Author Topic: After hearing this album I am strongly convinced of who is the best on the WEST  (Read 2469 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Post reviews of every track Daz has made.  Prove to us you've listened to every song Daz has ever made and that is what convinced you that he is the best.

DazDilly

I don't have that much time *lol* but I can do a track by track review of maybe Only On The Leftside.

To be honest I can't say that I have heard EVERY song that Daz has ever recorded, there is un-released material and features. I also do not listen to EVERY album that frequently as I do with Only On The Leftside, Gangsta Party, and So So Gangsta.

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
Sorry but Young Maylay is not a legit contender in this, he does not have any solo album, only a mixtape, so it's almost like he is nothing kind of.

Daz Dillinger - $100
_________ - $0

Next...

But his mixtape is better than Daz's album doesn't that tell you something

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
I also do not listen to EVERY album that frequently as I do with Only On The Leftside, Gangsta Party, and So So Gangsta.
And you still think why people don't take you seriously?

Old Daz features on Kurupts solo albums are better than these new albums.

DazDilly

There is no mixtape that is better than any album. Mixtapes don't count for anything on an artist's resume. Next...

And yes Daz did murder those guest spots on Kurupt's albums, he outshined him most of the time. Especially 2000 and on.

Okka

Yes. And not to forget DPGC: U Know What I'm Throwin' Up. That was his last good record.

"Only On The Left Side" is a good album, "So So Gangsta" is great too

DazDilly

Thank you, somebody has some sense in here.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
And yes Daz did murder those guest spots on Kurupt's albums, he outshined him most of the time. Especially 2000 and on.
What?  ::)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
To be honest I can't say that I have heard EVERY song that Daz has ever recorded, there is un-released material and features. I also do not listen to EVERY album that frequently as I do with Only On The Leftside, Gangsta Party, and So So Gangsta.

So when you say you think Daz is the best, you are only referring to these last couple albums, because, as you admitted, you have not heard much of Daz's early stuff, other than an occasional listen of one of his older albums?  As you know, Daz's style has changed greatly since 95, so you are a fan of Daz's newer style from the last couple years, rather then his style from the mid/late 90's?

woods

• Muthafuckin' OG
There is no mixtape that is better than any album. Mixtapes don't count for anything on an artist's resume. Next...

If mixtapes don't count for anything why do artist bother to put them out

DazDilly

I have heard ALL of Daz's solo efforts, more than once for the record, but as of late I have been listening to more of his newer stuff, and my point is that these other artists on the West, their new shit all sucks. But not Daz though. That's why I praise his new material more so than old, people are stuck in the past and then find themselves over-rating older albums, and not appreciating what great music they sleep on in the new era. Mixtapes are put out by artists who have nothing better to do with their time and they need to rely on them because they can't stay relevant with a quality album. Why do you think Daz only drops great albums every year or so, and no mixtapes?

Daz Dillinger - $200
_________ - $0

Next...

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
i liked the album its not his best, but it aint his worse some very nice tracks on it, it was just a pitty half of them had leaked ages ago

DazDilly

And for those who are misunderstanding me, Daz is not the best rapper ever or of all time. Of course, just in the last few years. Especially on the West Coast.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
So did you feel Daz's album Gangsta Crunk was a good westcoast classic album?

DazDilly

Classic, no not in a million years. Dope and innovative? Very.