Author Topic: After hearing this album I am strongly convinced of who is the best on the WEST  (Read 2466 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
I see, so it was innovative because he was bringing the south sound to the west?  So you still bump that album on a fairly regular basis?  What are some dope tracks from that album?

Also, so you feel Daz is the best because he doesn't drop mixtapes, only albums?  Or is it the quality of his songs that you like?  I haven't heard you talk about any songs in particular that make you feel he is the best.  Can you give us, say, your top 10 or 20 Daz songs from these last few years?

DazDilly

I don't listen to Gangsta Crunk on a fairly regular basis but I might throw it in once and awhile. You hit the nail on the head because these other rappers were scared to do something different, but Daz was the first one to really experiment with it and have a Cali-Crunk sound, and now you see these other rappers trying to copy that swag.

When I get an opprotunity I'll have to post some of my favorite tracks ever by Daz.

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
. Why do you think Daz only drops great albums every year or so, and no mixtapes?

Daz Dillinger - $200
_________ - $0

Next...

Daz has dropped mixtapes with DJ Whoo Kid in the past and is about to drop 1 with DJ Drama, so why does he drop mixtapes?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So what Daz albums do you bump on a regular basis?  I'm trying to figure out why you think Daz is the best on the west.  He was great, he's now average at best.  I've bought a lot of his newer albums, mainly due to the Soopafly guest spots, and I enjoy only a couple of the songs on his newer albums.  I find myself liking about 3 or 4 songs on each of his albums.  But the majority of his songs these days don't have that westcoast feel anymore.  Some do, most don't.  

Me being a Soopafly fan, when called out, I can call out about 20 or 30 great Soopafly songs at any time.  You can't even give me 20 great Daz songs without having to get back to me later.  I'm not hating or anything, I would just like to know what songs you are using as your reference points.  Maybe I have overlooked them.  Many of Daz's tracks feel rushed and uninspired to me.  I think he released 4 or 5 albums last year.  And he releases multiple albums on a yearly basis.  Flooding the market with songs does not equal success.  True, it makes it easy to find 20 good songs when there are 300 songs out there, but percentage-wise, that's not very good.  Daz has released a lot of garbage tracks the last few years too.  He's not as consistant as other west coast rappers in my humble view.

DazDilly

My thang is this, when Daz drops a new album every time and it's really that good, you best believe I will listen to it on a daily basis for just about the remainder of the year or even longer. I have listened to Only On The Leftside everyday since it dropped, and every single track on it is pure perfection. It all sounds just as fresh and new everytime that I hear it. My personal favorites on that album are... well, literally the entire CD. Lyrics, flow, delivery, punchlines, tone, mood, energy, are all up... and on top of that, the production, mixing, and mastering are just utterly impeccable, and it is truly the work of a pure genius.

The same goes with Gangsta Party, when that hit stores, I bumped it all winter and pretty much most of the songs on it until Only On The Leftside. The reason I love that album is because there is unity from all over, and in particular the Bay Area. The production was very consistant and had a very thorogh sound. I loved "Gettin' Money" the most out of all the beautifully constructed tracks on that disc.

I don't have time to sit here and list out every single track from every album Daz has dropped, because as everybody knows he has quite a grocery list of a catalog, so on a rainy day I will have to do something similar to that you did with Soopafly, because I skimmed through your posts and saw what you were referring to, except I will not go as far to do 100+ songs *lolol*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:17:39 AM by DazDilly »

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
comedy thread?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
My thang is this, when Daz drops a new album every time and it's really that good, you best believe I will listen to it on a daily basis for just about the remainder of the year or even longer. I have listened to Only On The Leftside everyday since it dropped, and every single track on it is pure perfection. It all sounds just as fresh and new everytime that I hear it. My personal favorites on that album are... well, literally the entire CD. Lyrics, flow, delivery, punchlines, tone, mood, energy, are all up... and on top of that, the production, mixing, and mastering are just utterly impeccable, and it is truly the work of a pure genius.

The same goes with Gangsta Party, when that hit stores, I bumped it all winter and pretty much most of the songs on it until Only On The Leftside. The reason I love that album is because there is unity from all over, and in particular the Bay Area. The production was very consistant and had a very thorogh sound. I loved "Gettin' Money" the most out of all the beautifully constructed tracks on that disc.

I don't have time to sit here and list out every single track from every album Daz has dropped, because as everybody knows he has quite a grocery list of a catalog, so on a rainy day I will have to do something similar to that you did with Soopafly, because I skimmed through your posts and saw what you were referring to, except I will not go as far to do 100+ songs *lolol*

Gettin Money is a great song, no doubt.  That's pure westcoast music right there.  But, you can honestly tell me you like every single song from Only on the Leftside and Gangsta Party?  There isn't one filler track or one track that you don't feel as much as the other ones?  Some of his later songs that i've been feeling have been "Gotta Hustle It Up, Gettin Money, Caught Up In The Game, and Boyz In The Hood (w/Nate Dogg).  And you've been listening to nothing to but these 2 albums since last winter, and will continue to do so until the end of the year?  Yet you can't even drop a little 2 sentence review of each song on there.  You should have them all memorized by now. 

kuruptDPG

I am honestly not gonna sit back and listen to everyone complain about Daz releases.
u ppl should know not to get hyped about his releases in the first place.
Daz lost it years ago a little after the Dogg Pound Gangsta LP.

i would the last best albums of daz were

"This Is The Life I Lead" and "I Got Love From The Streetz" which were both dropped in 2002 and produced entirely by Daz.

kuruptDPG

I am honestly not gonna sit back and listen to everyone complain about Daz releases.
u ppl should know not to get hyped about his releases in the first place.
Daz lost it years ago a little after the Dogg Pound Gangsta LP.

i would the last best albums of daz were

"This Is The Life I Lead" and "I Got Love From The Streetz" which were both dropped in 2002 and produced entirely by Daz.

"This Is The Life I Lead" was ALRIGHT. it was the last release of vintage Daz tho.
"I Got Love In These Streetz" was awful. I wasn't feeling that album at all.

what r ur favorite tracks from that?

mines wer (ive got an lp version with more tracks, not the ep):

I Got Love In These Streetz
It Feels Good 2 Be From Tha Westcoast
Tha Life Of A Playa
If U Want 2 Fuck Wit Me
My System (Tha Remix)
It's Just Tha Way U Move
Shake The Booty
Shoot Em Up
I'ma Get Mine Anyway

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I just wish Daz would stop trying to do so much of the south sound.   We got enough of that.

DJ-AGE™

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • THE MIXTAPE KING!
R.A.W. & Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back= Daz's best solo efforts

Yes. And not to forget DPGC: U Know What I'm Throwin' Up. That was his last good record.
AGREE

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!

Gangsta Party was pretty weak but from what I have peeped so far of Left Side it is WAY Better.

Forget the party shit. Keep that shit gangsta DAZ!

Big Props to my Nigga DAZ for all the great music he has created in his 15+ year Career.

Keep Reppin that West Coast Gangsta Shit Homies!

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

ZeroCoolio

by the way: please tell me, what's the best & classic DAZ album? I don't listen him so much, but want to buy some hot sh!t now

BQ

• Lil Geezy
it was decent...good beats

kuruptDPG

by the way: please tell me, what's the best & classic DAZ album? I don't listen him so much, but want to buy some hot sh!t now

Buy Retaliation, Revenge & Get Back 1st then buy R.A.W.