Author Topic: It's people like Glasses Malone why the westcoast will never blow up again  (Read 1403 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: It's people like Glasses Malone why the westcoast will never blow up again
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
You can also argue that the OG's aren't helping the cause either due to their own lack of record sales, so really it's a lost cause either way at the moment. Nobody is checking for Snoop, Game, Cube on a larger mainstream level like they used to. Yet at the same time, nobody from the so-called "New West" has released an album yet, so there isn't anything to talk about from that movement as well.

the OGs in rap aren't supposed to stay on top forever, all the OG had there time with there plat selling albums, so it's to be expected they doing less then half now.  OGs in the east are flopping like a mutha fukka just like the OGs in the south.  It's suuposed to be the new niggas who supposed to pave there own way and break out

but this new west shit is stupid, because unlike new south rappers, they are relying on the OGs, whose time has passed them, to help blow them up

Call it what you want, but the industry ain't checking for the West like that these days. I seriously think it really is up to Dr. Dre with Detox to bring some of the attention back to the West again like he did with The Chronic. If anyone can do it, it's Dre because he hasn't oversaturated himself, so people will at least give his new stuff a chance since they're curious what the long wait was all about.

nigga, Dre isn't bringing the west back to shit with Detox.  you here all the guests that saying they going to be on it?  Only west niggas on there going to be Snoop, MAYBE Nate Dogg.  Guest list will be : Lil Wayne, Jay, R Kelly, Nas, Mary J, Em, 50......, how is that bringing the west back

niggas can't be waiting for Dre to save the west, because he doesn't fukk with the west anymore
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 07:04:51 PM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »
What is this nigga trying to prove?  Beats are down south shit that sounds like imitation shit you hear on the radio.  He jumps on lil wayne bandwagon and is the 1000000th rapper to feature him on his single.  The video not only is cliche to the fullest but shit looks low budget as hell.  LMAO @ wayne not putting Birdman on his album but Glasses was desperate enough to put him on his single.  You know wayne told Glasses he'd only be on his track if Birdman was on there too.  Plus this nigga on Jeezy's steez which is like a nigga bitin' soulja boy

and this new west shit needs to die.  Explain to the logic of forming unity in the west by forming ANOTHER subdivision? when the South blew up the new south rappers weren't acting like bitter children crying to the OGs to help them blow up, they went out and did they shit, and paid respects along the way so everyone was cool

Wow you are one dumb bitch.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 07:11:45 PM »
You can also argue that the OG's aren't helping the cause either due to their own lack of record sales, so really it's a lost cause either way at the moment. Nobody is checking for Snoop, Game, Cube on a larger mainstream level like they used to. Yet at the same time, nobody from the so-called "New West" has released an album yet, so there isn't anything to talk about from that movement as well.

Call it what you want, but the industry ain't checking for the West like that these days. I seriously think it really is up to Dr. Dre with Detox to bring some of the attention back to the West again like he did with The Chronic. If anyone can do it, it's Dre because he hasn't oversaturated himself, so people will at least give his new stuff a chance since they're curious what the long wait was all about.
yeah but one thing about dre is you ain't gonna get no fake south shit and niggas ain't check for cube or snoop cause of the type of music they choose to put out. music consumers ain't stupid no more they are tired of buying a 16 song album wit only two aight songs. they can see through that plastic shit. for them to sell again they need to cater to they fanbases instead of the radio audience..

While I applaud Snoop for trying something different, in a way he might've went a bit too far with it. The album wasn't my cup of tea overall, but it did have a few dope cuts on it. The thing about Dre though, knowing his history, he's an innovator. He's a trendsetter, not a follower.

The only thing that Dre might encounter as a problem with regards to record sales is snagging Southern listeners to tune into his "new sound" that is called Detox. The name itself will catch people's attention, but will it also translate into respectable record sales, is another thing. Of course people are gonna download it first before they go out and buy it, so if that "new sound" doesn't attract the Southern audience right away, then Detox may have a long crawl before it breaks through the mainstream on a major scale like The Chronic did.

I'm wondering how much longer the so-called "Southern sound" will last before it dies out like G-Funk did in the 90's? Surely people are gonna want something fresh, right? Hopefully Detox brings that sort of paradigm shift in hip hop that people are waiting for?

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 07:18:28 PM »

nigga, Dre isn't bringing the west back to shit with Detox.  you here all the guests that saying they going to be on it?  Only west niggas on there going to be Snoop, MAYBE Nate Dogg.  Guest list will be : Lil Wayne, Jay, R Kelly, Nas, Mary J, Em, 50......, how is that bringing the west back

niggas can't be waiting for Dre to save the west, because he doesn't fukk with the west anymore

Nigga, everybody and their dog claim they're gonna be on Detox. Don't believe the hype. You're naive if you believe everything you read or hear. Even if all 50 people who claim they'll be on Detox sent in verses, it don't mean their shit is gonna make the final cut. C'mon, now don't be stupid. You know how this shit works by now, don't you?

Like I said, if Dre creates that so-called "new sound" that's supposed to be Detox, then that's what it is. Whether the mainstream bites on it and jumps on the bandwagon is a whole other thing, but at the very least we as fans of West Coast music can bet that Dre don't follow trends, he sets them. Efil4zaggin, The Chronic & 2001 are proof of that.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »

Nigga, everybody and their dog claim they're gonna be on Detox. Don't believe the hype. You're naive if you believe everything you read or hear. Even if all 50 people who claim they'll be on Detox sent in verses, it don't mean their shit is gonna make the final cut. C'mon, now don't be stupid. You know how this shit works by now, don't you?

Like I said, if Dre creates that so-called "new sound" that's supposed to be Detox, then that's what it is. Whether the mainstream bites on it and jumps on the bandwagon is a whole other thing, but at the very least we as fans of West Coast music can bet that Dre don't follow trends, he sets them. Efil4zaggin, The Chronic & 2001 are proof of that.

if you're expecting a westcoast guest list like on Chronic and 2001 you are living in a fantasy world.

and I give Snoop props for continually trying to reinvent himself.  Nigga went from that westcoast gangsta shit on BCT to experimental hip hop the next album.. Obviously the sales weren't there as he only sold 360K in the US, but Snoop ended up selling 3x PLAT world wide.  That's 3 million more then all these new west niggas. 

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »

if you're expecting a westcoast guest list like on Chronic and 2001 you are living in a fantasy world.

and I give Snoop props for continually trying to reinvent himself.  Nigga went from that westcoast gangsta shit on BCT to experimental hip hop the next album.. Obviously the sales weren't there as he only sold 360K in the US, but Snoop ended up selling 3x PLAT world wide.  That's 3 million more then all these new west niggas. 

Where did I say I was expecting West Coast guests?

And 3X plat worldwide? Please give me a source for this, cuz I don't believe it.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »

Where did I say I was expecting West Coast guests?

And 3X plat worldwide? Please give me a source for this, cuz I don't believe it.

shits common knowledge nigga, find me his worldwide sales if I'm  wrong then

EFFeX

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »
Na, chill homie... G Malone is a good look for theWest, something fresh showing that dudes aren't stuck in the khakis and chucks mode, which BELIEVE ME is all people think of the West out on the East Coast. There needs to be more new faces on the West that don't fall into the stereo type for it to ever be taken seriously in the mainstream again. Yeah, I can see why someone who isn't into Cash Money's sound could be turned off by this track, but don't pretend that's Malone's entire history and style.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »

Dipshit, do you know how to reply to a question?

If it's common knowledge then show me the source. I think your bullshittin' though, cuz that shit would've been posted on dubcc like Tupac coming back to life.

1X is more realistic, but 3X? Hell nah, nigga. Show me the source, otherwise I'm calling your bluff, cuz you'z a stupid mufucka if you think it went 3X plat worldwide in 6 months when that shit ain't even hit Gold locally.

For real though, show me a source nigga.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »

If it's common knowledge then show me the source. I think your bullshittin' though, cuz that shit would've been posted on dubcc like Tupac coming back to life.

1X is more realistic, but 3X? Hell nah, nigga. Show me the source, otherwise I'm calling your bluff, cuz you'z a stupid mufucka if you think it went 3X plat worldwide in 6 months when that shit ain't even hit Gold locally.

nigga if you so confident he flopped worldwide then show me your link to his worldwide numbers?

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 07:45:06 PM »

nigga if you so confident he flopped worldwide then show me your link to his worldwide numbers?

Dumbfuck, you brought it up first, therefore you show me where he sold 3X plat. I ain't giving info, I'm asking info. Don't be a fucking tard and answer the damn question. You're fucking remedial aren't you?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »

Dumbfuck, you brought it up first, therefore you show me where he sold 3X plat. I ain't giving info, I'm asking info. Don't be a fucking tard and answer the damn question. You're fucking remedial aren't you?

if you calling my bluff then prove me wrong, until then shut ya ass up

The Watcher

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
this joint is ok, bringing back a gfunk inspired album will get this dude double wood

if you wanna sell then you gotta make your single appeal to the masses
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 07:52:39 PM »

if you calling my bluff then prove me wrong, until then shut ya ass up

Damn, you'z a dumb mufucka. You claim something first, yet you can't back it up with a proper source. Take your "L" nigga.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
this joint is ok, bringing back a gfunk inspired album will get this dude double wood

if you wanna sell then you gotta make your single appeal to the masses

then this album will go double toilet rolls.  Nigga going to flop regardless cause he's boring