Author Topic: Young_Jeezy-The_Recession-2008 (Official Discussion)  (Read 2850 times)

22 Twoz

• 'G'
Re: Young_Jeezy-The_Recession-2008 (Official Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »

Opinons from people that just heard it?
"Hi Travy"

PLANT

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 02:27:58 PM »
"Put On" feat. Kanye is a crazy track!  That shit bangs HARD in the ride!! :o  Im feelin a few tracks on here, the one with Trey Songs is kinda dope...The beats pound hard in the ride for sure!   

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:25 PM »
"Put On" feat. Kanye is a crazy track!  That shit bangs HARD in the ride!! :o  Im feelin a few tracks on here, the one with Trey Songs is kinda dope...The beats pound hard in the ride for sure!   

wtf did u just hear Put On or sum?

question: who's coppin this?
"Hi Travy"

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »

wtf did u just hear Put On or sum?

question: who's coppin this?

I DOnt think i will, I lisened to it ounce and i thought both of his previios albums were better. "Put on" maybe better than all songs off jeezy 2nd album. But as far as a complete out i like Jeezy 2nd effort better than this after 1 lisen

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 06:47:40 PM »
whats the big difference between shawty lo and jeezy?

call me crazy but they're on the same level imo

quick listen:

recession --> boring
welcome back --> " "
by the way --> " "
crazy world --> " "
what they want --> " "
amazin --> too bad all these songs sound the same. this one isnt as bad as the others, but you guys werent kidding about this album being the same shit over and over
hustlaz ambition --> album is picking up. two tolerable songs in a row
who dat --> nevermind, this sucks
i dont know --> its ok
circulate --> not bad
word play --> every track on this album that I like would be much better without him on it. this one too.
vacation --> meh
everything --> anthony hamilton doesnt belong on the chorus. his verse is good, but boosie has one too...
takin it there --> best song so far
dont do it --> this song hurts my ears. something about the mixing. give another producer this sample and another rapper the beat, and get back to me
put on --> obviously the best song... but why no jay verse? btw, has anyone from the west done a verse over this beat? I'm thinking of making a jay/kanye/cham/?? remix.
get allot --> not too bad. not good either
my president --> the name and the nas feature make this out to be something that it isnt. not a bad song, but you should know before you hear it.

bonus track (ive done it) --> great beat on this one. probably top 3 on the album.

overall it sucks, but i cant give it a number rating yet
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:16:45 PM by R1ZE »

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »
whats the big difference between shawty lo and jeezy?

call me crazy but they're on the same level imo

quick listen:

recession --> boring
welcome back --> " "
by the way --> " "
crazy world --> " "
what they want --> " "
amazin --> too bad all these songs sound the same. this one isnt as bad as the others, but you guys werent kidding about this album being the same shit over and over
hustlaz ambition --> album is picking up. two tolerable songs in a row
who dat --> nevermind, this sucks
i dont know --> its ok
circulate --> not bad
word play --> every track on this album that I like would be much better without him on it. this one too.
vacation --> meh
everything --> anthony hamilton doesnt belong on the chorus. his verse is good, but boosie has one too...
takin it there --> best song so far
dont do it --> this song hurts my ears. something about the mixing. give another producer this sample and another rapper the beat, and get back to me
put on --> obviously the best song... but why no jay verse? btw, has anyone from the west done a verse over this beat? I'm thinking of making a jay/kanye/cham/?? remix.
get allot --> not too bad. not good either
my president --> the name and the nas feature make this out to be something that it isnt. not a bad song, but you should know before you hear it.

bonus track (ive done it) --> great beat on this one. probably top 3 on the album.

overall it sucks, but i cant give it a number rating yet

can u hook up the "ive done it" track homie?
"Hi Travy"

sav

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2008, 10:53:35 AM »
R1ZE: Damn dude, Jeezy is miles ahead of Lo.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
There's no way you can listen to a whole Jeezy cd without getting bored. However this will get some play in the ride, some banging beats and Jeezy's flwo is always on point. Too bad he doesn't say shit.

Fuuuuuck that.   Put On is the only one that is really good enuff to put in the ride.. 

This album is fucked, Jeezy has no versatility...  The songs are so damn generic...