Author Topic: Going to be a sad day in west coast hip hop today...  (Read 4964 times)

Elano

Re: Going to be a sad day in west coast hip hop today...
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »
Yo wtf happened?

As long as nothing happened to Soopafly, I think the West Coast will be OK.  Even if every other rapper and producer died, Fly could still make songs, as he can produce AND rap, so we'll be fine.

God damn, you're such a moron. I can't believe all this shit you're saying. You gotta be the biggest dickrider I've ever seen on this site.

:sshh:
What?

who ?
where?

when ?

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
Yo wtf happened?

As long as nothing happened to Soopafly, I think the West Coast will be OK.  Even if every other rapper and producer died, Fly could still make songs, as he can produce AND rap, so we'll be fine.

God damn, you're such a moron. I can't believe all this shit you're saying. You gotta be the biggest dickrider I've ever seen on this site.

What?

who ?
where?

when ?
why?

Elano

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Yo wtf happened?

What?

who ?
where?

when ?
why?
how ?

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
what others are tryna to say (Im pretty sure you know this but ...)is that soopafly not only hasnt done shit for his own career, nothin for the westcoast and theres nothin that he can do to save his own career or this coast period, and thats where it ends
and im pretty sure the jdilla (RIP) example is statin that him bein from detroit, he did more for hip-hop and the rap game than soopafly might have ever done (At least recently) considerin he died too soon.
see what you gotta realize (if you already havent) I dont think cats are hatin on your boy:
its the simple facts:

what has he done historically?
toured wit snoop, so have many others, thats an everyday thing so that dont count

has he released any albums (classic if that?)
some would say dat whoopty whoop is classic, thats his only release and I think many would agree its not bangin nor is it classic vs other all around classic.  a classic is a classic. 

what talent does he have?
hes a producer wit rappin skillz

is he known for any hits?
not really, nothin major like kurupt!(maybe im wrong but doubt it)

so in reality he hasnt done much for this coast, the rap game or himself

this is the important part:

is he good at anything (what he does, and nah bein a pimp aint shit, fuck a pimp, haha crooked says that)
he might be a dope producer/rapper but look at his work status?
a album every what 10 years, (jus a album?) tourin, features
that aint gon cut it, not then not now!
and shit its too late really to step it up, isnt it?

and dont get it twisted, Ima soopafly fan he jus doesnt do what he's supposed to do!
hes been gettin pimped around by his boss, so whos the pimp now?

It was an painfull example. So pleeeeez I don't wanna read another bullshit you'll get out of your mouth. So let's open some text editor, I'm sure you have it in your PC. And write down bullshites there, not here. Thanks.

Yes, I agree, Dilla was a good producer, he didn't really get his time to shine though.  But it seems as though your example proved my point, rather than your own.  For I said that as long as Soopafly didn't die, the westcoast rap scene would continue on, even if other rappers/producers died.  Well, as you said, Dilla died in 2006, and the westcoast rap scene has continued on thanks to Soopafly.  2pac is another painful example as a producer who died too soon, as he was just starting to produce tracks, such as "fucking with the wrong nigga" and "Are You Still Down (the Jon B version)".  And unfortunately he died before his time as well. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:02:40 AM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:12 PM »
First of all, props to you for having an intellegent debate with me instead of these other guys who just post profanities to try and prove their points because they can't string together an intellegent thought to save their life.

Anyway, to address some of your points, Soopafly's 1st love is and always will be producing.  Is it rare that a producer who has been in the rap game for 15+ years has only released 3 albums?  Not really, look at Dr. Dre.  Fly has done alot of production on other people's albums the last 10 years, he's just not rapping on everyone's cuts, which is what being a producer is all about.  I feel Fly has done alot for the Westcoast as of late by holding it down.  A few years ago, when everyone was on Lil Jon's and the South's nuts, Fly releases a critically acclaimed album called "Bangin Westcoast".  He showed everyone it was cool to still be down with the Westcoast sound, and after that album dropped, numerous Westcoast rappers began returning to their Westcoast roots.  And we all know the Dubb Union CD wasn't as great as it could have been because Lucc, Damani, and Snoop all held down that project, nothing Fly could do about that.

Dat Woopty Woop is a classic, bar none.  Classic westcoast rap right there, even if it took people 10 years to realize that.  Was Bangin Westcoast as good?  No.....was Chronic 2001 as good as the original Chronic?  No.  You can't outdo a classic record like Dat Woopty Woop.  But who's to say in 10 years, Banging Westcoast will not be considered a classic too?  Time seems to be very generous to these Westcoast rappers.  No one thought the Twinz album, or BG Knoccout/Gangsta Dresta's albums were classics at the time, but they do now. 

Is he known for any hits?  Well, Like It Or Not of course was a big hit.  I Don't Hang was a big hit, as well as Cali Grown.  Here's the problem, you can't have a mainstream hit right now and remain true to your westcoast roots.  Westcoast rap isn't selling right now.  It's a catch 22, if you make a hit record, people say you sold out.  If you stay true, people say you can't release a hit.  Fly has chosen to remain true to the Westcoast, and I respect him for that.  Kanye West has decided to fall in love with Autotune, and as a result, he will probably have a hit song that gets played on the radio all the time.  Does that make me respect him more??  No, i respect him less for selling out to the mainstream.  Getting hits played on the radio is no longer a consideration of mine when I look at great rappers these days.  Also, you say Kurupt has hits?  I'd like to know which songs you were referring to, because no Joe Schmo walking down the street has any idea who Kurupt is.  I don't think he's had any mainstream hits.  He's had hits with us Westcoast rap fans, but so has Soopafly.

Look at DJ Quik, or Warren G.  When was the last time any of these guys released a bonified hit?  It's been a long time.  Soopafly is no different.  He's making music for US fans now, he doesn't care about the mainstream anymore, hell, all the mainstream cares about these days is Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne.

Snoop is just a jerk, bar none.  Fly has produced so many hits for him it's crazy.  Snoop is so paranoid of Fly that he holds him down at every chance he gets (with the latest example being he put that skip in his new record so they all get recalled).  Is Snoop pimping Fly?  Who knows.  Fly's getting paid a shitload of money.  He ain't making songs for Snoop every day.  Most of the time, Soopafly ain't doing nothing but getting sucked off by hoes.  Snoop is paying Fly to sit on his ass and not produce for his competitors, so who's pimping whom really?  Fly is a smart man.  But as a fan, I wish Snoop would have some dignity and try to repay the man who's stuck by him through thick and thin.  Both Daz and Kurupt have left Snoop's side and dissed the hell out of him, and then came crawling back.  Well Fly stuck by him the whole time, and Snoop does nothing to repay that.  Instead, he rewards the traitors, like Daz and Kurupt, by releasing their albums through his label.  Thousand bucks says Kurupt's album won't have a skip on it.

But overall, i'm glad you're a Soopafly fan.  You don't have to like him as much as me, just buy his music and respect him, that's all I ask.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:24:06 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
First of all, props to you for having an intellegent debate with me instead of these other guys who just post profanities to try and prove their points because they can't string together an intellegent thought to save their life.

ok that may be your best quote
:D

underdog

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2008, 12:31:43 PM »

Anyway, to address some of your points, Soopafly's 1st love is and always will be producing.  Is it rare that a producer who has been in the rap game for 15+ years has only released 3 albums?  Not really, look at Dr. Dre.  Fly has done alot of production on other people's albums the last 10 years, he's just not rapping on everyone's cuts, which is what being a producer is all about.  I feel Fly has done alot for the Westcoast as of late by holding it down.  A few years ago, when everyone was on Lil Jon's and the South's nuts, Fly releases a critically acclaimed album called "Bangin Westcoast".  He showed everyone it was cool to still be down with the Westcoast sound, and after that album dropped, numerous Westcoast rappers began returning to their Westcoast roots.  And we all know the Dubb Union CD wasn't as great as it could have been because Lucc, Damani, and Snoop all held down that project, nothing Fly could do about that.

Dat Woopty Woop is a classic, bar none.  Classic westcoast rap right there, even if it took people 10 years to realize that.  Was Bangin Westcoast as good?  No.....was Chronic 2001 as good as the original Chronic?  No.  You can't outdo a classic record like Dat Woopty Woop.  But who's to say in 10 years, Banging Westcoast will not be considered a classic too?  Time seems to be very generous to these Westcoast rappers.  No one thought the Twinz album, or BG Knoccout/Gangsta Dresta's albums were classics at the time, but they do now. 

Is he known for any hits?  Well, Like It Or Not of course was a big hit.  I Don't Hang was a big hit, as well as Cali Grown.  Here's the problem, you can't have a mainstream hit right now and remain true to your westcoast roots.  Westcoast rap isn't selling right now.  It's a catch 22, if you make a hit record, people say you sold out.  If you stay true, people say you can't release a hit.  Fly has chosen to remain true to the Westcoast, and I respect him for that.  Kanye West has decided to fall in love with Autotune, and as a result, he will probably have a hit song that gets played on the radio all the time.  Does that make me respect him more??  No, i respect him less for selling out to the mainstream.  Getting hits played on the radio is no longer a consideration of mine when I look at great rappers these days.  Also, you say Kurupt has hits?  I'd like to know which songs you were referring to, because no Joe Schmo walking down the street has any idea who Kurupt is.  I don't think he's had any mainstream hits.  He's had hits with us Westcoast rap fans, but so has Soopafly.

Look at DJ Quik, or Warren G.  When was the last time any of these guys released a bonified hit?  It's been a long time.  Soopafly is no different.  He's making music for US fans now, he doesn't care about the mainstream anymore, hell, all the mainstream cares about these days is Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne.

Snoop is just a jerk, bar none.  Fly has produced so many hits for him it's crazy.  Snoop is so paranoid of Fly that he holds him down at every chance he gets (with the latest example being he put that skip in his new record so they all get recalled).  Is Snoop pimping Fly?  Who knows.  Fly's getting paid a shitload of money.  He ain't making songs for Snoop every day.  Most of the time, Soopafly ain't doing nothing but getting sucked off by hoes.  Snoop is paying Fly to sit on his ass and not produce for his competitors, so who's pimping whom really?  Fly is a smart man.  But as a fan, I wish Snoop would have some dignity and try to repay the man who's stuck by him through thick and thin.  Both Daz and Kurupt have left Snoop's side and dissed the hell out of him, and then came crawling back.  Well Fly stuck by him the whole time, and Snoop does nothing to repay that.  Instead, he rewards the traitors, like Daz and Kurupt, by releasing their albums through his label.  Thousand bucks says Kurupt's album won't have a skip on it.

But overall, i'm glad you're a Soopafly fan.  You don't have to like him as much as me, just buy his music and respect him, that's all I ask.

GET A LIFE VIRGIN!

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »

This might be joke. I'm such a chill person, who doesn't wanna argue. But then you said that shit about dying artists and my HEAD TURN AROUND THREE TIMES! I'm Soopafly's fan, I bought his last solo album and I plan to cop his debut album too.

By the way you can't please people to support him, there ain't no fuckin' dictature. Yeah if it's good, I'm down with it, I'll cop it. If it's weak, I'm gonna pick up next album.
It's funky enough!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2008, 12:47:28 PM »
That's cool man, as long as you buy Fly's albums, you're cool with me.  You can post or say whatever you want about me, I can take it, I just need you to continue to line Fly's pockets with green so he can continue to make music.  Soopafly's music is like a drug to me, I need a hit of the new stuff every so often.  With the Westurn Union mixtape and album released this year, i'm on an incredible high that I probably won't come down from until July of 2009.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2008, 12:48:08 PM »
aite and to let you know, theres the game groupies and game stans and then theres fans, so a debate is what this site is for, the groupies are what they are, theyre part of the industry (fuck tha industry)
Ima fan of rap muzik.  especially westcoast rap because this is my turf, I rep GANGSTA RAP, U.S.A. not cali, not colorado, not nowhere else. I grew up on that.  I have debates wit people at my work everyday cuz they think gansgta rap is dead, or the rap game is dead or "rap sucks".  they dont understand (havin never listened to rap in their life, but judgin from the young thug walkin down the streets wit his jeans saggin) they simply hate, which is ok cuz thats their opinion.  I say that to say this, I live for this rap muzik, and im always ready for a debate, not wastin time wit groupies who say the game is a better than big tray deee, face etc.... 
Now what I dont live for and where I put my input out there, is where somerthing is wrong. 
soopafly would be a great example cuz hes been gettin pimped by his boss, thats no secret and thats nothin new.

yes soopafly is a producer more so than a rapper, but he hasnt done near what he should have done wit the "incredible" talent he has.  aite I agree, hes dope but what have you done?  so you mention his album bein classic, a couple hits here n there, but thats not enuff.  he could have done much more, but didnt.  why cuz he was gettin pimped jus like many other artists but didnt rise like tech n9ne and say no you know what, fuck you, ima do me, and ima make you pay me!  your gonna want my muzik, and ill prove it to you.  now look, that same artist that said "the industry is punks" is one of the most successful artists there is wit his own company, distribution, he has it made and hes still fightin for the mistakes he made.  but he didnt sit and wait for it like yukmouth, soopafly, jay-o-felony, and others. 
he released bangin westcoast, but I doubt that will ever be considered a classic.  first off, soopafly isnt even that much known.  so if it were considered it would be "westcoast region" and it didnt even get much promo.  lets say he spent half a mil on promo, be honest with yourself, tha album was garbage, if you dont want to say garbage, give him a 1 outta 10, 2 outta 10, aite 3, outta 10. but even he didnt spend money on it.  so wait, after all these years of doin rap he dont have the chips to make a video, commercial, a banner? 
as for the dubb u, the cd wasnt great, classic, because thats not a group that should be a group, thats a group wit wrong members in the group. 
maybe a kam, bad lucc, goldie (maybe) but warzone and dubb u are random groups.  I mean are cats really feelin eiht anymore? 
and one of the main things you need to realize bad lucc came in and stole fly's airtime.  hes more fresh than soopafly and hes what the streets want. the streets want soopafly but not as much cuz his business aint right,  he fucked over his own fans after they had paid him to recieve a album.  they didnt get the album they paid for. 

your right over time, albums become classics but damn I mean from the examples you gave some would say BG is a better rapper than soopafly, but thats the besides the point it has to have some heat in the 6-8 range right now, when its released to even be considered a classic later.  that album came and went, and hes still bein pimped, he wants to be pimped.  he wants to be fed by his boss, (shit fuck it I mean hes eatin, goin on tour, its good but damn "HES A DOPE RAPPER/PRODUCER"  he should have been out in the public years ago. 

like it or not, could have been big, but why didnt his boss blow it up?
jus like why didnt his boss blow his own artists career up? what snoop dont have the money?  shit hes jackin his own fans and artists for their money! 

as for dj quik, yeah trauma was garbage IMO, but when he wants to make good muzik he does.  unda the influence is a dope record, crazy record.  so hes in the same boat as soopafly!
warren g the same.  return of the regulator was his last best effort IMO that ray j shit gotta go.  so the artists/rappers/producers know what the fuck is up?  but they arent doin what they should be!  what the fans want!

whether snoop is paranoid or not is one thing, but soopaflys been under snoops way for so long it might be too late to leave and do his own thing.  who gives a fuck if their cousins?  if your dope, why the fuck arent you doin you? 
the time soopafly releases a dope album, I mean bangin "raw footage" type bangin then i'll buy his album.  he hasnt and dont look like he will.

but remember this is comin from a soopafly fan.  i dont like him as much as you but I do like his songs raised on the side, not like it was, his song wit rbx on rbx album.  I mean I got my favorite fly joints, but what the fuck is he doin bein pimped?  what does that do for his fans?

Anyway, to address some of your points, Soopafly's 1st love is and always will be producing.  Is it rare that a producer who has been in the rap game for 15+ years has only released 3 albums?  Not really, look at Dr. Dre.  I feel Fly has done alot for the Westcoast as of late by holding it down.  A few years ago, when everyone was on Lil Jon's and the South's nuts, Fly releases a critically acclaimed album called "Bangin Westcoast".  He showed everyone it was cool to still be down with the Westcoast sound, and after that album dropped, numerous Westcoast rappers began returning to their Westcoast roots.  And we all know the Dubb Union CD wasn't as great as it could have been because Lucc, Damani, and Snoop all held down that project, nothing Fly could do about that.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:52:33 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2008, 12:51:08 PM »
That's cool man, as long as you buy Fly's albums, you're cool with me.  You can post or say whatever you want about me, I can take it, I just need you to continue to line Fly's pockets with green so he can continue to make music.  Soopafly's music is like a drug to me, I need a hit of the new stuff every so often.  With the Westurn Union mixtape and album released this year, i'm on an incredible high that I probably won't come down from until July of 2009.

Yeah but there's a little mistake. You ain't supportin' him, you're destroyin' him. So I rather buy Way 2 Fonky and raise my middle finger up to you. You dig it?

By the way how much green do you have? If you wanna fill Soopafly's pockets first, you'll rather live under the bridge and see Soopafly in his Escalade (sittin' on 22's) driving above you? Wake up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:53:32 PM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

Yeah but there's a little mistake. You ain't supportin' him, you're destroyin' him. So I rather buy Way 2 Fonky and raise my middle finger up to you. You dig it?

Well, you already stated you bought his first 2 albums, so that's good enough for me, case closed.  And by all means, you should buy Way 2 Fonky too, Quik is a legend as well as Soopafly.  Nothing wrong with lining his pockets with green too, i'd love to hear some more quik music.  And you can flip me off through your computer screen the whole time too, it's cool with me.  You're supporting some of my favorite Westcoast veterans, I can't be mad at you for that lil homie.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2008, 01:03:06 PM »
haha
had me on this 1

And you can flip me off through your computer screen the whole time too, it's cool with me.

Well, you already stated you bought his first 2 albums, so that's good enough for me, case closed.  And by all means, you should buy Way 2 Fonky too, Quik is a legend as well as Soopafly.  Nothing wrong with lining his pockets with green too, i'd love to hear some more quik music.  And you can flip me off through your computer screen the whole time too, it's cool with me.  You're supporting some of my favorite Westcoast veterans, I can't be mad at you for that lil homie.
Cube

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2008, 01:06:14 PM »
Enyce-- good points made once again.  Especially about Quik and Warren G.  I agree Trauma and Midnite Hour were huge dissapointments.  The westcoast is struggling right now, no doubt.  The only ones selling are the ones that sold out, like Snoop.  So guys like Fly and Quik, etc. are doing the best they can while remaining true to the West.  I'm sure the west will make a resurgence, it all goes in cycles.  People will tire of the South sound, just like they tired of the eastcoast sound back in the day.

I don't really know why Fly stays with Snoop's label, other than money and he's probably locked into a contract.  Fly has said he doesn't really care if he becomes a big name or not, I probably care about it more than he does actually.  But oh well, without knowing all the specifics of his Doggystyle Records contract, I really can't debate about it any futher.  I will say that neither Snoop nor Fly had anything to do with "Like It Or Not" not blowing up real big, they were all under Suge's thumb at the time, and wel all know how good of businessman Suge was.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
Exactly, they're your veterans and I'm the supporter (why the fuck are you trippin'?). I plan to cop his first album, I have only the second. Are you sure that you linin' only his pockets? In Soopafly's case (solo), I probably see some 30% Daz, 50% Fly and the rest for charges. In Quik's case, I see some 50% Quik, 30% Arista/Profile and 20% guests. I may be wrong with these percents  8). But it ain't like that that you line Fly's pockets with total ammount of the CD.

Only Master P got the deal with Priority, which was sayin' 70% Master P, 30% Priority. That was why Priority turned bankrupt then. Because he got full pockets and they had no pockets.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:12:34 PM by Birdie »
It's funky enough!