Author Topic: When Do You Decide A Rapper Has Fallen Off??  (Read 453 times)

herpes

Re: When Do You Decide A Rapper Has Fallen Off??
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
Listen to Murda Muzik then listen to infamy and you have your answer.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 03:08:07 PM »

People here are straight up lyin.

Basically they make 1 bad song and when they ain't on TV and the radio everyday, a few people starts sayin "____ fell off" over and over again and then before you know it the rest of the people start sayin the same thing. Then even if that artist makes a dope ass song people'll still say "man he fell off".

It's a bandwagon thing. People still haven't realized that Hip-Hop is all about the bandwagon.

i 100% agree with you on the bandwagon thing. but rappers also start making bad songs. but they can bounce back, but the bandwagon effect wont allow that...cuz to bandwagoners, "once you go wack, you cant go back." (no matter what).

i am, NASTRADAMUS, stillmatic

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »

Basically they make 1 bad song and when they ain't on TV and the radio everyday, a few people starts sayin "____ fell off" over and over again and then before you know it the rest of the people start sayin the same thing. Then even if that artist makes a dope ass song people'll still say "man he fell off".

It's a bandwagon thing. People still haven't realized that Hip-Hop is all about the bandwagon.

i 100% agree with you on the bandwagon thing. but rappers also start making bad songs. but they can bounce back, but the bandwagon effect wont allow that...cuz to bandwagoners, "once you go wack, you cant go back." (no matter what).

yeah i dont agree with that.  Artists can bounce back, look at snoop dogg. He dropped Da game is to be told, not to be sold, and everyone hated it. Then next he dropped no limit top dogg, and thats like one of my favourite snoop dogg cds of all time!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »

yeah i dont agree with that.  Artists can bounce back, look at snoop dogg. He dropped Da game is to be told, not to be sold, and everyone hated it. Then next he dropped no limit top dogg, and thats like one of my favourite snoop dogg cds of all time!

well Snoop never really fell under a bandwagon...people just didn't like that album. but a guy like 50 Cent or Wayne; watch. they could both start makin mad good shit and everyone will say its wack, no matter how good it is...

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:39:08 PM »
I base it on albums mainly... if an artist drops some solid albums, and then drops a wack album, and then another, and another, and then doesn't bounce back with another dope one, I consider them as having fell off

it's hard to call sometimes though, people have different tastes... like for example, some people may like Lil' Wayne's older shit more so than his new, and vice versa

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 08:33:10 PM »
When they stop having good songs on their next albums, not enough likable songs to buy the album. Great example, Busta Rhymes after ELE, Extinction Level Event.  Lil Wayne fell off b4 Hurricane Katrina.  When Birdman did the song Neck uv da Woods, when Wayne was doing the hook, he sounded like he was drunk with marbles or rocks in his mouth. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:35:24 PM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
Stillmatic was the shit tho common guy.

I cant agree with Lil wayne fallen off when the guy juts sold 2 million records lol common now be reasonable.

Fallen is tuff to call sometimes people swithc up there style it dosent work but its something they wanted to do for personal reason or juts to switch it up.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 12:49:48 AM »
I cant agree with Lil wayne fallen off when the guy juts sold 2 million records
So if he sung about doo-doo and still sold 4 million, he wouldn't have fallen off?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2008, 03:54:47 AM »
IMO, you basivally fall off when you drop an album (or worse yet,multiple albums) that illustrate none of the hunger, skill and lyrics you're known for. See Eminem's Encore or 50's work after GRODT, pretty much.

But if you manage to come back after falling off - more power to you.

Birdie

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12:42 AM »

Yeah this is some true shit.
It's funky enough!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 12:00:26 PM »
I cant agree with Lil wayne fallen off when the guy juts sold 2 million records
So if he sung about doo-doo and still sold 4 million, he wouldn't have fallen off?

didn't already do that? :D

na, Wayne sold so much cuz he has the biggest fan base in music. some people feel his music, some feel his swag, girls think hes just the "hottest" thing. i mean he has what it takes to sell records.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 10:30:47 PM »
So we all agree

FAllen OFf = Style stays the same, but it's not as good as it was before...

I dont want to start something but... EXAMPLE: Snoop Dogg after he left Death Row, (no limit days)

Um Kurupt in his later years...

Or what if they intentionally switched their style up to Sucky (or different).  Hm,mmmm

This is pointless, its like a G.O.A.T. thread.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits

1 Mizzick

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 06:20:58 AM »
IMO, you basivally fall off when you drop an album (or worse yet,multiple albums) that illustrate none of the hunger, skill and lyrics you're known for. See Eminem's Encore or 50's work after GRODT, pretty much.

-+

50 was never lyrical fuck you talkin about fuck boy. 50 was only a rapper with average skill but he made dope songs. That's all.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 06:45:11 AM »
^^ Have you ever heard Power Of The Dollar ? He had lyrics back then.