Author Topic: RUMOR: bishop lamont has been dropped?  (Read 2285 times)

K-9

Re: RUMOR: bishop lamont has been dropped?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

who cares.

30-31 years old.

think he's the best rapper the world has seen.

think he's so good at everything while everybody else is wack.

not really good lyrical, def not bad, but not as good as people make his lyrics out to be here. just cuz u dont rap about gangsta shit does not mean u're lyrically talented.
he has a very very good flow though, decent word play and shit like that.

Jay Rock > Bishop

So Parallel

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »
i dont know if its real i am just lettin it be known what i know... the people that told me are very solid on what they say normally as they have said other things that have happen ... but like i said nothing is official until aftermaht/interscope or Bishop Lamont say its true

SOE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 05:11:53 PM »

who cares.

30-31 years old.

think he's the best rapper the world has seen.

think he's so good at everything while everybody else is wack.

You could the same things about just about every other rapper out there, except for the age thing, which is inaccurate and irrelevant.   

How is that inaccurate?

Bishop is like 30 or something.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 05:21:10 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if true. Afterall, no dis to Bishop, cuz I'm a fan, but if they're gonna drop Busta, who has an already proven sales record in hip hop, it'd make sense that people who have never released an album before, especially in this present low sales climate are gonna go too.

There are only a handful of artists who are guaranteed to go Gold at least nowadays.

In the end though, all these new rappers need to grind in the streets and do the independent thing instead. Major labels aren't where it's at nowadays.

In the words of D-Jay:

"It's hard out here for a pimp"

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 05:23:10 PM »
If Bishop goes, then I bet Slim Da Mobster goes too.

SOE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

"It's so cold in the music industryyyyyy, how the fuck we 'pose to keep our deals, its all in these rap niggaz miiiiiiiiiiind"

Bot

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 05:35:01 PM »
I believe this shit, considering the nigga was never gonna put out a album on aftermath anyways

bigmaniacc

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 05:37:13 PM »
aint nobody looking forward to no bishop lamont anyways nigga..so you can honestly say you was looking forward to a bishop lamont album...over talented niggaz like j roc..k dot..g malone..young promising niggaz like this...bishop lamont is garbage and coccy ass nigga...im still mad cuz fucced wit m y nigga j wells

dameons

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2008, 06:50:26 PM »
No way..He's involved in all goings on right now at the label..Just rumor.

dameons

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »
Big news from someone with 93 posts. ::)

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 08:03:26 PM »
I highly doubt this is true, it's not even plausible. If he got dropped then Dre would be the only one on Aftermath.

SOE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 08:07:30 PM »
it's not even plausible.

:laugh:

You do know plausible is a word, don't you? No dis, just checking. I'm guessing you thought he was trying to say "possible".

Matty

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »
hard to say what to make of this. sounds like a dirty rumour but could easily be true. who woulda thought someone as easily marketable/street approved like busta would be dropped/leave the label...something is seriously wrong over there. just cause bishop is on detox doesn't mean he's definitely gonna drop an album on aftermath, he'd still be a part of the project if he wasn't on the label/didn't release an album like others already are.

did anyone see the last video bishop was on he looked a lil rattled about his own album throwing it out there that it might drop after detox but not really seeming very convinced himself and maybe even a bit frustrated about it. the facts are that it's gone from his album supposedly coming out this year/before detox and a single leaking to it now not coming out before detox. i reckon they are putting all their chips down on detox (which still wont come out this year) and canning everything else for the meanwhile.

maybe if bishop is featured on it heavily and probably more importantly if they (jimmy) give him the go ahead he'll still drop an album not too long after detox. with all the touring/promoting they are planning on doing it for detox though, it could still be up in the air for him. then you got the whole dre situation where understandably we don't know if he's gonna be feeling like getting all up in the spotlight so soon after his sons death, providing the music gets done and dusted as planned too...

gonna be interesting to see how it pans out but i dont think theres much hope for detox/the reformation in '08 any more. still fingers crossed for both albums to eventually drop and shake things up 8)

SOE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »
it's not even plausible.

:laugh:

You do know plausible is a word, don't you? No dis, just checking. I'm guessing you thought he was trying to say "possible".

check his sentence 1st fore you speak to a b.o.s.s. like me