Author Topic: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.  (Read 1950 times)

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Dubb Union album thread -- It is out today, i have a copy.
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2008, 03:08:25 AM »
ok i got my copy!! dope ass album in france 14€90! go cop it!
Tu l'as acheter ou j'ai été a la fnac hier il y etais pas ?
thats what i'm saying... 8) 8) 8)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2008, 03:48:06 AM »

I just noticed, the name "Snoop Dogg" appears on the outside CD artwork 4 times, whereas "Dubb Union" appears only 2 times.  Have you ever heard such a thing where the label president's name is on an artist's CD more than the artists name itself, just ridiculous.

You have to remember.  Snoop Dogg has a much bigger name than that of a debuting "Dubb Union".  Even if it said the names of the band on the cover, it would still be a good marketing plan to include "SNOOP DOGG" as much as possible.  Probably the groups' idea too. 

I would think more people would be looking @ Snoop CDs and come across this, than people specifically looking for Dub Union.  (Only cuz this is their first release)

It think they were aiming for exposure, is all.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 04:02:42 AM »

I just noticed, the name "Snoop Dogg" appears on the outside CD artwork 4 times, whereas "Dubb Union" appears only 2 times.  Have you ever heard such a thing where the label president's name is on an artist's CD more than the artists name itself, just ridiculous.

You have to remember.  Snoop Dogg has a much bigger name than that of a debuting "Dubb Union".  Even if it said the names of the band on the cover, it would still be a good marketing plan to include "SNOOP DOGG" as much as possible.  Probably the groups' idea too. 

I would think more people would be looking @ Snoop CDs and come across this, than people specifically looking for Dub Union.  (Only cuz this is their first release)

And remember it was the same with the first Eastsidaz i think Snoop dogg present tha eastsidaz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 04:29:08 AM »

And remember it was the same with the first Eastsidaz i think Snoop dogg present tha eastsidaz

Yup, yup.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 04:54:17 AM »

Yup, yup.
It's just Snoop putting thoughts to your heads. He has dedicated his whole life for keeping Soopafly underground and with thoughts like that, he will be doing that for years.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2008, 05:04:12 AM »

What are those tracks "Incredible" "U Can Slide Down" and "Ilove it when". You wanna post those songs up for us??

"Incredible" came from Soopafly's myspace page.  "U Can Slide Down" came from the Westfest CD that they were giving out during the westfest concerts, and "I Love It When" came from the snoop dogg "gangsta grillz" mixtape.  I think I got "I Don't Think So" from dubcnn back in the day.  I was one of the first Dubb Union songs I heard.

Mo-D

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Me and Kurupt - Brisbane 2007
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2008, 05:11:18 AM »
Got my copy ordered off ebay. Should be here in Australia within a week.

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:07 AM »
Yeah Dubb You skips on me too.  Also the track Miles Away suddenly stops.  Sounds like there could be about another 15 seconds but it just stops.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2008, 08:02:40 AM »

Yup, yup.
It's just Snoop putting thoughts to your heads. He has dedicated his whole life for keeping Soopafly underground and with thoughts like that, he will be doing that for years.

lol.  Soopafly can fuck off to a different label then, if he thinks Snoop is hindering him.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »
Yeah Dubb You skips on me too.  Also the track Miles Away suddenly stops.  Sounds like there could be about another 15 seconds but it just stops.

Thanks for the confirmation.  So it looks like all the CDs were pressed up with the skips I guess....that sucks.

What'd you think of the album?  What are your standout songs?

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2008, 08:25:54 AM »

Yup, yup.
Nope!!!
Snoop is only on one song on the album, the rest is Dubb Union,if anything, the buzz for the group will be based on those songs featured the three mcs...
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2008, 08:27:15 AM »

Thanks for the confirmation.  So it looks like all the CDs were pressed up with the skips I guess....that sucks.

What'd you think of the album?  What are your standout songs?

Excellent Album.  Probably 2nd best of the year.

Standouts are:
Hata Talk
Welcome to the Majors
Westurn Union
Don't Like You Girl
We Both Know (Snoop should have been on that)
Dippin' Thru (my fav)
Stuggle
Tear It Off
Miles Away
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 08:57:31 AM »
Yeah, the beat on Dippin Thru is amazing.  Believe it or not, i like Snoop's hook on "I Don't Like You Girl".  It sounds perfect to go along with the song.  He didn't even drop a verse or anything, which is great.  That beat is fire too.  Those are my 2 favorite tracks off the CD so far.  Westurn Union is a great song too.  I also like Bacc Talk just cause the lyrics are funny, but it's got a nice beat and everything too.  Dubb You is good too, kurupt rips the chorus on that one.  At least half the CD is easily listenable, which is more than I can say for LAX, Raw Footage, and Ego Trippin.

DazDilly

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
Is the album worth buying without hearing first? I don't want to download it, just want to support the movement, so is this hot or not?

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
After hearing how bad the quality is and how its even worse than the mixtape I think id only pay 3$ for this. Sounds like some real bullshit to me. Which is sad cos this album had potential. NO HATE