Author Topic: Plz tell me this is a joke>>IOC TO BAN JAMAICAN FOODS FROM FUTURE OLYMPICS!!  (Read 227 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
http://www.mediatakeout.com/users/Nitty/44191/ioc_to_ban_jamaican_foods_from_future_olympics

IOC TO BAN JAMAICAN FOODS FROM FUTURE OLYMPICS!!

August 22, 2008. OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

In a joint statement issued by the presidents of the World Anti-Doping Agency, International

Olympic Committee (IOC), and the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the

following foods have been placed on the list of banned substances issued by WADA: yam, green

bananas, cocoa, dasheen, breadfruit, ackee and saltfish, mackeral run down, turned

cornmeal, Jerked pork and chicken, escovietched fish Malta, Supligen, Milo (said to be the

food drink of Champions), Horlicks and coconut oil. Jamaicans seem to become extremely

athletic on diets with these foods. Coming out of WADA labs, one of the major banned

substances from Jamaica is the Cassava root, a high fibre, high starch tuber root eaten in

Jamaica. It has properties which are said to enhance endurance and cause muscle fibres to twitch

faster. This comes after extensive study of the diets of the Jamaican athletes which took part in

the Beijing 2008 Olympic games. Though natural foods it is felt by WADA that these foods

because of their unique properties give Jamaican athletes an unfair advantage. High

concentrations of carbohydrates and other naturally occurring substances are said to be

mimicking the effects of Performance Enhancing Drugs (PEDs). Some foods have been noted to

in particular cause an unusual increase in the male hormone testosterone. As such WADA has

seen it fit to add these foods to the list of banned substances. Given the sensitivity of this issue,

Jamaican athletes participating in the current Olympic games underway in Beijing have not been

banned but must submit to these new restrictions within the next two years. Two substances

which have been discovered in testing of the Jamaican foods are “yamstenine”, a yam derivative

and “cocosterone”, a derivative of the coco plant. These substances have been found to mimic

nandrolone and the blood booster EPO, hence the preliminary banning of the substances

themselves and the banning of the foods they derive from.

This ruling will also affect other Caribbean and some African countries which share similar diets

as Jamaicans.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sigh  ::)

People looking for a loophole in the system. Better yet, poking holes in the system. Why not encourage every athlete to eat those foods and make the competitions that much better and exciting to watch? It's food for fuck sakes.

J Bananas

I gotta jones for some Jamaican food now.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Is this shit real?
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
i think it's a joke some real Jamaicans put out in response to the over questioning/test of them for performance enhancers

if it's real that's just racist as hell I'd say

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol there's no way this is real. come on now you weirdos, banning fuckin jerk chicken? i guess fried chicken is also a performance enhancing supplement too, right? lol some people will believe anything if its in news article form.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
^lol i know at first when i read it before i even posted it here i just seen it up in one of my jamican homies status message and i was like are u serious wtf lol