Author Topic: Who bought the Dr. Dre headphones?  (Read 3851 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Who bought the Dr. Dre headphones?
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 01:51:56 PM »
People who got em, do they sound good plugged straight into your iPod/MP3? Or is it better to use them with a proper amplifier?

And how long do the batteries last?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »
I bought the in ears. Actually, let me take that back - I bought like five in ears and two Monster Turbos (which suck compared to Dre's shit). Dre did his thing with these head phones.

TRG

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 04:02:34 PM »

We Fly High

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 10:38:55 PM »
haha since my last post in here.. i now i have 2 of the beats Tour in ears, and then 2 of the monster beats studio. i have one pair of the limited edition blue ones with the dre signatures on the ear muff part as opposed to the "b".

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2009, 10:54:32 PM »
Heard the headphones at Best Buy, they sound great!  But I don't use huge ass headphones for anything, only my Ipod which I need earbuds for on-the-go use.  Saw that they have the earphone versions, which I eventually want to get.  I'm short on funds so the $149 price tag kind of steep right now.  I did get a cheaper alternative that I'm really happy with, Ultimate Ears MetroFi220 by Logitech.  Regular price $89.99 but got for $65.  Bass, mid's and hi's are very crisp, predictably tested them on a few Dre songs first.  Keep The Heads Ringing sounded better than I ever heard it, clear and all kinds of subtle sound effects going on I hadn't noticed before. 

There is one downside though.  Any songs you have that aren't exactly perfect quality, you will hear the imperfections (distorted bass, unmastered vocals, etc.)  Anything ripped from CD or "purchased" online from an original source sounds fine though. Also, some bass distorts on the Ipod's Bass Booster or Hip Hop EQ setting

Just passing along information on a cheaper alternative.  I do want to get the Dre earbuds though, to handle the heavy bass!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 06:33:08 PM »
haha since my last post in here.. i now i have 2 of the beats Tour in ears, and then 2 of the monster beats studio. i have one pair of the limited edition blue ones with the dre signatures on the ear muff part as opposed to the "b".

how long does the battery last?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Suga Foot

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 09:53:27 PM »
 Monster and Beats by Dr. Dre Announce “Beats Solo™”

New Addition to Popular “Beats™ By Dr. Dre™ Headphone Line is Lightweight, More Compact Option; Available in Black and White Versions

BERLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Monster and Beats by Dr. Dre, today announced an exciting new development in the evolution of the popular “Beats™ By Dr. Dre™ headphone line – the on-ear “Beats Solo” headphones (MAP: $179.95, SRP: $219.95). The new Beats Solo high-performance headphones offer users an ideal entry level Beats by Dr. Dre personal listening experience in a lightweight and smaller version. Beats Solo will be available in November 2009 in both black and white versions.

Noel Lee, the Head Monster, noted: “When Monster teamed up with Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine for Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ headphones our goal was to change the way people experience their music by simply letting them hear what musicians recorded in the studio – with the extreme clarity, deep bass and full power that had been lacking in conventional headphones. Thanks to Beats, people have begun to understand that sound really does matter. Now, with the introduction of Beats Solo, we’re thrilled to make the Beats by Dr. Dre from Monster experience available in a smaller, lighter on-ear headphone.” Mr. Lee continued: “There were significant challenges in the creation of Beats Solo, including how to achieve really great sound from a small speaker driver. This required serious innovation and creative audio engineering. We were also challenged to take the familiar Beats design and morph it into something smaller and more compact, yet still recognizably ‘Beats.’ I’m delighted to say that we rose to both these challenges – the result is one of the easiest-to-use, easiest-to-wear and best-sounding headphones ever created, with a look that is pure Beats and pure Dr. Dre.”

Jimmy Iovine, Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M said: “For Beats Solo, Dre and I worked along with Monster to create the best sound possible in light, comfortable but powerful headphones.”

To provide users with the ultimate in convenience and performance when used with today’s portable music devices, Beats Solo headphones feature “ControlTalk,” an advanced on-cable feature that provides users with full control of their listening experience when using their 3GS iPhone®, iPod® shuffle and other new iPods and portable music devices. The special Monster ControlTalk™ headphone cable features an integrated high grade microphone and answer button and allows users to access their music and answer phone calls without having to reach into their pocketbook, backpack or pocket.

In addition to its availability with Beats Solo and all Beats by Dr. Dre headphones from Monster, including the new white version of Beats Studio and Heartbeats by Lady Gaga from Monster, the ControlTalk feature is also being made available as an option with all Monster brand headphones as well.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2009, 08:53:30 AM »

they need to make the regular version in white

Muhfukka

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2009, 08:56:13 AM »
they makde cheap ones now hahaha i thought the whole gimmick was "these are the headphones dre uses" so are these the headphones dre uses when hes broke?

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »
If you ain't a DJ....

What the fuck you gon do wit those big ass bulky air muffs, plug it in your CD player, LMFAO, yo men.

cheesefry

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2009, 09:38:49 AM »
i have the in-ears and they are great except that they are pretty long and so they start working themselves out of my ear over time - especially on bass heavy songs.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »
I travel a lot so having the bulky ear phones don't make much sense for me

these are what I use:

The Watcher

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37:24 PM »
the Beats Spin headphones are out in the next 2/3 weeks. like the studio version, but don't require batteries as they have passive noise isolation not active

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Hittman2001

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2010, 09:16:44 AM »
i got the gaga heartbeats for the wife and bought myself the white studio headphones.  Couldn't be happier with them.  I want the ones with the Dre signature and the new spins

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
the Beats Spin headphones are out in the next 2/3 weeks. like the studio version, but don't require batteries as they have passive noise isolation not active

they should have kept it all black or white