Author Topic: Anti-War cats: I'm with ya'll, but please stop saying...  (Read 185 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anti-War cats: I'm with ya'll, but please stop saying...
« on: September 13, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
I think I've seen my homies at the forum repeat some ridiculous arguements that are coming out of a desperate anti-war movement.  The intentions may be good behind these arguements, but they are false and often serve the agenda of the Bush plan without realizing it...

Anti-war movement says...

-They keep saying that America invading Afghanistan is "just what Bin Ladin (and the Taliban) wants".  That is ridiculous.  The Taliban in Afghanistan fought for years to drive out the Soviets, and they didn't do all that just so that they could have America come in and occupy their country.  Bin Ladin's whole stance was to remove America's occupation and subjagation of Muslim lands, and this is what the Taliban have been fighting for in Afganistan.  The anti-war movement wants to make it sound like Bush's war on terrorism is a failure, and that it is making this worse, so they use this arguement that is totally This is a stupid argument the anti-war movement needs to just give up. 

-That America's economy will crumble as a result of this war.  This may be true in some area's, as far as increased spending on the part of the government can lead to higher taxes, greater inflation, waste of resources, etc.  Yet, at the same time, America's control over Iraq's oil resources can also strengthen the American economy.  America will recieve oil at a discounted price from the region, and also can maintain the status quo by making sure most of the oil in the region continues to be traded in dollars.  Like the president in Iran, Saddaam was threatening to trade oil in Euro's which would of threatened the strength of the dollar.  Also, the Iraq war has opened up many business oppurtunities for American's in the region.  This has some trickle down effect on the American economy.

-That Al-Queda is supposedly "gaining strength" or "stronger than ever".   This is a stupid argument for the anti-war movement, because it plays directly into Bush's hands.  Have you not noticed that Bush has spent the last 7 years reminding us over and over, that America is under a great and imminent threat?  The Bush administration has used fear at every turn, as a tool to manipulate and control the masses.  The reality is that Iraq posed no real threat to America, even if they did have WMD they were totally incapable of doing any real damage to America.  In fact, none of these Muslim regions, Iran, Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and even Pakistan (even with it's nuclear weapons) pose any real threat to America.  America is gaurded by a great ocean, and two friendly nieghbors (Mexico and Canada).  The most that can happen are small acts of terrorism, which are certainly never enough to defeat another Nation.  Not to mention the acts of terrorism were uncommon, isolated events, and probably false-flag operations anyway.  So when the anti-war movement claims Al-Queda is "stronger than ever" this just gives neo-cons more ammo to go in and invade another Muslim region.   America is a trillion dollar military complex how can they ever truly be threatened by a group that operates on a budget that is lucky if they even have a million dollars.   
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Anti-War cats: I'm with ya'll, but please stop saying...
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:45:44 PM »
Never thought about it that way. But at the same time, the Iraq war has helped validate Bin Laden's arguement, and brought in heavy anti-American views. Obviously the war in Afghanistan did just what you said. No way is Al-Qaeda stronger, but they knew America would invade Afghanistan because of 9/11, and deemed it worth it. Not to mention the fact they inspired other Muslim's around the world to carry out their own attacks, like in London or Madrid.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:21:21 AM »
Never thought about it that way. But at the same time, the Iraq war has helped validate Bin Laden's arguement, and brought in heavy anti-American views. Obviously the war in Afghanistan did just what you said. No way is Al-Qaeda stronger, but they knew America would invade Afghanistan because of 9/11, and deemed it worth it. Not to mention the fact they inspired other Muslim's around the world to carry out their own attacks, like in London or Madrid.

I don't agree with your statement that they supposedly "knew America would invade Afghanistan because of 9-11".   First of all, I think 9-11 was a false flag operation.  But hypothetically, if Bin Ladin and Al-Queda supposedly did make the plans to attack America then they actually did it for the opposite reason, they wanted to punish America for meddling in the affairs of Muslims.  Thus, making them suffer consequences for past injustices against Muslims to discourage future involvement by America in the region.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 03:38:00 AM »

I don't agree with your statement that they supposedly "knew America would invade Afghanistan because of 9-11".   First of all, I think 9-11 was a false flag operation.  But hypothetically, if Bin Ladin and Al-Queda supposedly did make the plans to attack America then they actually did it for the opposite reason, they wanted to punish America for meddling in the affairs of Muslims.  Thus, making them suffer consequences for past injustices against Muslims to discourage future involvement by America in the region.

Pretty thin homey. You're an outsider to middle eastern culture, despite your religious preference. You should spend some time in the streets of Afghanistan and see if the general consensus is that of purposely bringing economic downfall and death to civilians just to keep "America" off of their back.  I'm sorry you had a shitty time growing up in the white Christian stronghold of the country, but you better learn to be more realistic and balanced before you continuously make ignorant statements like said above. 

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 06:03:42 AM »

Pretty thin homey. You're an outsider to middle eastern culture, despite your religious preference. You should spend some time in the streets of Afghanistan and see if the general consensus is that of purposely bringing economic downfall and death to civilians just to keep "America" off of their back.  I'm sorry you had a shitty time growing up in the white Christian stronghold of the country, but you better learn to be more realistic and balanced before you continuously make ignorant statements like said above. 

This has nothing to do with me or how I feel.  I am merely stating what the objectives were of Usama Bin Laden when he started his efforts against America around 1996, he stated very clearly his purpose was to remove America's military foothold in Muslim countries.  He stated in his 96 declaration (and on many occasions) that America's hegemony in the region had to end so that Muslims could work out their own problems amongst themselves independant of the U.S.

And do you really mean to tell me that the Afgans fought and died for 10 years during the 80's to remove the Soviets, and that now they want America in their country so they can do the same? 

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 06:21:15 AM by Infinite 5'9" »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »
America is SIGNIFICANTLY worse as a result of 9/11.  That is what Bin Laden wanted. 

When people say bin Laden wanted us there, you're taking it out of context.  Anyone over there who truly is a "terrorist" (hate that word btw) has a much easier time killing Americans over there than here.  I don't think anyone honestly believes that bin Laden wants increased US presence in the region, lol.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:12 PM »
First of all, I think 9-11 was a false flag operation.

Sure they wanted America out of Saudi Arabia, and punish them for their presence. But the way I see it, 9/11 was it. They planned for that one day, and knew the consequences, and deemed it worthy. 9/11 changed the world, a few dozen people completely changed the world, and America, for the worse. Sure they didn't achieve their goal of getting America out of Mecca, or wherever else, but I doubt they thought the attacks would lead to that anyways. Al Qaeda are smart, educated people. They knew they couldn't get America out by themselves, so by provoking the US with 9/11, they thought younger Muslims would be outraged, and fight for their cause against America. Which has worked, the insurgency in Iraq, bombing in London.

And do you really mean to tell me that the Afgans fought and died for 10 years during the 80's to remove the Soviets, and that now they want America in their country so they can do the same?

That's a good point, but maybe they thought the Taliban would put up more of a fight, like the insurgents in Iraq. Sure America occupies Afganistan, but they haven't really achieved anything. Osama is still out their, the opium supply is still high, and the country isn't secured. It's a calculated risk. One day America will have to leave, and when it does, it won't be that hard to take back what was theirs. 9/11 versus maybe 10 years of Afghanistan occupation?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:35:25 PM by The King »