Author Topic: CNN: Obama picks Biden for VP  (Read 586 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
CNN: Obama picks Biden for VP
« on: August 22, 2008, 10:50:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/23/biden.democrat.vp.candidate/index.html

(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama has picked Delaware Sen. Joe Biden to be his running mate, multiple Democratic sources tell CNN.
Delaware Sen. Joe Biden is Sen. Barack Obama's choice to be his vice-presidential running mate.

Delaware Sen. Joe Biden is Sen. Barack Obama's choice to be his vice-presidential running mate.

The longtime Democratic senator was long considered a likely choice for vice president, but the buzz surrounding him intensified after he returned earlier this week from a two-day trip to the Republic of Georgia after Russian troops invaded.

Biden, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, brings years of experience that could help counter GOP arguments that an Obama administration would be inexperienced on foreign policy.

Biden abandoned his own White House run after a poor showing in Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucuses. He also ran for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination but dropped out after charges of plagiarism in a stump speech.

The 65-year-old was first elected to the Senate in 1972. Shortly afterwards, his first wife and daughter were killed in a car accident. He considered resigning, but decided to continue with his political career.

Biden is currently serving out his sixth term, making him Delaware's longest-serving senator.

Biden is married and has three children. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware and got a law degree from Syracuse.
Don't Miss

In 1988, Biden suffered an aneurysm and nearly died but has recovered fully.

One of Biden's grandfathers was a Pennsylvania state senator, according to the Almanac of American Politics.

Biden will make his first big speech as the VP candidate on Wednesday, August 27 -- the third night of the Democratic convention.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:04:48 PM by pootypooty »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: CNN: Obama picks Biden for VP
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:57:30 AM »
Good pick, would've liked Bill Richardson more though. If Obama dies in office, Richardson will open the borders!

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 07:51:22 AM »
Good pick, would've liked Bill Richardson more though. If Obama dies in office, Richardson will open the borders!

good picc?? isnt he part of the washington machine??..the very machine obama has been trying to distance himself from. And didn't he vote for the Iraq war?? and didn't he once say he'd be proud to serve as VP for John McCain???. That's three yesses cuzz. This picc absolutely makes no fuccin sense and Obama is not only contradicting himself for the sixth thousand time but he's makin himself look like he laccs some major judgment.

Kilo2

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 08:03:59 AM »

good picc?? isnt he part of the washington machine??..the very machine obama has been trying to distance himself from. And didn't he vote for the Iraq war?? and didn't he once say he'd be proud to serve as VP for John McCain???. That's three yesses cuzz. This picc absolutely makes no fuccin sense and Obama is not only contradicting himself for the sixth thousand time but he's makin himself look like he laccs some major judgment.

Obama wants to look like the rest of them, but apparently he has some sort of underlying radical motives as soon as he touches office.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 12:32:52 PM »
I still can't wait till Obama wins and not a goddamn thing changes. 

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

Isn't every other Senator part of the washington machine? Didn't almosy every senetor (minus Obama) vote for the Iraq war? Including Hillary Clinton. And yes he did say he would be proud to server as VP for McCain. He picked someone with a a lot of experience and a different point of view then his own. That's what you need in a VP, someone to give you a different view point and opinion then your own on a issue. Picking someone exactly like himself wouldn't help him, it would only satisfy morons who think it's inconsistent to pick someone different. Do you know who Biden is? Go read some stuff on him, because he's more then qualified to be President himself. Theirs no one Obama could've picked which would make you happy, so he picked an experience and well liked VP. Having 2 people who think a like on everything is useless, to understand an issue or concept you need more then one point of view. Biden brings it. And don't compare McCain's and Obama's judgment. McCain is an old senile man, while Obama is at least an intellectual. McCain is an idiot, and obviously with your whole view of the Iraq War and WMD's, you are too. Idiots vote for idiots, and the problem is, most of America is stupid.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 09:08:42 PM »

Obama wants to look like the rest of them, but apparently he has some sort of underlying radical motives as soon as he touches office.

Yeah right it can't just be that he's just another successful guy out to gain more power n shit. He must be equipped and willing to transform the world into a better place, him not being caucasian is easily enough evidence to back that claim up.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »
Good politician, stupid pick. :grumpy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RDVUPqoowf8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 12:41:13 PM »

Isn't every other Senator part of the washington machine? Didn't almosy every senetor (minus Obama) vote for the Iraq war? Including Hillary Clinton. And yes he did say he would be proud to server as VP for McCain. He picked someone with a a lot of experience and a different point of view then his own. That's what you need in a VP, someone to give you a different view point and opinion then your own on a issue. Picking someone exactly like himself wouldn't help him, it would only satisfy morons who think it's inconsistent to pick someone different. Do you know who Biden is? Go read some stuff on him, because he's more then qualified to be President himself. Theirs no one Obama could've picked which would make you happy, so he picked an experience and well liked VP. Having 2 people who think a like on everything is useless, to understand an issue or concept you need more then one point of view. Biden brings it. And don't compare McCain's and Obama's judgment. McCain is an old senile man, while Obama is at least an intellectual. McCain is an idiot, and obviously with your whole view of the Iraq War and WMD's, you are too. Idiots vote for idiots, and the problem is, most of America is stupid.

So let me get this straight..everybody who dont agree with you is an idiot?. Now you've called most of America stupid and you cheered during the georgia conflict..hoping for World War III!!!. Seriously..who is really the idiot here?. I could write a thousand words regarding Obama's judgment or rather lacc of judgment and you still would not get it.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »
I'm dissapointed in this pick.  Obama has been severely alienating his base ever since winning the nomination.  And this is just another effort by him to appeal to older, white male voters.  I know he has to appeal to white males to win but this pandering is really starting to get old and it's only August.

I can't wait to see MDogg come in here and predictably tell us how great Biden is, even though Biden is the same guy who told Kerry to select McCain as a running mate in 08 to draw in more good ol' boy votes.

Biden is another drug warrior as well, he's been a part of many unconstitutional big government bills.  But people like MDogg believe government knows best and that we must give them all our money so they can run our lives for us.

Obama is a good brother and I like his swag, and his Indonesian/African background, and his wifey is cool... but I don't like his political perspective.

Ron Paul 08!
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 02:19:36 PM »

So let me get this straight..everybody who dont agree with you is an idiot?. Now you've called most of America stupid and you cheered during the georgia conflict..hoping for World War III!!!. Seriously..who is really the idiot here?. I could write a thousand words regarding Obama's judgment or rather lacc of judgment and you still would not get it.

People who don't look at the facts, and don't agree with obvious conclusions, are idiots. Iraq never had WMD's, they posed no threat. Simple facts, which lead to a simple conclusion. The US was wrong to invade Iraq, and were wrong in making up the evidence to do so. Most Americans are stupid, they re-elected Bush the second time, after everyone knew Bush had lied to every single one of them about WMD's and Iraq. How stupid could a person get? Religious people for the most part, are stupid people. They are pro-life, against gay marriage, and don't believe in Evolution. Those are all stupid things to believe in. About the WW3, which you keep going off about, I don't believe the human race is all that important. I mean, through the last thousands of years, what have we been doing? Massacring each other, wars, genocide, conquering land. Where an evil species on this planet. Why do people value human life so highly, and other life on this planet so expediently? It's a fundamental flaw in our thinking, since we're so dependent on nature to survive. In all seriousness, we have 3 billion too many people on this planet. How do humans control populations? War. More people die of starvation a year then war, yet war is more evil, then letting poor people starve. Either way people die. War is necessary to control populations. Sounds evil, but it's true.

Listen, I can't debate you on Obama and McCain, because you're brainwashed, you believe the shit that comes out of McCain's mouth. He's fucking senile. "How would you stop evil Mr.McCain?" "Defeat it." How stupid can someone get? Defeat evil? Like defeat the devil? As long as theirs people living on this planet, their will be terrorism, their will be evil.

Obama's judgment? Please give me 5 good reasons of Obama's poor judgment. Now, since you obviously aren't very educated, I'll tell you a few examples which aren't bad judgment. Opposing the Surge was not bad judgment. Voting for the war in the first place was bad judgment. Opposing off-shore drilling is not bad judgment, for obviously reasons if you're an educated person. Preparing a list of Obama's bad judgements would be meaningless, unless you compare it to McCain or Bush. The one thing I would say Obama had bad judgment on is his view on nuclear power. That's the one IMPORTANT issue he has failed me on. Social issues are not important to educated people. Before you actually try and type out a list of Obama's bad decisions, does Obama have poorer judgment then Bush? If yes, don't bother posting anything. If you admit Bush has been a terrible president, then please tell my why Obama is such a fraud.

Kilo2

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

Yeah right it can't just be that he's just another successful guy out to gain more power n shit. He must be equipped and willing to transform the world into a better place, him not being caucasian is easily enough evidence to back that claim up.

Actually smart ass, he has ties to several so called "lefty" organizations such as A.C.O.R.N. and various other organizations that show Obama has quite a nice lefty backing which I am all for. The thing is though, his affiliation with them could be only to get more votes which I don't support. Read before you start thinking I am some racist asshole. Educate yourself.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
People who don't look at the facts, and don't agree with obvious conclusions, are idiots. Iraq never had WMD's, they posed no threat. Simple facts, which lead to a simple conclusion. The US was wrong to invade Iraq, and were wrong in making up the evidence to do so. Most Americans are stupid, they re-elected Bush the second time, after everyone knew Bush had lied to every single one of them about WMD's and Iraq. How stupid could a person get? Religious people for the most part, are stupid people. They are pro-life, against gay marriage, and don't believe in Evolution. Those are all stupid things to believe in.

You gotta be one stupid motherfucca. Why the fucc do you think Iraq was cited by the IAEA and sanctioned by tha UN Security Council for violating its NPT safeguards obligations???. If the muthafucca wasn't a threat then the nigga would co-operate. You can read right?. Do you know how many times Saddam Hussein didn't allow weapons inspectors into his facilities??. And it's very easy to dismantle chemical weapons and you don't even need a lot of them to make some severe destruction. You ought to read a little bit about this shit cuzz. Even Saddam's aides have confirmed this shit. Theres a lot of niggas sayin "we was misinformed" but we wasnt misinformed!!!. Just because you didn't find any don't mean there wasn't any. It was only a matter of time when Iraq became nuclear armed. Why the fucc you think the nigga invaded Kuwait??. Everybody knew he wanted to take the Saudis too. Ever heard of Pan-Arabism?. If the U.S. hadnt began desert storm the muthafucca would've become a one thousand pound gorilla. You talk about religion. I could give a fucc about that shit. And I'm fully aware that a lot of the republican muthafuccas thrive on that shit. I never said I was supportin' everything them niggas is preachin. What I do respect are certain limits, rules and core values. To me thats common sense and a lot of that shit can be found in religion.

I don't believe the human race is all that important. I mean, through the last thousands of years, what have we been doing? Massacring each other, wars, genocide, conquering land. Where an evil species on this planet. Why do people value human life so highly, and other life on this planet so expediently? It's a fundamental flaw in our thinking, since we're so dependent on nature to survive.

Let me guess..you're a vegeterian?.

How do humans control populations? War. More people die of starvation a year then war, yet war is more evil, then letting poor people starve. Either way people die. War is necessary to control populations. Sounds evil, but it's true.

You just revealed your low IQ with this one..hahaha..seriously cuzz..are you for real??. Let me guess..you believe in UFOs too?? hahahaha. Who fucced you in the ass as a child?

Listen, I can't debate you on Obama and McCain, because you're brainwashed, you believe the shit that comes out of McCain's mouth. He's fucking senile. "How would you stop evil Mr.McCain?" "Defeat it." How stupid can someone get? Defeat evil? Like defeat the devil? As long as theirs people living on this planet, their will be terrorism, their will be evil.

What did Obama say when he was asked about his pro abortion beliefs. I believe the question was 'at what point does a baby get human rights?' and he said 'that answer is above my pay grade' hahahaha. You see this nigga is so scripted he has no fuccin idea what to do or say when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

Obama's judgment? Please give me 5 good reasons of Obama's poor judgment. Now, since you obviously aren't very educated, I'll tell you a few examples which aren't bad judgment. Opposing the Surge was not bad judgment. Voting for the war in the first place was bad judgment. Opposing off-shore drilling is not bad judgment, for obviously reasons if you're an educated person. Preparing a list of Obama's bad judgements would be meaningless, unless you compare it to McCain or Bush. The one thing I would say Obama had bad judgment on is his view on nuclear power. That's the one IMPORTANT issue he has failed me on. Social issues are not important to educated people. Before you actually try and type out a list of Obama's bad decisions, does Obama have poorer judgment then Bush? If yes, don't bother posting anything. If you admit Bush has been a terrible president, then please tell my why Obama is such a fraud.

5 good reasons???. Opposing the surge WAS bad judgment..that's one!. If Saddam hadn't been thrown out the nigga would be nuclear armed as we speak cuzz. Don't even get me started on that shit haha. As for off shore drilling...how the fucc can that be a bad thing??. There is some major shortage of oil in this world and it's getting divided in a fucced up way. Are you an enviormentalist? did you join green peace?. Who the fucc are you cuzz. Obama's little sweet heart deal with Tony Rezko?...that's two. Staying with a racist church for 20 years..that's three. Piccin Joe Bidena as VP...thats four...and using the race card --that's five!. And then we got all the stupid shit he has said. Want me to quote the nigga??
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 05:25:15 PM by C-BLUE »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 11:43:29 PM »
I'm dissapointed in this pick.  Obama has been severely alienating his base ever since winning the nomination.  And this is just another effort by him to appeal to older, white male voters.  I know he has to appeal to white males to win but this pandering is really starting to get old and it's only August.

I can't wait to see MDogg come in here and predictably tell us how great Biden is, even though Biden is the same guy who told Kerry to select McCain as a running mate in 08 to draw in more good ol' boy votes.

Biden is another drug warrior as well, he's been a part of many unconstitutional big government bills.  But people like MDogg believe government knows best and that we must give them all our money so they can run our lives for us.

Obama is a good brother and I like his swag, and his Indonesian/African background, and his wifey is cool... but I don't like his political perspective.

Ron Paul 08!

My first pick would be Bill Richardson, but you might hate him more than Biden. You think that less government is the way, but honestly the way things are right now, like in the Teddy Roosevelt days, business is starting to interfer with the way average Americans live, and we can't wait until things change, as we need to make these changes ourselves.

As for Biden, his the safe pick, very solid, and someone who wouldn't overshadow Obama. I agree with it and lets get the White House.

RON PAUL IS DEAD!!!!!!!