie in yo face..we do it city for city..bricc for bricc..nickels, dimes, we killaz n convicts...set up shop make yo hood hella hot...we HATE snitches and we HATE cops" - Big Hutch Gutter 8)

that was the shit...big hutch mad luv

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
cold 187 is the man ya dig the ATL shit is the shit .. time will reveal YA DIG

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »
cold 187 is the man ya dig the ATL shit is the shit .. time will reveal YA DIG

i dig 8)