Author Topic: Offical Ice_Cube-Raw_Footage-2008 Discussion Thread  (Read 3377 times)

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: Offical Ice_Cube-Raw_Footage-2008 Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2008, 03:12:27 AM »
dope dope doooopeah!!!  8)

MY FIRST LOVE WAS HIP HOP

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2008, 03:24:17 AM »
cant wait to pick this up 8)

Okka

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 03:25:59 AM »
Good album, couple of wack songs though.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 04:00:46 AM »
Ok after several spins this album is finally not so bad...
I can dig most of these beats even if they sounds all the same
I agree when people say Cube still got it but I dunno
due to these repetitive hooks and the fact that theres no real banger track to me
this Ice Cube album is ok but the worst he ever dropped! still imo
Guilty By Affiliation >>>>>>>>>> Raw Footage

dammaged7

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2008, 04:52:34 AM »
i think ice cube would have shined on the guily by affiliation beats

D-Stress

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2008, 05:08:54 AM »
fuck the "fresh" ( ::) ) beats!!!

"bow down" "today was a good day" "natural born killaz", "greed", "no vaseline", "ghetto vet", "lil ass gee", "friday", last wordz"

THATS ICE CUBE, NOT THAT BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smegma

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2008, 05:13:20 AM »
This album album fucking sucks. All the beats sound pretty much the same. The subject matter is alright, I guess... but what's that worth if that's one of the rare positive things about this album?

And what's up with the hooks? Cube's repeating the same words over and over again :-\ The highlights of this album are "I Got My Locs On" (with Young Jeezy; how ironic can it get?) and Musiq Soulchild's hook on "Why Me?"

Thank god for mp3 downloading because I probably would have wasted my money on this otherwise.

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2008, 05:16:23 AM »
How can anyone hate "Hood Mentality?" The concept is fantastic, Cube spittin real knowledge on that 1.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

smegma

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2008, 05:17:31 AM »
How can anyone hate "Hood Mentality?" The concept is fantastic, Cube spittin real knowledge on that 1.

That's the only positive aspect of that song.

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2008, 05:19:17 AM »
for me, it's 2 much of a positive 2 ignore or 2 think the song is overall "bad."

smegma

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2008, 05:20:59 AM »
for me, it's 2 much of a positive 2 ignore or 2 think the song is overall "bad."

The song has such a creative hook too :laugh:

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2008, 05:21:56 AM »
The song has such a creative hook too :laugh:
i understand the repeatin part isn't bein loved lol, but again, the hook is on some real shit and compliments the verses so perfectly.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2008, 05:34:15 AM »

"bow down" "today was a good day" "natural born killaz", "greed", "no vaseline", "ghetto vet", "lil ass gee", "friday", last wordz"

This album album fucking sucks. All the beats sound pretty much the same. The subject matter is alright, I guess... but what's that worth if that's one of the rare positive things about this album?

And what's up with the hooks? Cube's repeating the same words over and over again :-\ The highlights of this album are "I Got My Locs On" (with Young Jeezy; how ironic can it get?) and Musiq Soulchild's hook on "Why Me?"

Thank god for mp3 downloading because I probably would have wasted my money on this otherwise.

finally two guys who dare to speak the truth. There are some ppl on here who would praise every Snoop/Cube  album regardless how bad it is. It's not bad because it's not "G-Funk Sound" or because the beats are too Southern, but because it sounds so crappy.
To be honest, I just gave it a quick listen, but most of what I heard sounded horrible. I'll relisten now and then judge it, but at the moment I can't imagine buyin this album. And I caNt see why people praise the lyrics so much....
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:41:54 AM by Inspector Dr. Ján Ďtor alias Columbo »

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:16 AM »

i feel u..but its' 2008 now! u feel me?

pretty dope album...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 06:07:54 AM by RECOGNIZE187 »

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:53 AM »
finally two guys who dare to speak the truth. There are some ppl on here who would praise every Snoop/Cube  album regardless how bad it is. It's not bad because it's not "G-Funk Sound" or because the beats are too Southern, but because it sounds so crappy.
To be honest, I just gave it a quick listen, but most of what I heard sounded horrible. I'll relisten now and then judge it, but at the moment I can't imagine buyin this album. And I caNt see why people praise the lyrics so much....
I'll admit some of the beats sound the same (it takes a nation, cold places, thank god & here he come sound similar) but how the heck can u say "i got my locs on" is a highlight? It's a BANGER and fun to drive 2, but not what your used 2 hearing from cube and the lyrics from him are dumbed down to the max, plus the hook is the same repeating over and over again..Smegma, no offence, but u hate on me so much for liking some of the down south music, what is so special about this song or how does it stand out? it's easily the worst lyrical effort on the album and the hook is just as bad as the rest of the hooks; unless u just like the beat a lot (as i do).

I am not one who would praise Cube or Snoop for whatever effort; I tell it how it is.

Listen again, there are some great songs such as g-rap made me do it, why me, stand tall, take me away, get money spend money no money and some pretty good 1s such as it takes a nation, cold places, hood mentality, here he come, thank god and so on.