Author Topic: What does "Change" mean to you? How does it happen?  (Read 466 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
What does "Change" mean to you? How does it happen?
« on: September 15, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »
In the time it takes to move the world 360 degrees a lot of change can happen, but yet at the same time reflections of the past partake. So basically, what is change? Is it revolution, movement, could it be the ups and downs of life? Yes!

Here is what we know for sure change is. Change is gradual, change is inevitable, and change is constant. If we can realize these 3 principals of change, we can realize how change works in our everyday lives. Have you ever thought about how similar or how different one day in your live is to another, but yet still the same in some or a lot of ways?  Its mind boggling but it’s one way of analyzing change in one’s life and making steps to change it for the better. It’s human nature to want to better one’s state of being. This is true for people from all walks of life.  For some the struggle is harder than others, due to everyone’s various circumstances, globally and socially. What we must realize is individually; we all play a role in some way, shape, or form in the shaping of change. The ways we interact set moods and tones, of multiple scales depending on the individuals involved and present, also their takes on life and experiences. It’s a real complexity, so I invite all the brains around to break it down further.  My question to the masses is what is change, what does it mean to you and how does it happen?

.:TimeLock:. aka .:Son of Time:.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 01:50:03 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

Chief

Re: What does "Change" mean to you? How does it happen?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »
all i know about change is it cant be stopped. goto embrace it and not get caught up in the past. people that dont accept change get left behind and i think are boring trying to cling onto something that wont come back... move on and take it as it comes is my philosophy, life is full of challenges and how mundane would it be if we could predict tomorrow??

fuck yeah, bring on change and uncertainties associated with it, i like being challenged.

good post

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:37:26 AM »

LOL

on the real... change to me is that one thing that we strive for, we always want and we work hard to achieve. From child to teen, from teen to young adult, from young adult to marriage and children, from adulthood to retirement, from elderly to death. We are ones who always want what's next and we want change. Change for the better, changer for the worst, we strive for change for no other reason than we hate to be stagnate.

To me, as someone who was early on the Obama bandwagon (hell the first on this board... lol) I saw a strong draw to someone new, who was change without even saying the name, someone who was not a career politician but a community organizer who worked through out the 80's and early 90's from people in Southside Chicago. To me, change was a change of throwing away the old system and starting new. When I was in college I studied Latin American history, and what I loved was the eternal struggle of change vs. military, the people vs. the dictator. My one question always remained, what happens when change is finally reached, what's next, more change? Of course, but in what direction. Our government was meant to change. Issues where left unresolved, but were issues at the beginning and continued to be issues through our history. But that's the beauty of the American government set up, it was made to change. Thomas Jefferson felt that revolution was good every 30-40 years. This has taken place in election were the pattern is that every 30-40 years we have change elections, the last being in 1968 when the Democrat party who ruled since 1932 fall apart and Republican party took over up until now, and now our election not only has two presidential candidate who promise change, but also history on each ticket, and two sides that are not really hitting the middle but actually fighting for their cause. This to change on the government level.

In a cultural level, change is what people here hate... lol. From the westcoast goldyn era to now in the hip-hop is dead era. Hip-Hop is ever changing, it's made to always be hot, from Busy Bee acting like his Ali and doing that old school 60's bob to bob ta bang, to Kool Moe Dee and Melli Mel with there lyrical skills, to Rakim who added a heavy poetry element to the game, to NWA who went gangsta with it, to Public Enemy and the late 80's with their revolutionary and Afro Centric topics, to the early 90's who kept it streets, to 2Pac who made Hip-Hop a straight art, to the late 90's when we got Jiggy wit' It, to the early 2000's where it seemed that true Hip-Hop will always have a place, to the mid 2000's and now where the southern style has truly taken hold in Hip-Hop culture.

Change is everywhere. The way we are going... as Obama said... ENOUGH!!!

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »
On November 9th, America is going to send a strong message to Barack Obama:  YOU CAN KEEP THE CHANGE!!!!!!

Nat Turner-reincarnated

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
peace sun this a good topic ..
to me change got to be something positive you feel me. change got to be beneficial. if you ask anybody around the globe what change mean to them......... most likely what they going to tell you is something that is elevating they situation. unless you ask some redneck devil, who is like change is sending Black back to Africa and mexicans to mexico, which is negative. change go hand in hand with understand/overstanding.......... if you overstand how fucked up your situation is.............then that should motivate you to change in the positive direction...........thats the problem which the United snakes of america........ they dont dont overstand what change is............CHANGE ISNT VOTING REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT.  we been doing that shit for how long!!! Fuck Obama that nigga isnt change.......... and that cracker mccain and his white bitch palin aint change either........

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »
ron paul
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:26:22 PM »
peace sun this a good topic ..
to me change got to be something positive you feel me. change got to be beneficial. if you ask anybody around the globe what change mean to them......... most likely what they going to tell you is something that is elevating they situation. unless you ask some redneck devil, who is like change is sending Black back to Africa and mexicans to mexico, which is negative. change go hand in hand with understand/overstanding.......... if you overstand how fucked up your situation is.............then that should motivate you to change in the positive direction...........thats the problem which the United snakes of america........ they dont dont overstand what change is............CHANGE ISNT VOTING REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT.  we been doing that shit for how long!!! Fuck Obama that nigga isnt change.......... and that cracker mccain and his white bitch palin aint change either........

You see... in our 2 party system, we are HEAVILY screwed. In Obama, we have someone who actually has a personal history of doing something for the people. Ron Paul is still a Republican, once he leaves that party then I'll put him with change. Obama is as close as it's going to get for now. In reality we need a more parties, more choices, a political system were big business don't contribute one penny. But until then, Obama is as close as we are going to get, and in all honesty his the first person I'm voting for that I have full faith in.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »
Unfortunately, "change" now has a connotation with a brown skinned man pulling the wool over millions of minorities and liberals eyes that he is going to actually be different than our current administration.

He's controlled by the same lobbyists, it matters not if it's him or McCain, we're FUCKED.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:58:54 PM »
Unfortunately, "change" now has a connotation with a brown skinned man pulling the wool over millions of minorities and liberals eyes that he is going to actually be different than our current administration.

He's controlled by the same lobbyists, it matters not if it's him or McCain, we're FUCKED.

I'm not talking skin, I'm talking community work, and a sense of doing what's right before politics.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:16:27 PM »
On November 9th, America is going to send a strong message to Barack Obama:  YOU CAN KEEP THE CHANGE!!!!!!

You mean 5 days after the election... uhhhhh my brain, this kid is so stupid.

Canada has multiple parties, and a spending cap, so money doesn't determine who can run, but no one thinks who we elect will change the country. People who don't change, don't learn, and can't make themselves better members of society.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »
good point^

Chief

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 06:27:21 AM »
oh shit didnt realize this was a political thread.

fuck politics, its all bullshit

vote obama

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 12:45:34 PM »
^it wasn't but i guess it converted
at lease u were able to realize it from the get go
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:47:27 PM by .:TimeLock:. »

Rugged Monk

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
word to Chief and Job,

change can be good and/or bad...

Sometimes 'change' can be absolutely bullshit...and can unsher in personal hells.
Sometimes 'change' is seemingly random and undeserved.

darkness accentuates the light's spark

herpes

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 03:19:13 PM »
power in numbers can lead to change... tho too many in this country are only out for self and don't realize they are also shooting themselves in the foot.