Author Topic: Canadians: 2008 Election  (Read 249 times)

Suga Foot

Canadians: 2008 Election
« on: September 20, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »
So we're having a federal election in October.  What are your thoughts?

I'd like to see a conservative majority.  They're not my ideal party (I'd like them to be more fiscally conservative), but they're the best choice by far imo.  Either way, a change in federal power has little to no effect on my day to day life, so it's not a big deal. 

And lol @ the two NDP candidates from Vancouver that had to drop out for being pot heads.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Canadians: 2008 Election
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 12:58:31 PM »
I'm voting NDP because of the whole green policy and they plan to decriminalize marijuana. Plus the whole Marc Emery thing, Conservatives will send that guy on a one way trip to the US and he'll never come back. These are superficial issues, but economy wise, I don't see the difference between the parties. Health care won't get better, food and gas won't get cheaper. Nothing will change if the Conservatives win, or Liberals win, other then these little superficial issues. The thing that annoys me is, if you're a conservative, you have one party to vote for. If you're left wing, you can vote NDP, Green or the Liberals. It biases the whole thing, and the right will always win, since the right wing votes aren't spread across 3 other parties.

Harper is the only one who actually acts like a leader. The rest don't really have a chance. I like the fact though if everything goes to shit we can just have another election.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
I'm voting NDP because of the whole green policy and they plan to decriminalize marijuana. Plus the whole Marc Emery thing, Conservatives will send that guy on a one way trip to the US and he'll never come back. These are superficial issues, but economy wise, I don't see the difference between the parties. Health care won't get better, food and gas won't get cheaper. Nothing will change if the Conservatives win, or Liberals win, other then these little superficial issues. The thing that annoys me is, if you're a conservative, you have one party to vote for. If you're left wing, you can vote NDP, Green or the Liberals. It biases the whole thing, and the right will always win, since the right wing votes aren't spread across 3 other parties.

Harper is the only one who actually acts like a leader. The rest don't really have a chance. I like the fact though if everything goes to shit we can just have another election.

I really wouldn't call it right wing. The right is so left of center here in Canada right wingers exist in name only. Vote LPC.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
i am voting Bloc quebecois to mae sure they protect my interests. When they ask for money to build shcool and finance programs in butt fuck nowhere saskatchewan i wnat my province to be well represented and heard.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 03:39:50 PM »
The thing that annoys me is, if you're a conservative, you have one party to vote for. If you're left wing, you can vote NDP, Green or the Liberals. It biases the whole thing, and the right will always win, since the right wing votes aren't spread across 3 other parties.

Not everything is black and white, liberal and conservative.  You seem to think everything falls into only two categories, which is incorrect.
Having 4-5 major parties is a lot better than only having 2 options like the Americans.

and lol @ the "right will always win"

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »
The thing that annoys me is, if you're a conservative, you have one party to vote for. If you're left wing, you can vote NDP, Green or the Liberals. It biases the whole thing, and the right will always win, since the right wing votes aren't spread across 3 other parties.

Not everything is black and white, liberal and conservative.  You seem to think everything falls into only two categories, which is incorrect.
Having 4-5 major parties is a lot better than only having 2 options like the Americans.

and lol @ the "right will always win"

Look at the NDP and Liberal party plans, not very different. It's not black and white, but the difference between NDP/Green/Liberal platforms is negliable compared to the Conservative party platform. I want to vote NDP, but I'd be throwing my vote away because they won't win, so I have to vote Liberal to avoid a majority for the conservatives. If their were a second "right" wing party, the Conservative party wouldn't win. The point is, 4-5 major parties isn't that great, when only 2 of them will ever win an election. It'll be Liberals or Conservatives winning all the federal election for the next few decades. People who want environmental changes have too many parties to choose from.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »
im voting Liberal; it's a family tradition

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »

Talking about being a sheep.

Blindly voting for any one party is pathetic. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 12:02:33 AM »
Even though Im an NDP man, I vote Liberal federally because my MP for Etobicoke Centre is a good man. Ive met him before, even took a picture with him in Parliament.

Hes the one who stood up for Lebanon during Israels attack, and offered a dose of pragmatism too often missing from mainstream middle eastern political discourse. The man is a boss nigga. Too bad hes gonna be a backbencher

As much as I detest certain elements of the Conservative party, and as much as Harper gives me the creeps, the man unfortunately has no credible rival. Dion is a fucking retard. Layton is a good man, but he cant do much. I like the Greens, in a peculiar wierd sort of way, but theyre the ultimate protest vote. The Bloc can suck a dick.

The Liberals are gonna get creamed and they deserve it. I hope Peggy Nash gives it to Gerard Kennedy hard. That fuck boy is responsible for Dion being the Liberal leader. Although Michael Ignatieff is even worse.

I miss Chretien
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 02:59:27 AM »

Talking about being a sheep.

Blindly voting for any one party is pathetic. 

that's not the only reason; actually I've only been eligible to vote once federally (the alst time there was an election).
I went Liberal because Liberals were against the war in Iraq, while the Conservatives were in favour (from what I heard).

not sure if that was truthful and / or still the same; i should look into the policies before voting.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!