Author Topic: 50 Cent promises to reinvent the hip-hop wheel on new album  (Read 703 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: 50 Cent promises to reinvent the hip-hop wheel on new album
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
Who knows, maybe it will be good. Timbaland's shock value, where he tried to create a new sound, was creative, but wasn't amazing. Sucks when rappers just try to recreate the past.

Props for that video, that middle beat was tight. "Straight from the Bank" was an amazing beat from Fyffe.

The whole fuck 50, fuck Game, is really played out to the point it's destroying hip hop. Groupies killing the business. Game fans won't buy 50's, 50's won't buy Game, and it's killing the sales of two of the biggest names. Shouldn't matter who it is, as long as the music is good. Curtis wasn't good, but maybe 50 learned his lesson. And TOS isn't as bad as people think it was.

Look at Wayne for example. 1 million in one week. Now every single new rapper is going to copy his formula. Rappers are just following the sales these days, instead of trying to make original music. If it worked for Wayne, why not ____. Hip Hop is going to be stuck in a huge hole mainstream because of this for a few years.
That's what it should be about, the music being good.  I liked both Biggie & Tupac, have cd's of both artists.  But I won't buy 50's.  50 talked too much after the split with game.  And i'm not a groupie of anyone.  The formula everyone copies now is to have Wayne, T-Pain, & Akon on nearly all their songs.  But some people know if you're different, you won't sell or be recognized.  Which is a major problem.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
LMAO @ 50, nigga will drop the same tired cliche shit like he always does

and Meho will suck that niggas dick again when the album drops
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
Instead of "reinventing the wheel", he should just go back to his old style. It's his last album, he's already insanely rich. Put out some good music now.

22 Twoz

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »
Who knows, maybe it will be good. Timbaland's shock value, where he tried to create a new sound, was creative, but wasn't amazing. Sucks when rappers just try to recreate the past.

Props for that video, that middle beat was tight. "Straight from the Bank" was an amazing beat from Fyffe.

The whole fuck 50, fuck Game, is really played out to the point it's destroying hip hop. Groupies killing the business. Game fans won't buy 50's, 50's won't buy Game, and it's killing the sales of two of the biggest names. Shouldn't matter who it is, as long as the music is good. Curtis wasn't good, but maybe 50 learned his lesson. And TOS isn't as bad as people think it was.

Look at Wayne for example. 1 million in one week. Now every single new rapper is going to copy his formula. Rappers are just following the sales these days, instead of trying to make original music. If it worked for Wayne, why not ____. Hip Hop is going to be stuck in a huge hole mainstream because of this for a few years.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW IT DOESNT MATTER RIGHT? BUT JUST 2 DAYS AGO U STILL TALKIN SHIT ABOUT GAME..BUT NOOOOW WHEN ITS ABOUT 50 ITS "PLAYED OUT"?? HHAHAHA I TOLD YOU NIGGAZ..THIS FOOL IS A 50 STAN.

HAHA GO CHOKE ON A DICK
"Hi Travy"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW IT DOESNT MATTER RIGHT? BUT JUST 2 DAYS AGO U STILL TALKIN SHIT ABOUT GAME..BUT NOOOOW WHEN ITS ABOUT 50 ITS "PLAYED OUT"?? HHAHAHA I TOLD YOU NIGGAZ..THIS FOOL IS A 50 STAN.

HAHA GO CHOKE ON A DICK

I just post that shit cause I think Game fans are incredibly stupid (just proven by yourself). It's hypocritical, when you morons dick ride game and spam 20 topics a day about the same shit, and the second a 50 thread comes up, you call them stans.

OchoCinco

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »
I thought he was retiring??? didnt kanye outsell him????...this man lies so i cant take him serious on reinventing hiphop...unless he makes beat he aint reinventing shit

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »
Curtis had 3 great songs, others were average. Triple that and I'll listen to the album.

It's fiddys last album, he should make no pop songs.
Just take some insane club beats from Dre and leave it at that.
You can always hope but 50 Cent propably follows the same form...crappy songs with timberlake for the girls and 4-5 you can actually listen to without plugging your ears.

Those songs after the 4.05 mark would be good...those first ones don't like.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:21:04 PM by Booz »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 01:59:20 AM »
Either bring back the "Power of the Dollar" style he had or get some outside help to cook up a new sound. Otherwise he'll just copy Wayne's record and paste his lyrics about hoes and clubs over it.

It's sad really how little faith I have in 50 coming up with a dope record these days. Dude went from sugar to shit so fast it's amazing.

Chief

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 02:35:04 AM »
haha he'll probably just come out with the same shit as always...

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:35 AM »
the beats before the 4:05 mark sound fuckin' good.ones after that were nothing special tho.but 50 should use all of them
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

redspyda

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 03:32:26 AM »
First thing he eeds to do is stop the unecessary beef. and then stop singing on every song

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 03:43:37 AM »
Since record buyers made it clear that 50 Cent is no longer the most relevant artist  in hip-hop, he's decided to recreate the entire genre according to his needs. In an interview with Rolling Stone, 50 Cent that his new album would challenge what is thought of as hip-hop:

“Other rappers can take what I’ve done for the last five years and do their version of it and be successful with momentum. Meanwhile, I have to reinvent the wheel. I’m not really listening to anyone else’s record. Now I’m in another space where I gotta make what I’m excited about."

The new album should be out by the end of the year. This news comes just as Kanye West has announced that he'll releasing a new album in the same time frame. Could this be Graduation vs. Curtis, Round Two?

so 50 cent will release his own version of Detox?

lol
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 11:33:49 AM »
hope he comes gangsta wit it... fuck all this pop shit

Can I Live

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »

Aint this the same nigga that said that the track produced by Dre on Curtis sounded like In Da Club Pt. 2 :laugh:. The "kick em in, kick em out" track.
"Hi Travy"

Throwback: Power Rangers niggaz.

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 02:05:22 PM »
FUCK HIP HOP THESE DAYZ, ALL THESE SINGIN T-PAIN, AKON WANNA B RAPPERS...SELLIN OUT FOR THE DOLLAR