Author Topic: Best and Worst wrestlers ever??  (Read 570 times)

ToNe1904

Best and Worst wrestlers ever??
« on: March 16, 2002, 02:18:27 AM »
Jus curiouz what yall pickz would be...

For me...

BEST = Bret Hart
WORST = Red Rooster LOL (Brooklyn Brawler a close second, hes actually worse...but...tha Red Rooster was easily tha STUPIDEST character eva lol)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DeaDSouLjaH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Best and Worst wrestlers ever??
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2002, 02:38:32 AM »
best= Bret Hart..
i like Undertaker a lot too...
worst.. cant rememba any

Awards:
Most Improved (January)
Emcee of the Month(February)
Battle Emcee of the Month(February)
Rhyme of the Month(February)

Record:17-8-1
[/color]

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2002, 03:09:59 AM »
RED ROSTER??????

Terry Taylor was actually a great wrestler, just the Roster gimmack was stupit as hell. HUMMM...

Best: Bruno Sammartino
Worst: Giant Gonzales

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2002, 04:16:32 AM »
best- HBK
worst-   giant gonzales

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2002, 05:50:55 AM »
Best, HBK, Bret Hart, Ric Flair

Worst: Konnan.  Couldn't stand the guy... he's probably the only wrestler I've ever totally hated, the rest are alright.  

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2002, 08:07:41 AM »
Best:HBK,Hogan,Jimmy "superfly" Snuka,Bret Heart,and Owen Heart(R.I.P)

WORST:George "The Animal" Steele

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb

techniec

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2002, 08:51:06 AM »
Best:
Hogan, Michaels, Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Savage, Backlund, Snuka

Worst:
Duke "the dumpster" Droce, Bastion Booger, the Goon,
Renegade, Louie Spicolli, Sparkplug Holly, Mantaur,
Kamala, Giant Gonzales aka El Gigante, Leif Cassidy

to tell ya the truth, the above isnt the worst wrestler list, more like the worst gimmick......

ToNe1904

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2002, 09:37:10 AM »
RED ROSTER??????

Terry Taylor was actually a great wrestler, just the Roster gimmack was stupit as hell. HUMMM...

Best: Bruno Sammartino
Worst: Giant Gonzales

thas why i put Red Rooster and not Terry Taylor lol

jus like id put Hulk Hogan on tha "best list" and put "Hollywood" Hogan on tha Worst list, i cant stand watchin that fossil wrestle anymore. lol its like watchin it in slow motion. ha

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2002, 02:36:28 PM »
in all actualality Shawn Michaels SHOULD be the hands down best  (he's not even really my all time fav wrestler so i'm not biased at all)

on the real he had athletic talent and a great if not one of the best gimmacks, he was almost always the littlest man in the ring so he Heart oozing out of his ass , nose, and ears, and he could ALWAYS sell a match no matter how bad the other opponent was

i mean Hogon was great but he was mostly all character, like SCSA, i'm not hating really becuase he did a lot for the sport but when i watch old tapes from old wrestlemanias he wasn't all that athletic and had some pretty simple moves

Flair- like hogan did alot for the sport and was good at selling his matches, and he did have some good athletism, but i don't believe he's the best wrestler, he's a legand...but not the best wrestler

the only one i think whose near shawn michaels really is bret hart, and i hated that dude since he was just a tag team wrestler

i probably offended a lot of people but HBK gets my vote

the worst: i think it's kinda gay to downgrade anyone whose made it that far becuase wrestling IS harder than it looks and even the sorriest dudes like spike dudly get my respect, but my vote would have to go to half of those woman wrestlers like stacy keibler ,who are great to gauk at, but SUCK and can't even wrestler, they're just out there for their looks

i don't watch wrestling anymore though becuase it's FAR FAR too predictable and isn't even exciting no more , everything is far too cliche, even with this new NWO twist they got, Scott Hall sucks, and Kevin Nash is Even worse , and Hogan is washed up, the only thing they got is RVD, The Hardy's , that little chinese dude, Edge as far as actul wrestling moves excitment goes, and theres only 2 characters on the mic that are entertaining , Rock and SCSA.....not enough to keep me interested anymore after 15 years or so of watching it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2002, 03:37:07 PM »
HBK is tha greatest sports entertainer of all-time,  no other wrestler had tha in ring ability an mic skills as HBK.  Some have great mic skill but not great in tha ring,  ex:  austin,  rock,  hogan.  Some have great in ring ability but no mic skills like bret hart.  but no other wrestler had tha jus tha same amount of overall talent HBK had,  tha only 2 wrestler in my mind that are on HBK's level are flair an jericho.  an plus HBK is tha only wrestler ever to carry sid to a halfway decent match.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2002, 04:01:17 PM »
that's what i'm sayin' i've yet to see anyone who could effectively do both and do them the best , before or after HBK

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2002, 06:11:46 PM »
Best - Bret Hart, HBk, Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Savage

Best Tag Team - Demoliton, Hart foundation, L.O.D., Rockers

Worst - william regal, brooklyn brawler

techniec

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2002, 06:26:15 PM »
in all actualality Shawn Michaels SHOULD be the hands down best  (he's not even really my all time fav wrestler so i'm not biased at all)

on the real he had athletic talent and a great if not one of the best gimmacks, he was almost always the littlest man in the ring so he Heart oozing out of his ass , nose, and ears, and he could ALWAYS sell a match no matter how bad the other opponent was

i mean Hogon was great but he was mostly all character, like SCSA, i'm not hating really becuase he did a lot for the sport but when i watch old tapes from old wrestlemanias he wasn't all that athletic and had some pretty simple moves

Flair- like hogan did alot for the sport and was good at selling his matches, and he did have some good athletism, but i don't believe he's the best wrestler, he's a legand...but not the best wrestler

the only one i think whose near shawn michaels really is bret hart, and i hated that dude since he was just a tag team wrestler

i probably offended a lot of people but HBK gets my vote

the worst: i think it's kinda gay to downgrade anyone whose made it that far becuase wrestling IS harder than it looks and even the sorriest dudes like spike dudly get my respect, but my vote would have to go to half of those woman wrestlers like stacy keibler ,who are great to gauk at, but SUCK and can't even wrestler, they're just out there for their looks

i don't watch wrestling anymore though becuase it's FAR FAR too predictable and isn't even exciting no more , everything is far too cliche, even with this new NWO twist they got, Scott Hall sucks, and Kevin Nash is Even worse , and Hogan is washed up, the only thing they got is RVD, The Hardy's , that little chinese dude, Edge as far as actul wrestling moves excitment goes, and theres only 2 characters on the mic that are entertaining , Rock and SCSA.....not enough to keep me interested anymore after 15 years or so of watching it

i feel what you sayin cuz except on 2 points

what u said about hogan was true,
however u cant deny Flair as top 3 of all time, AT LEAST

about michaels,
great athlete? phenomonal
gimmick? ditto

but as much of a anti-Hart u are, im the same with Michaels
and as much of a Pro-Michaels, im the same with Hart

hands down, Bret HART is the GOAT of wrestling.....

my view...:d

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2002, 07:33:43 PM »
I'm tired of wrestlers just getting off on gimmacks. It's like Kevin Nash and Sid were great because they had cool gimmicks and Terry Taylor sucks 'cause his the Red Roster, though he'd wrestle circle around them and had more talent. Oh well, that's what makes wrestling wrestling, but with people like the Dudleys, like right now they are not quite as over as before, but in ECW they never got old, 'cause they were allowed more mic time, and were tha FUCKIN' SHIT on the mic. Same as Taz, and Shane Douglas. People like RVD are just really good wrestlers, so mic time isn't important. Only few wrestlers today are actually good wrestlers and great mic workers, Jericho, Triple H and Kurt Angel. The rest are good at either one or the other. Steve Austin used to be a damn good mat wrestler, but after the broken neck, he became more of a brawler so that certain moves could risk him further injury for his push.

Here's my personal listing of greatest wrestlers after watching wrestling since 1985, back when I was 5, and renting even older tapes 'cause I was a great wrestling mark in high school. Just top 5 though

Greatest wrestlers of all time:
1 Bruno Sammartino: WWF champion for 8 years. Possibly the strongest man in wrestling history, and never took steriods. (he snich on Vince McMahon for suppling his wrestlers) One of the greatest mat wrestlers, but specialized in power moves, and sold out many crowds. Never depended on the same moves, always had a different match.
2 Shawn Michaels: One of the most athlete wrestlers ever, could make any wrestler look good. Mixed scientifical wrestling with high flying wrestling. One of the last few wrestlers that had matches that made sense. Michaels was without a doubt, the best modern wrestler. Can sell a move better than any one in history.
3 Ric Flair: Dirtyest player in the game, Flair was a great mat wrestler, as well as a great psycological wrestler. Flair was able to play the crowd like no other and was easy to hate. Flair also was great at bleeding, and was able to sell a move and face wrestler like he was in the worst danger of his life.
4 Bret Hart: Best there is, best there was, and the best there ever will be. OK, maybe not completly, but he was damn close. Bret was the best mat wrestler I've ever seen, and his matches were not spot fest, or random wresting holds, but an actual match. Bret Hart made many wrestlers look good, but also seemed to like to look good himself, as his selling wasn't the greatest.
5 Ricky Steamboat: The Dragon was a mat great, and also a good high flyer. Those that doubt his ablity, rent an old N.W.A. wrestling tape with him and Flair, or WrestleMania III against Randy Savage. Steamboat was amazing, as he mixed the mat and high flying in together. Plus he was able to sell any injury, and attack made him look very strong with his comebacks.

ToNe1904

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2002, 09:46:15 PM »
yah i neva felt HBK all dat much. He had charizma for sure. but in tha ring, i thought ALOT of other wrestlers had more ability then him. Tha thing is, its wrestlin...so tha WWF, or WCW, or whoeva tha organization is....is gonna make a STAR and CHAMPION out of who they want. So they pay attention to who tha fanz back...n turn them into sumthin great. Technically, no one could touch bret hart in tha ring tho. And i respected him more after that shit that happened wit Vince Mcmahon. Vince really fuked him ova. Jus like hes fukin up wrestlin IMO. I neva liked tha way "martial art" wrestlers could neva excel to tha upper level of wrestlers. they could alwayz be Intercontinetal champz, or whateva....but neva World Champ. Oh well lol