Author Topic: The Game - LAX Final numbers FIRST Week Sales 222,844  (Read 2570 times)

papa-smurf

Re: Sales are 54% in - Game is at 120k
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2008, 03:48:43 PM »
gunit did 90,000,game out sold gunit,and game last record out sold lloyd banks last record.game first record sold more then tony yayo an dlloyd banks put together.Game always out selling gunit,50 cent is the only one that be selling more records then game

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Game - LAX Final numbers FIRST Week Sales 222,844
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
Lol@Game big time outselling G-Unit with a clearly better album and those 50 groupies still talking shit
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »
Lol@Game big time outselling G-Unit with a clearly better album and those 50 groupies still talking shit
tell me about it :laugh:  there's some ppl on here that were going to act like he flopped no matter what #s he did. 226K and #1 on the billboard spot and they STILL talkin shit/makin excuses ::)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »
tell me about it :laugh:  there's some ppl on here that were going to act like he flopped no matter what #s he did. 226K and #1 on the billboard spot and they STILL talkin shit/makin excuses ::)

well it was even worse when he put out a dope ass album with DA when they previously were talking shit about how he ain't gon do it without dre, 50, em, aftermath and all that

sometimes it's just hard to be a hater, Im feelin for those niggas
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Grim

• Lil Geezy
  • ED HARDY DAN
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »
So he sold 22,000 more than plies, where the dude that said jeezy wont sale more game, even doe jeezy album sales ain't out yet I'm sure jeezy will sale more. Album wont even go platinum

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2008, 04:40:29 PM »
G-Unit did 102,000 records first week. And a group album is suppose to sell less than a solo artist. In the past 3 years only UGK sold more than G-Unit group wise. So if you wanna compare anything, compare LAX sales to Curtis first week sales. And G-Unit flopped as they should, since the album sucked. And how can you honestly say Game had less promotion ? He was all over MTV, BET, radio and magazine covers in the past few months. He had 2 high budget videos and 1 low budget before the album was released. G-Unit's only promotion was through thisis50.com, shit, the last 2 months, 50 wasn't even around to do interviews, too busy shooting a some movie in New Orleans. Both him and Jimmy probably knew that this was a mixtape turned into an album type of crap so I doubt much money was spent on T.O.S.

bone thugs did 120k first week

plus the ugk joint was a double album (which both helps and hurts sales)

as far as g-unit vs game... just look at the budget for both albums. and the fact that one has fucking yayo on it. tos probably turned up more profit.

at the end of the day, though, I dont give a fuck about the sales. this stuff only matters when you're affiliated with the artist (as some people on here think they are) or if the sales might actually impact the future of their career. since game is taking a break from hip-hop after this album, I don't think that'll be a problem.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:56:17 PM by R1ZE »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2008, 04:44:30 PM »
damn so his total numbers for week 1 are only a 100 something?

54% IN, ARE YOU BLIND lol. His final numbers are gonna be between 250-275k!!!

your dumb ass thinks that 54% sales in means that's its only 54% of the sales?

nigga flopped

How did dude flop?? He's signed under Geffen not interscope or any of the other majors so he doesn't get the same promotion as some of his counter parts. He did his own promotion and he can sell 300k and make as much money as an artist who pushes 800-900k signed to a major deal cuz they have more to pay off and make less per record sold. Game doesn't get the same air time as a lot of others.

Major Label? Geffen is a major label, it's as major as it gets. GEFFEN IS A MAJOR LABEL. Holy crap, I can't deal with Game groupies anymore, they don't even know simple facts.

Game always out selling gunit

Except Game was on G-Unit when he sold 2x platinum on the Doc. DA didn't outsell Bank's first album, it hardly went platinum in the US. BFM sold like 2-3 million in the US. Sure if you do random combinations of G-Unit's solo projects, Game has sold more, counting The Doc, which 50 wrote most of. But since that, Game hasn't sold anything close to 50, or anything close to his first album. G-Unit has sold millions more albums then Game has in the last 5 years, simple, undeniable fact.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:52:20 PM by The King of Mitt Romney's Fan Club »

Lunatic

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »
lol at anyone actin like this flopped...the haters will hate ::)

Meho: as stated Bone Thugs outsold G-Unit on their last album as did UGK, and oh, USDA as well.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2008, 04:54:16 PM »

Meho: as stated Bone Thugs outsold G-Unit on their last album as did UGK, and oh, USDA as well.

It didn't flop, but neither did Curtis. If Game's album doesn't go platinum in the US over it's entire run, it'll be considered a flop. Not to mention the poor quality of the entire album on every track. Terrible artist, mediocre sales. Let's hope this guy retires so we don't need to listen to his bullshit name dropping.

Lunatic

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »
It didn't flop, but neither did Curtis. If Game's album doesn't go platinum in the US over it's entire run, it'll be considered a flop. Not to mention the poor quality of the entire album on every track. Terrible artist, mediocre sales. Let's hope this guy retires so we don't need to listen to his bullshit name dropping.
I never said Curtis flopped. Curtis did what every other big album does now a days (the issue here is 50 used to be ahead of the pack, now he's tied/behind Lil Wayne, T.I., Jeezy, Ludacris). since 2006, Curtis has outsold once by T.I., tied once with T.I., outsold by Jeezy and Luda once, outsold by Wayne etc. Plus Jeezy put out a group album (on KOCH) that went gold which 50 couldn't do on a major.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »

close, but no

usda - 95k
tos - 100k

game didnt flop, but he didnt do great either.

edit: nvm, didnt see that last post. surprised they went gold
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 05:00:14 PM by R1ZE »

Lunatic

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2008, 04:59:52 PM »

close, but no
usda - 95k
tos - 100k
game didnt flop, but he didnt do great either.
that's first week; USDA had better 2nd/3rd/4th weeks and so on. I know this because I know for a fact USDA sold over 500K and was certified Gold; something Gunit wont do.

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »
damn so his total numbers for week 1 are only a 100 something?

54% IN, ARE YOU BLIND lol. His final numbers are gonna be between 250-275k!!!

your dumb ass thinks that 54% sales in means that's its only 54% of the sales?

nigga flopped

How did dude flop?? He's signed under Geffen not interscope or any of the other majors so he doesn't get the same promotion as some of his counter parts. He did his own promotion and he can sell 300k and make as much money as an artist who pushes 800-900k signed to a major deal cuz they have more to pay off and make less per record sold. Game doesn't get the same air time as a lot of others.

Major Label? Geffen is a major label, it's as major as it gets. GEFFEN IS A MAJOR LABEL. Holy crap, I can't deal with Game groupies anymore, they don't even know simple facts.

Game always out selling gunit

Except Game was on G-Unit when he sold 2x platinum on the Doc. DA didn't outsell Bank's first album, it hardly went platinum in the US. BFM sold like 2-3 million in the US. Sure if you do random combinations of G-Unit's solo projects, Game has sold more, counting The Doc, which 50 wrote most of. But since that, Game hasn't sold anything close to 50, or anything close to his first album. G-Unit has sold millions more albums then Game has in the last 5 years, simple, undeniable fact.

I will take it slow for u so u can understand. Geffen is not major compared to the Def Jams and Interscopes. Before game even signed to 'em, most people have never even heard of geffen. The proof is in the internet forums where so many said he was done cause they had never even heard of it. Geffen doesn't put as much money into records as an intercope because they don't have that kinda power. Game mostly sells record based off of name. DA didn't outsell Banks first album, but Documentary did and DA outsold Banks, Yayo and Buck's 2nd albums (Yayo's first) combined and is certified platinum. BFM sold 2-3 million and the Documentary surpassed that. So just his first two albums alone outsold both Unit albums.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Dippafly

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2008, 05:37:12 PM »
LAX debuted at #1 thats all that matters in todays environment for cd sales.  Btw, he had minimal promotion for this cd.
SLEPT ON CLASSICS

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »
[I will take it slow for u so u can understand. Geffen is not major compared to the Def Jams and Interscopes. Before game even signed to 'em, most people have never even heard of geffen. The proof is in the internet forums where so many said he was done cause they had never even heard of it. Geffen doesn't put as much money into records as an intercope because they don't have that kinda power. Game mostly sells record based off of name. DA didn't outsell Banks first album, but Documentary did and DA outsold Banks, Yayo and Buck's 2nd albums (Yayo's first) combined and is certified platinum. BFM sold 2-3 million and the Documentary surpassed that. So just his first two albums alone outsold both Unit albums.

Hmm, so you're saying Geffen isn't considered a major label? They're considered 1/3rd of the Universal Music Group big three labels along with Interscope and A&M Records, so how is that not considered a major label?

Also, Geffen has been around since the 70's and went through various label acquisitions and has since been under the UMG umbrella with Interscope and A&M as the "Big 3". So you're wrong in thinking that nobody knows about them.

Ever heard of John Lennon? He released albums @ Geffen. Nirvana? They did too, and the list goes on.