Author Topic: I thought minorities in America had to be twice as qualified as white people?  (Read 149 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Minorities in America always say that they have to work twice as hard and be twice as qualified as white people to succeed in America. That is funny, considering that Barack Obama is the least experienced presidential candidate in modern times. Not to mention, he has the media openly campaigning for him and cheerleading his every move.

Clearly, that old addage has been proven to be false.

Elevz

Do you know how hard Obama has worked to get to where he is now? I don't, but it's not likely that he got there easily. The Democratic party didn't just go out on the streets to find someone black to run for president, for the sake of affirmative action or whatever. Obama had to convince people to get there. And just because he doesn't have the many years worth of political experience that people like Hillary have, doesn't mean he's unqualified. He does have a lot to prove, but the simplified approach you're taking makes very little sense, especially when you're trying to generalize the whole situation.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Independent investigation my friend, independent investigation. If you're willing to see a person through 3rd party perspective, then that's on you, but if you're serious about wanting to really know about something, then independent investigation is where it's at.

The media will paint a picture of how they want you to view him (good & bad).

A good place to start is his autobiography: http://www.amazon.com/Dreams-My-Father-Story-Inheritance/dp/1400082773

Elevz

Surely an autobiography will give you an objective perspective.

Huh? :eh:

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Surely an autobiography will give you an objective perspective.

Huh? :eh:

Given the various resources to research the life of Obama, an autobiography qualifies along with a biography, public records, etc. As I said in my previous post, it's a start, not the end all, be all.