Author Topic: Offical Ice_Cube-Raw_Footage-2008 Discussion Thread  (Read 3401 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Offical Ice_Cube-Raw_Footage-2008 Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2008, 06:40:45 AM »
k after a second listen it sounds better. But I'm still disappointed

good songs

gangsta Rap made me do it
why me
stand tall

listenable/decent songs

it takes a nation (Cube came hard on this, but especially hook is wack)
hood mentality (beat is pretty nice- but song's nothing outstanding
cold places
do ya thang
get money spend money
take me away

unlistenable/wack ones

Thank God ( Cube needs to be slapped for this hook + nonsense song)
here he come ( I felt like I heard this beat for the third time)
Get used to it (biggest disappointment)
tomorrow
here he come
jack n the box (Cube's second verse is nice tho
I got my locs on (no comment)

Lunatic

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2008, 06:45:38 AM »
^here he come sounds like malone's "certified."
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2008, 06:55:20 AM »
acquired this last night

not listened fully yet once i've gave it a few rotations in the car i'll give my verdict

smegma

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2008, 07:04:23 AM »
I'll admit some of the beats sound the same (it takes a nation, cold places, thank god & here he come sound similar) but how the heck can u say "i got my locs on" is a highlight? It's a BANGER and fun to drive 2, but not what your used 2 hearing from cube and the lyrics from him are dumbed down to the max, plus the hook is the same repeating over and over again..Smegma, no offence, but u hate on me so much for liking some of the down south music, what is so special about this song or how does it stand out? it's easily the worst lyrical effort on the album and the hook is just as bad as the rest of the hooks; unless u just like the beat a lot (as i do).

I am not one who would praise Cube or Snoop for whatever effort; I tell it how it is.

Listen again, there are some great songs such as g-rap made me do it, why me, stand tall, take me away, get money spend money no money and some pretty good 1s such as it takes a nation, cold places, hood mentality, here he come, thank god and so on.

They might sound similar, but Get My Locs On is club song. The others aren't. It's not quite on the same level as You Can Do It though.

Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It got old so quickly, it's not even funny anymore. This album sucks, get over it.

Lunatic

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2008, 07:06:27 AM »
They might sound similar, but Get My Locs On is club song. The others aren't. It's not quite on the same level as You Can Do It though.

Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It got old so quickly, it's not even funny anymore. This album sucks, get over it.
yeah the sound is extremely similar and half of the others are club songs 2 ::)

i'm still bumpin the hell out of that track, won't get old 4 me. LOL get over it? I think it's hot, u don't, all good.

smegma

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2008, 07:09:58 AM »

yeah the sound is extremely similar and half of the others are club songs 2 ::)

i'm still bumpin the hell out of that track, won't get old 4 me. LOL get over it? I think it's hot, u don't, all good.

Maybe you look too much into it. I think Get My Locs On and Musiq's hook are the highlights of the album. The rest of the album sounds too similar to each other, the beats are wack, the hooks are uncreative and Cube's flow isn't what it used to be.

Raphael

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2008, 07:20:08 AM »
I'm very disappointed with this album i was awaiting a damn near classic album after hearing "Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" and "It Takes A Nation" not a bad album but still very disappointing.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2008, 09:21:19 AM »
I realize Cube wants to be cheap and save his money by not spending money on quality producers but the beats are just trash, and WC's last album shits all over this non sense
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Westdog

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »
Cube needs to make fast, energy flow like he made in 90's.  And  he must do new classic album quickly!!!
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

D-Stress

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
fuck the "fresh" ( ::) ) beats!!!

"bow down" "today was a good day" "natural born killaz", "greed", "no vaseline", "ghetto vet", "lil ass gee", "friday", last wordz"

THATS ICE CUBE, NOT THAT BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel u..but its' 2008 now! u feel me?

pretty dope album...

i know it´s 2008 but it doesnt mean they havta fuck up the music.because it sounds "fresh/new" :puke:

Blood$

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
I liked the album, I thought it could have been a tad better for the long wait, but it was still solid nonetheless... I give it a 4/5 overall, gonna cop it on Tuesday

my favorite tracks:

I Got My Locs On
Why Me?
Get Money, Spend Money, No Money
Stand Tall
Take Me Away

and all the tracks that leaked before the album, even though they are old as fuck  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »
after the first two singles were released, it looked like cube was following the direction he planned for RAW footage, several months ago.
but after the release of do ya thang, and later the sampler and the leak it was pretty obvious that Cube didn't come through.
so the concept of RAW Footage turned out to be an illusion.
the title of the album is very misleading and nothing more than a gimmick.

anyway, i'm liking Gangsta rap made me do it, It takes a nation, Get money-spend money-no money and Tomorrow.
Thank God has potential, so it will probably grow on me; cold places might grow on me too but that's it.
some songs on there aren't even worth mentioning.
luckily, i'll probably be in for a treat, as soon as the real RAW Footage is available for purchase.

so right now, my overall rating of the album is
4/10

The Predator

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »
Hopefully those unreleased tracks are bangers and what the hell has Cube got against the Fred-wreck produced 'Concrete'.

Lunatic

« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2008, 01:35:30 PM »
i'm liking Gangsta rap made me do it, It takes a nation, Get money-spend money-no money and Tomorrow.
Thank God has potential, so it will probably grow on me; cold places might grow on me too but that's it.
u didn't like "stand tall?" I thought that was the best track on the album and had the most "old cube" feel 2 it.