Author Topic: SO WHATS NEXT FOR BISHOP LAMONT???  (Read 1318 times)

Mr. VIP

SO WHATS NEXT FOR BISHOP LAMONT???
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:32:56 AM »
HIS MIXTAPE WAS COOL BUT THE SINGLE FLOPPED NOBODY WAS FEELING "GROW UP" MAYBE DIE HARD DRE FANS OR SOMETHING BUT THAT BEAT WAS YOUR TYPICAL RECYCLE DRE BEAT SOUNDED LIKE A MIX BETWEEN "30 SOMETHIN" AND "BOSS LIFE" SO WHATS NEXT FOR BISHOP? ANOTHER MIXTAPE? I THINK HE SHOULD WAIT UNTIL DETOX DROPS WHICH IS NEVER............

smegma

Re: SO WHATS NEXT FOR BISHOP LAMONT???
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:34:13 AM »
BOOM! SHAKA LAKA LAKA! BOOM! SHAKA LAKA LAKA! BOOM!

Steve Harvey's Hair

• Lil Geezy
  • I Fukked kittygurl too
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 10:00:03 AM »
coming to realization that hes never going to put out a album on aftermath and finally accepting that job at Hotdog on a Stick

Mr. VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »
LMAO!! DAMN....

Matty

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:32:35 AM »
isn't there supposed to be a video dropping soon?

EFFeX

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:27:48 PM »
The single isn't a bad song, it's just NOT a single.

Unfortunately the market these days is all kids and you can't drop a song dissing people for acting like kids period. Not to mention there wasn't much "bounce" to the track which is what is in these days.

Is the song bad? No. In fact, it would be a great album cut, just not something people are going to be checking for in the club/radio which is what singles are usually about.

Mr. VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:58:58 PM »
yea i know dre has to have one more "outta control remix" or "how we do" left in em call up storch or something dre please!! haha.......

~Lucien~

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »
coming to realization that hes never going to put out a album on aftermath and finally accepting that job at Hotdog on a Stick

Hahahahahaa..nice
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 04:10:57 PM »
wow, what's up with all the flack for Bishop all the sudden.  he takes a month off from giving you guys a free album and you get all pissed?

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
The single isn't a bad song, it's just NOT a single.

Unfortunately the market these days is all kids and you can't drop a song dissing people for acting like kids period. Not to mention there wasn't much "bounce" to the track which is what is in these days.

Is the song bad? No. In fact, it would be a great album cut, just not something people are going to be checking for in the club/radio which is what singles are usually about.

wow, what's up with all the flack for Bishop all the sudden.  he takes a month off from giving you guys a free album and you get all pissed?

shit, the song wasnt that good but it wasnt wayne's lollipop either (which is why u cant expect it to get played in the radio)
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »

his single is wack

just because you go against the current grain in hip-hop doesn't mean you're saying anything new and special.  there's a whole genre that does this..its called indie.

theres nothing wrong with the beat, its nice.... but theres no memorable lines and bishop's flow is just really tame.

i'm surprised all the internet geeks aren't getting behind this just for it not being a mainstream type of song. 

its also a genuine 100% west coast song and still no acclaim, not even here.  what does all this tell you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:45:59 PM by The Great Elephant »

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »

his single is wack

just because you go against the current grain in hip-hop doesn't mean you're saying anything new and special.  there's a whole genre that does this..its called indie.

theres nothing wrong with the beat, its nice.... but theres no memorable lines and bishop's flow is just really tame.

i'm surprised all the internet geeks aren't getting behind this just for it not being a mainstream type of song. 

its also a genuine 100% west coast song and still no acclaim, not even here.  what does all this tell you.

that most ppl still stuck on games cock, even tho soft now .
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
case in point against bishop's flow:  put snoop in there rapping the same exact lyrics and this song would be top 10, easily.

this is like 1998 all over again.

D.A UK

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »
I liked the song and am not feeling bishop that much, i think it was a cool song but for a first single off your first album on Aftermath it was weak. I hope he makes the album but if his singles dont get spins they wont gamble the marketing dollars on bringing out an album. As for the dropping after detox idea, will detox ever come? I hope so but i think not, as anything dre puts out will dissapoint.
Nas Won! "I prove you lost already"