Author Topic: Going to be a sad day in west coast hip hop today...  (Read 5066 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Going to be a sad day in west coast hip hop today...
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »
yeah but they arent doin shit, look warren g gon shoot a video for this single, and quik doin what?  this amg shit, that ahrdly anyone is feelin?
im not tryna to sound like a hater , but bottomline is the vets arent doin shit.  exception of few ice cube, wc, and a few others.
ice cube has the dopest and hottest cd out right now IMO.  good shit game, and others but cube is on a roll, fuck tha roll call shit too. 
I hope the west will rise, but soopafly needs to realize he cant be pimped forever, unless he doesnt mind bein pimped, which is how it seems, otherwise why stay? 
but fuck it, thats why we have classic albums to listen to, and other artists from other regions.  I hardly listen to other artists from other regions but face the facts,
face
z-ro
tech n9ne
ice cube

(mainly IMO)

do alot (maybe more) for the rap game than soopafly, dj quik, warren g, xzibit, and others have.  (at least recently and were talkin years-so thats not a good thing)

Enyce-- good points made once again.  Especially about Quik and Warren G.  I agree Trauma and Midnite Hour were huge dissapointments.  The westcoast is struggling right now, no doubt.  The only ones selling are the ones that sold out, like Snoop.  So guys like Fly and Quik, etc. are doing the best they can while remaining true to the West.  I'm sure the west will make a resurgence, it all goes in cycles.  People will tire of the South sound, just like they tired of the eastcoast sound back in the day.

I don't really know why Fly stays with Snoop's label, other than money and he's probably locked into a contract.  Fly has said he doesn't really care if he becomes a big name or not, I probably care about it more than he does actually.  But oh well, without knowing all the specifics of his Doggystyle Records contract, I really can't debate about it any futher.  I will say that neither Snoop nor Fly had anything to do with "Like It Or Not" not blowing up real big, they were all under Suge's thumb at the time, and wel all know how good of businessman Suge was.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2008, 01:29:28 PM »
exactly why not pimp the, try to instead of bein pimped?
why settle for less when you might be able to get more?
(ahh shit you gotta try, life aint easy)
some lazy artists for real

Exactly, they're your veterans and I'm the supporter (why the fuck are you trippin'?). I plan to cop his first album, I have only the second. Are you sure that you linin' only his pockets? In Soopafly's case (solo), I probably see some 30% Daz, 50% Fly and the rest for charges. In Quik's case, I see some 50% Quik, 30% Arista/Profile and 20% guests. I may be wrong with these percents  8). But it ain't like that that you line Fly's pockets with total ammount of the CD.

Only Master P got the deal with Priority, which was sayin' 70% Master P, 30% Priority. That was why Priority turned bankrupt then. Because he got full pockets and they had no pockets.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Major-XZ

• 'G'
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:31 PM »
WTF Is Wrong With Ya'll ?! For The 1st Time I Read Whole Length Thread About Some1 And Ya'll Are Arguin' About Soopafly Or Master P!? I'm Listin' Posts TO See What's Up With Homie Nate, And What I See NeXt !? Who's Better Fan, Who's Fan Of Who... ?! C'mon Calm Down!

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2008, 02:17:17 PM »
WTF Is Wrong With Ya'll ?! For The 1st Time I Read Whole Length Thread About Some1 And Ya'll Are Arguin' About Soopafly Or Master P!? I'm Listin' Posts TO See What's Up With Homie Nate, And What I See NeXt !? Who's Better Fan, Who's Fan Of Who... ?! C'mon Calm Down!

Tell that dude...
It's funky enough!

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2008, 02:21:02 PM »

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
Soopafly Fan says: And we all know the Dubb Union CD wasn't as great as it could have been because Lucc, Damani, and Snoop all held down that project, nothing Fly could do about that.

LMAO!!!!   Dude..  Snoop let the group do what they wanted, in terms of production and lyrics..  Bad Lucc and Damani worked hard on that album..  If you weren't feeling the sound, it's not possible that Soopafy put out sum shit u weren't into?  It has to be the rest of the group, and the head at the label?

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2008, 12:48:31 AM »
And lol @ all these fans thinking their fav artists need money...   As long as ur rapper gets money, it makes u happy?  Wtf?  Unless dude is giving you royalties off them albums u shouldn't give a fuck.  Soopafly can put out music even if he broke, he got the equipment, he got the internet..

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2008, 01:56:02 AM »
And lol @ all these fans thinking their fav artists need money...   As long as ur rapper gets money, it makes u happy?  Wtf?  Unless dude is giving you royalties off them albums u shouldn't give a fuck.  Soopafly can put out music even if he broke, he got the equipment, he got the internet..
word...

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2008, 05:15:46 AM »
Soopafly Fan says: And we all know the Dubb Union CD wasn't as great as it could have been because Lucc, Damani, and Snoop all held down that project, nothing Fly could do about that.

LMAO!!!!   Dude..  Snoop let the group do what they wanted, in terms of production and lyrics..  Bad Lucc and Damani worked hard on that album..  If you weren't feeling the sound, it's not possible that Soopafy put out sum shit u weren't into?  It has to be the rest of the group, and the head at the label?

Well, Soopafly put out some songs I was into.  I Don't Like You Girl was straight dissing hoes, i like that.  "Bacc Talk" was about slapping hoes and beating women, i really like that.  Dippin Thru and Westurn Union were straight Westcoast gangsta tracks, I like that.  The ones I wern't feeling were the ones that weren't produced by Soopafly and had Soopafly's verse way at the end of the song, there's no excuse for that.  Soopafly needed to produce the whole thing.  I think it was Snoop's idea to put some of his other producers on this album, but i can't 100% prove that.  Why would Soopafly choose to have someone else produce over himself?  Doesn't make sense.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »
cuz hes a dope producer but not on fredwreck, hi-tek or jelly roll's level but he or they didnt get them.

Well, Soopafly put out some songs I was into.  I Don't Like You Girl was straight dissing hoes, i like that.  "Bacc Talk" was about slapping hoes and beating women, i really like that.  Dippin Thru and Westurn Union were straight Westcoast gangsta tracks, I like that.  The ones I wern't feeling were the ones that weren't produced by Soopafly and had Soopafly's verse way at the end of the song, there's no excuse for that.  Soopafly needed to produce the whole thing.  I think it was Snoop's idea to put some of his other producers on this album, but i can't 100% prove that.  Why would Soopafly choose to have someone else produce over himself?  Doesn't make sense.
Cube