Author Topic: Ron Paul has been ALL over the news lately - Here's some clips EDUCATE YOURSELF.  (Read 258 times)

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'
Props... those were dope.

I recently started investing my money in the stock market. I've always followed the market, and was always interested in investing, but never had the money to do so until now. I played on last week's volatility... went long on a couple financials at the beginning of the week, and dumped on Friday opening minute for a 35% gain.

Anyways, I was wondering what you (or anyone else that may be into this) are planning on doing to capitalize on the situation.
One thing that crossed my mind is.. the SEC halted short-selling of financials until Oct.2... the market was gonna jump on the news of the government bailout, but I think the financial sector got an extra boost from that ban on shorting, so the stock prices seem to have been artificially raised to a greater extent... do you think that once the ban is lifted, these stocks are gonna plummet?

Also, taking the current economic conditions, coupled with the government bailout, into account... we can probably expect increased inflation, lower interest rates, and a weakening dollar... I'm thinking of going long on gold & oil... what you think?

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

props as always jrome

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I recently started investing my money in the stock market. I've always followed the market, and was always interested in investing, but never had the money to do so until now. I played on last week's volatility... went long on a couple financials at the beginning of the week, and dumped on Friday opening minute for a 35% gain.

Anyways, I was wondering what you (or anyone else that may be into this) are planning on doing to capitalize on the situation.
One thing that crossed my mind is.. the SEC halted short-selling of financials until Oct.2... the market was gonna jump on the news of the government bailout, but I think the financial sector got an extra boost from that ban on shorting, so the stock prices seem to have been artificially raised to a greater extent... do you think that once the ban is lifted, these stocks are gonna plummet?

Also, taking the current economic conditions, coupled with the government bailout, into account... we can probably expect increased inflation, lower interest rates, and a weakening dollar... I'm thinking of going long on gold & oil... what you think?

mutual fund
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Though Death Is Callin, I'ma Keep Ballin

• 'G'

mutual fund

Mutual funds are weak. A majority don't beat the market. You're better off just buying the market index and save yourself the cost with ETF's.

Matty

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
gold is good insurance for your portfolio that's for sure.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Fox news actually appeared to be a real news station for once.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)