Author Topic: LOL@ O'Riely now getting butthurt over Palins e-mail getting hacked  (Read 300 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Isn't O'Riely the same guy who stood up and supported the Patriot Act and the wiretapping and surviellance exacted during the Bush administration that gives government the ability to monitor our e-mail, bank accounts, travelling, library books, phone calls, etc????

When citizens complained about the deterioration of civil liberties and invasions of privacy didn't Neo-cons like O'Riely use the old excuse, "if you don't have anything to hide, then don't worry about it!"

Well then why is Palin so upset over her e-mail being hacked?  DOes she have something to hide?  Is she consorting with terrorists?

This event really shows the hypocrisy of the neo-cons, in that they want to invade our privacy and civil liberties and then turn around and complain when it happens to one of their own.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: LOL@ O'Riely now getting butthurt over Palins e-mail getting hacked
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »
The real question is why do liberals get so angry about the idea of spying on foreign  terrorists but seem to care less about hackers breaking into the email accounts of our citizens.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:00:18 PM by Real American »

Matty

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:13:53 PM »
this is a hillarious story. did anyone see about that dude from the UK that was able to hack into NASA and snoop through all kinds of highly confedential shit because of blank admin passwords in windows. goes to show that the US government and the people that work within/are hired by it aren't really very smart. america has used all these resources to attack and threaten other countries for supposed homeland security and can't even keep their computer systems safeguarded properly.

the hackers in these cases will be made an example of though, sucks to be them. the dude who got into palin's e-mail was so unbelievably dumb about it that you have to be suspicious that this isn't just all a big ploy for publicity or some shit. he was definitely a 'noob' if not...

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:14:31 PM »
The real question is why do liberals get so angry about the idea of spying on foreign  terrorists but seem to care less about hackers breaking into the email accounts of our citizens.

I don't know how "liberals" would answer but I can tell you how Libertarians would answer that.

Government by nature is force.  They have the power to enforce their way over all others.

A 16 year old hacker has no power.  He's just a computer nerd who has the potential to embarrass you or possibly steal from you.  He can be dealt with and brought to justice.

But government run amuck can not be dealt with.  When they steal from you its called "taxation".  When they invade your civil liberties it's called "national security".  When they kill a million people its called "Operation Freedom".  And nobody has the power to stop them.

That's why its more important for Libertarians to point out government abuses rather then the abuses of a nerdy kid wit a computer.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »

I don't know how "liberals" would answer but I can tell you how Libertarians would answer that.

Government by nature is force.  They have the power to enforce their way over all others.

A 16 year old hacker has no power.  He's just a computer nerd who has the potential to embarrass you or possibly steal from you.  He can be dealt with and brought to justice.

But government run amuck can not be dealt with.  When they steal from you its called "taxation".  When they invade your civil liberties it's called "national security".  When they kill a million people its called "Operation Freedom".  And nobody has the power to stop them.

That's why its more important for Libertarians to point out government abuses rather then the abuses of a nerdy kid wit a computer.

I agree with almost everything that you said. But I don't consider spying on suspected terrorists to be an invasion of privacy or an abuse. I consider it the government doing its job.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:13:06 PM »

I agree with almost everything that you said. But I don't consider spying on suspected terrorists to be an invasion of privacy or an abuse. I consider it the government doing its job.

Okay, I understand you have a great trust in the current administration, but I hope you realize that now that the government has been given the power to spy on it's citizens, future presidents and administrations will inherit this same power.  And the liberals that you decry can get in office one day and use that same power you granted them.  A Hitler can come to power and their will be no more checks and balances left, and no respect for the constitution left, to stop him from spying and punishing people however he see's fit.