Author Topic: The Game - LAX Final numbers FIRST Week Sales 222,844  (Read 2525 times)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sales are 54% in - Game is at 120k
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2008, 05:43:35 PM »
Ever heard of John Lennon? He released albums @ Geffen. Nirvana? They did too, and the list goes on.

Not to mention Furtado, Common and others all going platinum multiple times in the last 2 years. It isn't the biggest label, but that has nothing to do with promotion. TOS hardly got any promotion, it flopped. Game has huge promotion, and HUGE production. Game's album budgets are huge, not something a minor label could even afford. Sales aren't everything, profit is. DA and LAX are probably losing the company millions, huge album budgets, huge name producers and features, and lower then expected sales.

Lunatic

Re: The Game - LAX Final numbers FIRST Week Sales 222,844
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »
^just like Curtis lost a shit load of money. =
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2008, 05:52:23 PM »

Who the hell knows, either way, it used mostly lesser known producers, and few features, and it sold 2 million world wide. This Game album won't make a cent with who he put on it. Game is the typical rapper these days, get a bunch of big name producers, get a bunch of features, and cookie cutter the album together. It's a shitty product, just like Curtis was.

LOS SKANLESS NATIVE

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2008, 05:54:01 PM »
Ever heard of John Lennon? He released albums @ Geffen. Nirvana? They did too, and the list goes on.

Not to mention Furtado, Common and others all going platinum multiple times in the last 2 years. It isn't the biggest label, but that has nothing to do with promotion. TOS hardly got any promotion, it flopped. Game has huge promotion, and HUGE production. Game's album budgets are huge, not something a minor label could even afford. Sales aren't everything, profit is. DA and LAX are probably losing the company millions, huge album budgets, huge name producers and features, and lower then expected sales.

Yet Game is ballin. lol

Lunatic

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »
Who the hell knows, either way, it used mostly lesser known producers, and few features, and it sold 2 million world wide. This Game album won't make a cent with who he put on it. Game is the typical rapper these days, get a bunch of big name producers, get a bunch of features, and cookie cutter the album together. It's a shitty product, just like Curtis was.
LOL u act like everyone on the game album was HUGE names production wise. Ervin "EP" Pope did 4 beats and those probably all came at a very low price. Jelly Roll did one beat and i'm sure he's not that expensive either. 1500 Or Nothin' did 2 beats and i'm sure they don't charge a lot either. Knobody & Dahoud did a beat and I got no idea who that is; no way they charge much. Ice Cube probably wasn't paid (favor for a favor as Game was on Cube album). No diss, but I doubt Raekwon charges that much. Bilal, Chrisette Michelle, Raheem Devaughn, Latoiya Williams are probably all relatively cheap themselves. The rest (Nas, wayne, Common, Kanye, Luda, Nottz, Storch, Rotem, Ne-Yo i'm sure we're paid quite a bit).

50 had Akon, Dre, Timberlake, Timbaland, Robin Thicke, Eminem, Nicole Scherzinger and Mary J Blige which i'm sure all got paid a lot. Not to mention the SIX high budget videos he put out on BET/MTV.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
LOL u act like everyone on the game album was HUGE names production wise. Ervin "EP" Pope did 4 beats and those probably all came at a very low price. Jelly Roll did one beat and i'm sure he's not that expensive either. 1500 Or Nothin' did 2 beats and i'm sure they don't charge a lot either. Knobody & Dahoud did a beat and I got no idea who that is; no way they charge much. Ice Cube probably wasn't paid (favor for a favor as Game was on Cube album). No diss, but I doubt Raekwon charges that much. Bilal, Chrisette Michelle, Raheem Devaughn, Latoiya Williams are probably all relatively cheap themselves. The rest (Nas, wayne, Common, Kanye, Luda, Nottz, Storch, Rotem, Ne-Yo i'm sure we're paid quite a bit).

50 had Akon, Dre, Timberlake, Timbaland, Robin Thicke, Eminem, Nicole Scherzinger and Mary J Blige which i'm sure all got paid a lot. Not to mention the SIX high budget videos he put out on BET/MTV.

Knobody produced the following singles:

1995: "Funky Piano" (E. Bros.) New Jersey Drive Soundtrack
1996: "Can't Knock the Hustle" (Jay-Z f/Mary J. Blige)
1998: "Still Not a Player" (Big Pun f/Joe)
1998: "Movin' Out" (Mya f/Reakwon & Noreaga)
2002: "I've Been High" (R.E.M.)
2004: "Locked Up (Remix)" (Akon f/Styles P)
2004: "Coo Coo Chee" (Ric-A-Che)
2006: "Feels So Good" (Remy Ma f/Ne-Yo)
2006: "Wanna Be" (The Fugees)
2008: "Game's Pain" (The Game] f/Keyshia Cole)

EFFeX

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2008, 06:21:56 PM »
LOL @ People blaming Geffen for the fact Game didn't do huge numbers when half the people in this thread downloaded the album and didn't cop it.

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »

Knobody produced the following singles:

1995: "Funky Piano" (E. Bros.) New Jersey Drive Soundtrack
1996: "Can't Knock the Hustle" (Jay-Z f/Mary J. Blige)
1998: "Still Not a Player" (Big Pun f/Joe)
1998: "Movin' Out" (Mya f/Reakwon & Noreaga)
2002: "I've Been High" (R.E.M.)
2004: "Locked Up (Remix)" (Akon f/Styles P)
2004: "Coo Coo Chee" (Ric-A-Che)
2006: "Feels So Good" (Remy Ma f/Ne-Yo)
2006: "Wanna Be" (The Fugees)
2008: "Game's Pain" (The Game] f/Keyshia Cole)
props for the info but doubt dudes charges a lot for a beat

PLAYA510

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
this is a big time flop for him. All i know is he will be lucky to sell 100,000 this week so yall do the math.

KDE

• Lil Geezy
  • The Next to Blow
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2008, 10:38:12 PM »
this is a big time flop for him. All i know is he will be lucky to sell 100,000 this week so yall do the math.
Not as big a flop as G-Unit or Curtis.
myspace.com/kdewolf

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2008, 12:02:07 AM »
This wasnt no flop, it was weaker then expected but still decent. I thought he would do 300-400k first week. But this aint bad either, def not a flop!!!

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 12:19:32 AM »
That means Game is the second best rap seller this year right?

1) Lil Wayne - A Milli
2) The Game - 222k
3) Plies - 210k

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 12:20:47 AM »
All this talk about the sales and flops, and for what? Oh yeah, a little healthy arguing.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 01:49:36 AM »

Yep it's sad how the internet and downloading for free has ruined music sales. . .
lol if you really think that album sales dropped purely due to downloading then you're being ignorant  :P

Well, he's gonna release a new album in the 4th quarter anyways, we'll see how that turns out  :)
where did you get that from? not from 50 cent himself right?  :P

Cube_

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008, 03:10:34 AM »
THE NIGGA FLOPPED ,MAYBE IF HE HAD 75 GUESTS HE WOULD HAVE SOLD A MILL FIRST WEEK

BUT I MUST SAY THIS IS A MAJOR FLOP AND AFTER LISTENING TO THE ALBUM I SEE WHY IT FLOPPED ,ITS TRASH