Author Topic: This sampling shit in hi hop has gone too far (Angle prod. by Kanye West)  (Read 1122 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: This sampling shit in hi hop has gone too far (Angle prod. by Kanye West)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
but the thing is, Kanye going to get 100% of the credit for that beat

when I first heard the Angel track, I was like "Damn, this shit is dope as fukk  8)", but how many people are really going to take it a step further and check for the sample
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
I think that finding an unkown song and turning it into a hit, deserves some credit. For example, I've always liked the Doors' "Five to One" before Kanye did "Takeover". I never would have thought that it would one day be sampled for a rap song. But, Kanye recognized the potential, and used it, where other producers might not have. Oh and by the way, EPMD's "You Gots to Chill" is a fuckin classic track in the truest essence of the word, and that was nothing more than a slowed down loop with some scratching.
My Future Wife:

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:06:44 PM »
Congruent angles

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
my girl calls him a sampling fuck.. with 0% tallent

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 10:01:23 PM »
Nigga did nothing creatively just slapped his name on someone's creative work and called it a day

That's why he's a genius. To get so much praise with so little talent is an art and Kanye has mastered it.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
Nigga did nothing creatively just slapped his name on someone's creative work and called it a day

That's why he's a genius. To get so much praise with so little talent is an art and Kanye has mastered it.

LMAO
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:18 PM »
That Daft Punk robbery..i mean..sample was over the top because of the credit dude gets.  Shit, I think I'm going to start making music.

Coming September 22, 2008, if you liked Dr. Dre's classic Chronic 2001, then you'll love Its Adam Not Pacman's debut album "Chronic 2001" (cause it's exactly the same, yes exactly the same).  Go get it!!
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 03:59:11 PM »
That Daft Punk robbery..i mean..sample was over the top because of the credit dude gets.

That's a sample of a sample. Edwin Birdsong - "Cola Bottle Baby" is the original track.

Chief

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 03:21:43 AM »
dude who gives a fuck??? seriously man, he sampled an old assed track which was dope, we wouldnt otherwise hear the shit... it also adds a modern spin on it...

if anyone can do it, why dont they? he's still a producer... for fucks sake some peeps are narrow minded!!!

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 05:07:58 AM »
the worst sample (best in a way of course) was either Gz N Hustlaz or Nuthin But A G Thang

Chief

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 06:06:54 AM »
what about california love? changes? tonight? man so much shit gets sampled where it hasnt changed much, it brings back the old songs and lets us enjoy them again!!!

yeah its good to hear FRESH shit which is really made from scratch, but some of that old music is timeless and sounds better when sampled!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 06:42:14 AM »
what about california love? changes? tonight? man so much shit gets sampled where it hasnt changed much, it brings back the old songs and lets us enjoy them again!!!

yeah its good to hear FRESH shit which is really made from scratch, but some of that old music is timeless and sounds better when sampled!!!

The point is not whether it's cool that people get to hear old songs they never would have heard. Kanye could just release compilations like "Kanye Presents Gems of the 70s". The point is who gets the credit for being creative. Kanye was once on Much Music here in Toronto and was complaining about how Good Charlotte "stole" Jay Z's "this is the anthem get your damn hands up" line for their hit of the time. At that moment I really wanted a brick to come flying into his head.

Imagine if The Jonas Brothers sang the lyrics of an Illmatic song over a new track of original music and got praised for being a skilled rhymer and great lyricist with no credit going to Nas. Would you be defending it by saying "well a lot of 13 year old girls now get to hear Nas's old classic"?

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
HOW ABOUT THIS... CAN YOU DO IT???

SAMPLE A RECORD.. ANY RECORD, AND MAKE AN INSTRUMENTAL WITH HIP HOP DRUMS AS DOPE AS KANYE DOES IT...

IF YOU CANT DO IT ... STFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE THANKS.

Chief

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 12:39:46 PM »

The point is not whether it's cool that people get to hear old songs they never would have heard. Kanye could just release compilations like "Kanye Presents Gems of the 70s". The point is who gets the credit for being creative. Kanye was once on Much Music here in Toronto and was complaining about how Good Charlotte "stole" Jay Z's "this is the anthem get your damn hands up" line for their hit of the time. At that moment I really wanted a brick to come flying into his head.

Imagine if The Jonas Brothers sang the lyrics of an Illmatic song over a new track of original music and got praised for being a skilled rhymer and great lyricist with no credit going to Nas. Would you be defending it by saying "well a lot of 13 year old girls now get to hear Nas's old classic"?

dude, you missed the point. the fact is that it doesnt matter who created it, its who brought it back sounding fresh. because if you re-released that old shit, it wouldn't be good. the fact of the matter is ANYONE could sample it, but kanye does it often and hits it big. if its so easy to do go and sample an old school track and get radio play. i challenge you to it.

and its pretty obvious kanye is an arrogant fuck, but i dont know why people allow personality to get in the way of how music makes you feel.

bottom line is you're all hating and letting bullshit cloud your judgement.

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2008, 12:54:25 PM »
hip hop IS sampling, where you niggers been?

and ya don't stop