Author Topic: MyHipHopStory  (Read 77 times)

Mota

MyHipHopStory
« on: March 21, 2002, 05:38:48 AM »
“Chicken Soup for the Hip-Hop Soul” will be the first Hip-Hop book written FOR the Hip-Hop Community BY the Hip-Hop Community.

“Chicken Soup for the Soul” is one of the most successful book series of all time.  These books have sold over 65 million copies, and have been translated into 33 languages.

A “Chicken Soup for the Soul” book consists of 101 short, inspirational stories.

The original “Chickn Soup for the Soul” book was so successful that a series of spin-off books were written on specific subjects (ie.  “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul”).  “Chicken Soup for the Hip-Hop Soul” will be the latest addition to this series.

A story SHOULD be:

The story must include Hip-Hop, be non-fiction (or relatively believable), and ranging in length between 300-1200 words.

Tell an exciting, sad, or funny story about something that has happened to you or someone you know. Make sure that you introduce the character(s).

Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh or get goose bumps. Don't leave anything out - how did you feel?

The story should start with action; it should include a problem, issue or situation. It should include dialogue and the character should express their feelings though the conflict or situation. It should end in a result, such as a lesson learned, a positive change or pay-off.

Above all, let it come from your HEART! Your story is important!
A story SHOULD NOT be:

A sermon, an essay or eulogy.

A term paper, thesis, letter or journal entry.

About politics.

A "My Grandma Just Died, and Let Me Tell You What A Wonderful Person She Was" or "Let Me Tell You About My Disease or Operation" or "I Gave a Bum Some Money, Aren't I Incredible?" or "Why My Mother Is the Best Mother" or a personal testimony that may mean nothing to the reader.

www.myhiphopstory.com

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: MyHipHopStory
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 11:06:14 AM »
wow that would be dope

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...