Author Topic: I'm starting to believe that Snoop doesn't do much to help the sales of D. Union  (Read 437 times)

penenstamp

So I was at Snoop's show tonight. There were Westurn Union posters hanging everywhere. There was even a place where you could buy cd's... BUT THERE WAS NO WESTURN UNION CD TO BE FOUND. I wanted to buy that cd!

:-X
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 03:58:44 PM by penenstamp »

eLinsecto

• Lil Geezy
So I was at Snoop's show tonight. There were Westurn Union posters hanging everywhere. There was even a place where you could buy cd's... BUT THERE WAS NO WESTURN UNION CD TO BE FOUND. I wanted to buy that cd!

I want to as well, but I aint for different reason. U know what, I listened a preview of the album and got the feeling that the houseshoemusick mixtape was better, though... let me know what you think.

penenstamp

^ I like the mixtape better. In fact: the album doesn't have a lot of replay value. I just wanted to buy it to support Westurn Union.

eLinsecto

• Lil Geezy
^ I like the mixtape better. In fact: the album doesn't have a lot of replay value. I just wanted to buy it to support Westurn Union.

Man, U just said it, Imma get it just to support as well... peace from EL SALVADOR

~Lucien~

That's because Fame Music was selling albums at the Amsterdam show... That's Fame's fault. Not Snoopy. And if you wanted that Dubb Union album so bad and you was in town.... you had to check Boudisque. I bought 2 Dubb Union albums today. Don't blame everything on Snoop!

penenstamp

That's because Fame Music was selling albums at the Amsterdam show... That's Fame's fault. Not Snoopy. And if you wanted that Dubb Union album so bad and you was in town.... you had to check Boudisque. I bought 2 Dubb Union albums today. Don't blame everything on Snoop!

I noticed that, but if you have a bunch of posters hanging everywhere, you could make them sell that album as well... Or you could sell them yourselves at the venue.

~Lucien~

I noticed that, but if you have a bunch of posters hanging everywhere, you could make them sell that album as well... Or you could sell them yourselves at the venue.

Yes, true

arubiano83

i thought boudisque closed their store in amsterdam...

he shoulda let soopafly do a song or verse from that album, but instead he put soopa behind a keyboard lol

penenstamp

i thought boudisque closed their store in amsterdam...

They did. There's still one in Utrecht if I'm not mistaking, but the website doesn't even have it.

he shoulda let soopafly do a song or verse from that album, but instead he put soopa behind a keyboard lol

I agree. Daz and Kurupt kinda sucked as the backup rappers. I wasn't impressed with What Would U Do and We Can Freak It either. Maybe it had to do with the bad sound (I didn't recognize a few songs till the chorus came on), but when they were performing I was thinking to myself like: for years I've waited to see DPG live and this is all I get? They weren't the best hype men... and I know cause I was standing very close to the stage.

arubiano83

for me..they did alright...
they were just there for support..daz has a much more powerfull voice than snoop..he could easily steal the show from snoop..but they can't
+ it sounded like their micvolume was a bit low

we can freak it and what would u do were dope as fuck,..but it looked like nobody knew those hits..
I was standin'in da middle...and i saw only 10 hands in the air in front of me during those songs..I was like wtf..
but thats what happens when u have a pop audience

the beats sounded different cause of the live band...but I was feelin it all
and i was very suprised kurupt did..let's get high 8)

penenstamp

Re: I'm starting to believe that Snoop doesn't do much to help the sales of D. U
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 07:40:21 AM »
they were just there for support..daz has a much more powerfull voice than snoop..he could easily steal the show from snoop..but they can't

we can freak it and what would u do were dope as fuck,..but it looked like nobody knew those hits..
I was standin'in da middle...and i saw only 10 hands in the air in front of me during those songs..I was like wtf..

yeah, Let's Get High was dope... but they just couldn't get the crowd hyped too much by themselves... partly because their mic volume wasn't as high as Snoop's and because the sound wasn't good, but that isn't a good excuse IMO

Two of those 10 hands you saw were from me probably, haha.

And another complaint... the support act was crap.

All in all I was kind of disappointed in what I saw. I mean... after all I I did pay €45 (ticket) + €10 (travel) + €5 (drinks) = €60 for it.

COMPTONRIDA1

well if snoop can hardley can sell his own music.. how can he sell dubb union..i aint knockin dubb union.. but there really aint no push.. havent seen a dub union bus stop sign yet.. lack of promotion..they dont even respond to they myspace pages.. so how the people gonna feel like they can buy your shit..

DazDilly

I bought it.

arubiano83

Re: I'm starting to believe that Snoop doesn't do much to help the sales of D. U
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 10:02:26 AM »

yeah, Let's Get High was dope... but they just couldn't get the crowd hyped too much by themselves... partly because their mic volume wasn't as high as Snoop's and because the sound wasn't good, but that isn't a good excuse IMO

Two of those 10 hands you saw were from me probably, haha.

And another complaint... the support act was crap.

All in all I was kind of disappointed in what I saw. I mean... after all I I did pay €45 (ticket) + €10 (travel) + €5 (drinks) = €60 for it.

well props for puttin up your hands i guess  ;D

Got the mixtape and album. I aint listened to HSM as much so I cant really say which is better. Both got alot of replay value on certain songs like Dont Like You Girl, Dippin Through, Hata Talk, Welcome To The Majors.