Author Topic: Kanye West - Love Lockdown *Not Live*  (Read 2064 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Kanye West - Love Lockdown *Not Live*
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »
well...i still hate the song...but the chorus is stuck in my head after only like...two listens? (live and not live)....so i guess it did its job  :-\

"you lose..you lose"
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 11:01:34 AM »
Its an average song but it will probably grows on me if it gets lots of radio/video airplay

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 11:15:46 AM »
I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.

The live performance sure had more energy to it, the song sounded better then.

The instrumental is pretty cool, I guess, but it could benefit from some drums throughout, not just on the chorus.

Usually I hate autotune as much as the next guy, but I think it helps this song, actually. But only because of the real problem in the song:

Kanye isn't a singer. His voice just can't carry stuff like this. I think without autotune this song would be worse off, simply 'cause Kanye's voice alone can't deliver melodic singing. It's painfully obvious during the chorus. Though I gotta say that somebody else, who can really sing (and doesn't need autotune to have color in his/her singing voice), would've made a hit out of this I think.

So I guess that as it is, I hate it. But change the singer, remove the autotune and leave everything else as it is - I'd really like to hear the results of that, actually.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »
is this only "good" cuz its Kanye? i mean if anyone else did this, EVERYONE would say it sucks.

EXACTLY my dude. Thats how Hip-Hop fans work nowadays overall.

what you need to get passed is the fact some people on this forum listen to a variety of music... not just rap.

if it was a new upcoming dude, and you liked it thats one thing...but when Kanye says, im droppin an album, i expect a good/great rap cd. i don't want one of the FEW great mainstream artists to pump out some strange non-Kanye style (we know) music. i wanna hear something better than "Graduation", and him singing might be a classic blues album or WHATEVER this is lol, but it isnt rap...not what Kanye should be doing... :-\

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 02:54:18 PM »
Kanye one my favorites......but this shit sucks......but don't trip because the album still gonna be heatrock

my guess is the album will have a similar feel to it as this track... kanye is good at sticking to a theme in his music... i hope he raps over a LOT OF songs, but i guess we'll see how it goes!

if this is the only song he autotunes/sings on, thats cool...but a whole album of this is not good.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
i really can't get into this song, and it's got nothing to do with it being Kanye, i thought his last album was great, but this is sounding terrible atm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 12:42:39 AM »
It's not as bad as people make it out to be. This is better than a lot of the other garbage out there.. like "Whatever You Like", "Crank Dat", etc

But it's still trash..

Don't be a fiend, and fall for this bullshit cuz u got nothing else.

wcsoldier

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2008, 07:25:19 AM »
LOL at that wack shit ... when rappers are going to realize they can't sing ... Kanye should go back to that soulful vibe coz that's the only thing he can do ... for the 10 000 times I repeat : innovation isn't always a good thing

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2008, 07:56:22 AM »
lol, this shit sucks.  I haven't really been feeling Kanye for a minute - each album has gotten progressively worse.  Go back to straight hip hop, this electronica shit ain't workin bruh.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2008, 08:07:21 AM »
live version had so much more emotion to it especially in the chorus...the songs aii but it def culd be a grower

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2008, 09:00:19 AM »
live version had so much more emotion to it especially in the chorus...the songs aii but it def culd be a grower

i dont know if ill ever listen to it again for it to grow lol...but ill make an attempt. ;D

question....does anybody know when the next song is suppose to drop?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:11:51 AM by Chamillitary Click »

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2008, 09:22:10 AM »

i dont know if ill ever listen to it again for it to grow lol...but ill make an attempt. ;D

the next song lol....this song just came out

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2008, 09:29:10 AM »

the next song lol....this song just came out

how long do you want me to listen to this repetitive ass song? lol.

i mean when Jockin Jay-Z came out, yall already knew the next single's title. dont know if you said the date...

anyway point is...is there any information on the next Kanye single?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2008, 10:20:17 PM »
songs growing... :-\

i cant help it lol.