Author Topic: [News] Crooked I signs digital distribution deal with INgrooves  (Read 2157 times)

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: [News] Crooked I signs digital distribution deal with INgrooves
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 12:43:24 PM »
Online distribution is what matters now. Not too sure about music, as I work in the hospitality industry. But best believe this is what matters the most for a lot of companies as far as marketing opportunities and gaining new market shares. I know what I'm talking about.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 12:43:33 PM »
I can't believe the hate and closed mindedness in this thread. Crook built his career on the digital era, isn't it only logical that he takes the next step into this direction.

IMO, the Crooked I brand began with Death Row. If it wasn't for Death Row, who knows how it might've played out for him. The controversy surrounding Death Row gave him some exposure, albeit minimal, but still it introduced him to the greater hip hop community.

On the other hand, his recent digital aspirations with hip hop weekly and whatnot is more or less a resurrection from his Death Row days. He might be a little more visual now because of that weekly thing, but not by much. There are still a ton of people who don't know who Crooked I is, and that's a PR issue.

Lastly, I know there are a few people who like to "hate" on Crooked I just to stir up shit with the "Stans". But you gotta look at it from a realistic perspective and accept that people are tired by now. We've waited too long for an album, so it's only natural that people here are gonna have some negative, off-the-cuff remarks surrounding news like this. Put it this way, even if and when Crooked I does give a definite release date for the Boss album, you should expect that there will be more cynics bashing the thread until the day it is officially released. Then there will be critics of the album that'll say it wasn't a very good album for having to wait 10 years for. So either way, it's gonna be a rough ride for Crooked I "Stans" when it comes to trying to garner support for the nigga.

I'm a fan of Crooked I, but I also understand the frustration that a lot of people here have with him, and I agree with them. However, I'm not a hater. I usually laugh off news like this, because it seems to be a cycle with him. In other words, he's hitting par for the course. Until he releases an actual album, then this is just typical news that shows no real progress.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »
its no so much hate as in crooked is wack or anything like that, its the fact that:
-been in the game for years, goin on deacades
-one of the best lyrical rappers out (to bless a mic)

and in result, nothin!
nothin, not a damn fuckin album
promises, but nothin!

I can't believe the hate and closed mindedness in this thread. Crook built his career on the digital era, isn't it only logical that he takes the next step into this direction.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Kilo2

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
yes sir we get it iN!

ingrooves was the best option, thats who distros all my companys shit so it was a no brainer to link them with crook especially after GMG offered such a shitty deal

GMG offered a great deal, but there is no way they are going to supply Crooked I with 250 K. He isn't worth that much fat ass.

Dimos

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 01:52:28 PM »
yes sir we get it iN!

ingrooves was the best option, thats who distros all my companys shit so it was a no brainer to link them with crook especially after GMG offered such a shitty deal

GMG offered a great deal, but there is no way they are going to supply Crooked I with 250 K. He isn't worth that much fat ass.

Is that what he asked them for?

Kilo2

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 01:54:51 PM »
yes sir we get it iN!

Yeah, apparently so just for the bonus.

Kilo2

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
yes sir we get it iN!

Yeah, apparently so just for the bonus.

I mean Crooked I is a great MC, don't get me wrong. However, until he drops an album and goes at least gold he ain't worth a 250 K signing bonus.

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »
i was waiting on a crooked album around the time tha streets is a mutha came out...
now honestly i could care less!

Shonuff

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 03:41:11 PM »
kilos faggot ass is lying to yall.. gmg didnt offer ANY advance thats the reason crooked didnt wanna take the deal, same reason kurupt said no and eastwood.. Im the one kilo came running to to get these dudes down with GMG, when i spoke to roland at GMG he was not willing to give ANY ADVANCE so all three people declined the deal.... kilos getting mad because he has no connections and thought being associated with GMG would give him internet fame status

lol silly faggot get a life

as for Ingrooves they provide more then "cdbaby" they offer marketing, promotions and much more. people need to understand that digital is the new era of music buying, theres a reason itunes was ranked #1 music retail store last year (over walmart and fye)... that means more people buy music off itunes then they do going into a real cd store

as for crooks new shit coming out on cd Im not sure, ingrooves doesnt do physical cd distribution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 03:44:47 PM »
fuck, fuck tha industry!!
when the fuck is his damn album droppin?
"get off the.... damn internet and drop a album!

kilos faggot ass is lying to yall.. gmg didnt offer ANY advance thats the reason crooked didnt wanna take the deal, same reason kurupt said no and eastwood.. Im the one kilo came running to to get these dudes down with GMG, when i spoke to roland at GMG he was not willing to give ANY ADVANCE so all three people declined the deal.... kilos getting mad because he has no connections and thought being associated with GMG would give him internet fame status

lol silly faggot get a life

as for Ingrooves they provide more then "cdbaby" they offer marketing, promotions and much more. people need to understand that digital is the new era of music buying, theres a reason itunes was ranked #1 music retail store last year (over walmart and fye)... that means more people buy music off itunes then they do going into a real cd store

as for crooks new shit coming out on cd Im not sure, ingrooves doesnt do physical cd distribution

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 03:55:41 PM »

Thanks for the info.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 03:59:33 PM »
Since Dream Big is like 4 months old now, Crooked should start thinking about dropping a 2nd single in conjunction with this new digital deal and then seriously consider a release date by the end of the year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
yeah I mean damn he has to top
str8 bosses
nwa
and a close banger boom boom clap

damn if he doesnt drop that typa heat its all bad for him

they are
street bangers
club bangers (boom boom clap for the ladies damn)
lyrical

I mean hes done it before, can he do it again?

and IMO, the one wit akon was cool but nuthin special and a waste of money for that akon hook when he could have got say a cube feature on a this is los angeles banger!

Since Dream Big is like 4 months old now, Crooked should start thinking about dropping a 2nd single in conjunction with this new digital deal and then seriously consider a release date by the end of the year.
Cube

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 04:12:55 PM »
How old is Str8 Bosses?

The reason I ask is because a lot of people don't know that Nas's debut album Illmatic was released in 1994. Yet he recorded and released the single Halftime in 1992 for a movie soundtrack called Zebrahead. So the single itself was already 2 years old, but he still put it on the Illmatic album. He also shot a video for it.

So if people here on the West were really feeling that joint, then Crooked oughta seriously consider releasing it as one of the singles from the Boss album.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »
its old dont know how old exactly ( a year maybe) but regardless its bangin where as dream big isnt as dope as str8 bosses
or nwa for that matter

them two traccs are fire
dream big is album material but not bangin for a single IMO
it doesnt have that push, that energy, that crazy amp to it
so hell yeah he should drop that as a single
or if he can make something as dope as that drop that second and the newer one first!

but fuck he  needs to get his bidness right and do this for real, for the west, for whatever, jus do it!

How old is Str8 Bosses?

The reason I ask is because a lot of people don't know that Nas's debut album Illmatic was released in 1994. Yet he recorded and released the single Halftime in 1992 for a movie soundtrack called Zebrahead. So the single itself was already 2 years old, but he still put it on the Illmatic album. He also shot a video for it.

So if people here on the West were really feeling that joint, then Crooked oughta seriously consider releasing it as one of the singles from the Boss album.
Cube