Author Topic: Who bought the Dr. Dre headphones?  (Read 3857 times)

Matty

Re: Who bought the Dr. Dre headphones?
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
fuck it, i'm gonna buy some sony mdr-xb500 for now. supposed to be very good and a shitload cheaper. might buy some dre ones in the future...

NM

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
Just buy skullcrushers.

Matty

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 09:42:01 AM »
well i'm getting the sony xb500 next week and will drop some comments on them. they are supposed to be VERY good for the price and for these genres and the range comes in three sizes - the 300,500 and monster 700. i sold my denon's as they were too audiophile and not fun enough for my musical preferences...

S.C. The Beast

• 'G'
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:44 AM »
i got a pair of solo's and studios, however my solo's broke recently.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2010, 07:58:53 PM »
fuck it, i'm gonna buy some sony mdr-xb500 for now. supposed to be very good and a shitload cheaper. might buy some dre ones in the future...

I heard those and they are off the chain. I now have the Tours, Studios, and Solos so other than the spins I am set.

NEW WEST 2012

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2010, 08:05:34 PM »
i got a pair @ the studio, i can hear my fuckin heart beat with em on, they go hard tho, good low end bass

Santanaz

• Lil Geezy
  • S-bLoCC Style 2C's
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 08:36:04 PM »
No use for them.... Im good with what I been using
"Talk About It While I Live It"

The Watcher

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2010, 12:14:55 AM »
the Beats Spin headphones are out in the next 2/3 weeks. like the studio version, but don't require batteries as they have passive noise isolation not active

they should have kept it all black or white

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2010, 07:52:48 AM »
the Beats Spin headphones are out in the next 2/3 weeks. like the studio version, but don't require batteries as they have passive noise isolation not active

I mean drop the silver color in lower half and keep it just one solid color
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2010, 10:35:34 AM »
Damn, I'm a pick up some crazy ass headphones.  Can someone give recommendations?

What's studio based like?  I've never worked in a studio.  I use my i-pod and play off my computer - no special sound card set up.  Beat seem decent but if I'm forking out 300 dollars I want the dopest shit I can get.  By this I mean insane diversity.  I want nice bass but would like to hear the quiter notes just as nicely.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:39:02 AM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2010, 10:43:54 AM »
Damn, I'm a pick up some crazy ass headphones.  Can someone give recommendations?

What's studio based like?  I've never worked in a studio.  I use my i-pod and play off my computer - no special sound card set up.  Beat seem decent but if I'm forking out 300 dollars I want the dopest shit I can get.

Concensus is that the Dre headphones are drastically overpriced. Actually supposed to be quite good and definitely easy to drive (but they need batteries), but you pay top dollar for the looks and branding more than anything else. What kinda music are you gonna be using it for mainly, portability an issue, ideal budget?

I know I got a pair of crazy audiophile quality headphones and ended up getting rid of them cause the SQ wasn't really suited to my musical/listening preferences. Should be able to list some pro, cons and sound quality observations for sets considered to be the best value cause I frequented head-fi quite a bit researching.

For Teh Lulz

• 'G'
  • No , not really.
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2010, 10:51:08 AM »
I'm coppin' them this weds... my cousins friends father is the guy who "owns" virgin in dubaii , I listened to obie trice's shit hits the fan ........ EARGASM  :o :o :o
CAN I HAZ D;

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2010, 11:06:36 AM »

What's studio based like?  I've never worked in a studio.  I use my i-pod and play off my computer - no special sound card set up.  Beat seem decent but if I'm forking out 300 dollars I want the dopest shit I can get.

Concensus is that the Dre headphones are drastically overpriced. Actually supposed to be quite good and definitely easy to drive (but they need batteries), but you pay top dollar for the looks and branding more than anything else. What kinda music are you gonna be using it for mainly, portability an issue, ideal budget?

I know I got a pair of crazy audiophile quality headphones and ended up getting rid of them cause the SQ wasn't really suited to my musical/listening preferences. Should be able to list some pro, cons and sound quality observations for sets considered to be the best value cause I frequented head-fi quite a bit researching.

I bump,

hip-hop
indie rock
post-rock
classical
electronic/dub-step/trip-hop

I'm not going into creating music.  I just want some headphones that fully flesh out the various aspects of songs.  That's to say I want a nice sounding bass but when a violin is going solo I don't want this represented poorly.  I guess I'm looking for headphones that has nice dynamics - a rang of bass and low end sounds.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Muhfukka

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »

I mean drop the silver color in lower half and keep it just one solid color
hahaha man im pretty sur its "that silver color" because its the housing for the heaphone and is made out of some metal,unlike the plastic strap thing

Matty

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

I bump,

hip-hop
indie rock
post-rock
classical
electronic/dub-step/trip-hop

I'm not going into creating music.  I just want some headphones that fully flesh out the various aspects of songs.  That's to say I want a nice sounding bass but when a violin is going solo I don't want this represented poorly.  I guess I'm looking for headphones that has nice dynamics - a rang of bass and low end sounds.

so you want the 'ideal' headphones :laugh:

i've heard the dre ones are supposed to be pretty terrible for some other genres - namely classical, due to the sqaushed soundstage and overpowering low-end. thing is i actually want a set that have that kind of quality, recessed mids/highs and somewhat boomy bass, but done in a quality way. a lot of the quality, dynamic sets are considered to lacking in bass by those wanting to bump hip-hop.

but its all relative always comes down to inaccurate/fun presentation vs accuracy and need for quality recordings/sources. it sounds like you might be leaning toward the fully dynamic, studio quality sets, but still with an emphasis on low-end. let me shoot out the names of some highly regarded models, all cheaper than the dres:

sony mdr-v6/v7506 - bread and butter studio can, very present highs and bass within the flat response.

audio-technica ath-m50 - considered one of the best pure studio cans for bass. very versatile and quality for the cost.

shure srh440 - meant to be very dyanmic and quality for the cost.

shure srh750dj - more bassy than the other shures.

m audio q40 - meant to be great quality and very hard hitting bass.

akg k81dj - considered excellent for the very low price, boomier bass with quality, but not that comfortable. on ear design.

panasonic rp-htx7 - i owned these but completely wore them out. very good value, portability and great dynamic sound quality. low end is very good too, could be boomier, but clean and responsive with decent emphasis.

sony xb500/700 - gonna get the 500. read great things about these for the price. 700 model is monster large and bass is said to be even more engulfing and a bit less punchy than the 500.

beyer dynamic dt770 - considered the go to hi-fi headphone for bass. won't be easy to power out of portable devices. built like a tank and super comfy.

beyer dynamic DJX-1 - supposed to have great bass and sound for a dj set.

ultrasone dj1/dj1 pro - ultrasone have a different sound system to other headphones, a lot of comments about the bass and all round quality on these models. some people absolutely love it.

denon d2000 - considered the daddy at this kind of price range for bass fans. very versatile and high quality. i owned them, would not consider portable or with enough/the correct bass emphasis, but extremely dyanmic and fun. only high quality recordings will sound any good.

equation audio rp21 - loads of shit about these having crazy bass and all round response for the price. not supposed to be that comfortable.

sennheiser hd 212 - bassiest sennheisers. on ear design.

some of these might be much harder to drive out of portable devices than others, with the more consumer/dj branded sets being the easiest.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:59:47 PM by Matty »