Author Topic: Interview w/ Joe Budden producer WMS SULTAN  (Read 53 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Interview w/ Joe Budden producer WMS SULTAN
« on: September 21, 2008, 04:01:50 PM »
JULES: Hey, thanks for doing this!  Where are you from?

WMS SULTAN: I was born and raised in Boston, MA 617 boston stand up!

JULES: How long have you been making beats?

WMS SULTAN: About 6 years now, the last 2 1/2 years I have really become serious with it. At first it was more a hobby, now I am going in on all aspects. The promotion (internet and the streets), the business end and of course the art form and continuing to excell and expand my sound and be creative.

JULES: You’re a beatmaker foremost, but do you dabble in any other musical fields?

WMS SULTAN: Yeah, I write alot.  Mainly hooks, and bridges for singers, that can vary for pop songs, r&b stuff. I am always experimenting with the beats working on other genres of music and combining other genres with rap and r&b beats.

JULES: Have you made beatmaking your occupational career?

WMS SULTAN: Yes sir!

JULES: What equipment do you use?

WMS SULTAN: Motif rack mainly, alesis monitor, axiom keyboard, turntable, and some other secret weapons.

JULES: What are you influences when making beats?

WMS SULTAN: Life, I mean everything that goes on from that day, that week, month etc. Whether its conciously or subconciously life effects and inspires or uninspires making music. Everything inspires me from movies, not even always the music in them, but I might see a certain see in film and it will trigger a certain idea for a melody or direction to go for the next track I compose. I wake up everyday with ideas in my head for music, too many ideas actually there really isn’t enough time in the day. Another inspiration/influnce is those that laid it down before me in all genre. i.e. rza, premier, dr dre, alot of the motown group and the soulfull music that was coming out of that era. My dig game is serious so I am always picking up new records that influence what I do.

JULES: What are the samples you’ve used in the Joe Budden productions we’ve heard so far?

WMS SULTAN: Umm, I used the zelda sample for one of the records and then the rest were just off old soul joints. Don’t wanna put them out there heavy like that cause nothing is cleared. Now that my mixtape is finished, dudes are in trouble though, I am about to be back on my hard body record diggin, 50-100 records per week.

http://swagspot.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/interview-with-joe-budden-producer-wms-sultan/  to read the rest..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:28:43 PM by The-Leak »

Kilo2

Re: Interview w/ WMS SULTAN
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:39:51 PM »
Props Leak. Also, don't cover that Advocate dude on Swagspot. He was the first artist I ever interviewed, what a dick. Lol.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Interview w/ WMS SULTAN
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21:17 PM »
Props Leak. Also, don't cover that Advocate dude on Swagspot. He was the first artist I ever interviewed, what a dick. Lol.

lol.  He's been very nice with me.. We'll see..