Author Topic: I saw out-fox-ed at shcool today  (Read 338 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I saw out-fox-ed at shcool today
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
Talking about how Fox is pro republican and how they spin everything there way, Bill o reiley telling people to shut up and such.

I was in awww. I dint realise american media was controlled like this.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: I saw out-fox-ed at shcool today
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:04 AM »
I always felt the influence Fox news has on the public was very overstated. The ratings Fox news actually gets are so small that only a small number of people actually see it to be influenced. Fox news is a product of the ignorance in a America not a catalyst for it.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »

Talking about how Fox is pro republican and how they spin everything there way, Bill o reiley telling people to shut up and such.

When cable first had news, it was CNN and it waqs ESPN... lol

In the mid-90's, when MSNBC came out and coved the Monica trail 24/7 a new form of news came to America, it was what's called now the 24hr news cycle. Before hand you had CNN cover the main story, hit some world events, talk about the stock market, cover a war in the world and end it with some sports and movie reviews, all in about an hour, and all over and over again as the stories update themselves. MSNBC used the new internet to post news as it comes, and report it on cable, and their main focus was Bill and Monica, and when CNN would do world news, MSNBC hired the likes of Ann Coulter to fill in time and talk about what she thought of the trail. This would go on and on and on, and then Fox News joined, arming themselves with the best conservatives you could find, and away we go. Keith Olbermann, who worked for MSNBC at the time, quit because of how bad he felt the coverage of the Bill/Monica trail was and how MSNBC was not covering the news. Fox became the undisputed king of ratings, especially leading up to the 2000 election, and Fox was actually owned by someone who was a conservative, were as MSNBC was reporting for ratings, and CNN basically fell off the face of the earth, seen as that old channel.

Fast forward to 2004, MSNBC was still dominated by conservatives, but Keith Olbermann cameback and was actually challenging Bill O'Reilly in the ratings, most of MSNBC's main conservative annylist were at Fox and slowly MSNBC was turning into that liberal channel they are now. Again, because with the unpopularity with Bush, liberals mean ratings and that's MSNBC's goal, not actual news. Fox though, with new people from MSNBC, became even more conservative, and the connections with the Bush admin. made it hard to see the difference between Fox and the news ran in China. Both seemed to be ran by their governments. CNN, again is on the side and to this day is on the side when it comes to ratings.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 06:50:10 PM »

Dude you live in Canada, how can you even talk about media bias? The CBC and most other media organizations in your country brainwash Canadians with left wing propaganda 24/7.

Not to mention the fact that the Canadian government hauls conservative commentators like Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant before human rights commissions for expressing opinions that the government doesn't like. What a joke.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »
And why is your school showing movies like OutFoxed? Do they show any movies from a conservative viewpoint? I am going to guess no.

Canadians are like sheep mindlessly brainwashed by their government.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
And why is your school showing movies like OutFoxed? Do they show any movies from a conservative viewpoint? I am going to guess no.

Canadians are like sheep mindlessly brainwashed by their government.

Dude shut up already. Everyone here thinks YOU'RE the brainwashed sheep. You don't have the intelligence or the education to understand even simply un-complex issues.

Let me explain something to you. Canada's economy is conservative. Our society, is liberal, like the rest of Europe. We don't vote on social issues, as we see them mute. Gay people can get married, abortions are legal, religion is kept out of all public life. How is believing in

The CBC and most other media organizations in your country brainwash Canadians with left wing propaganda 24/7.

Have you been to Canada and watched TV? We get every single channel you get, and those are the channels people watch. When we want Canadian news, we turn on the CBC. It's our only cable news channel. I watch the exact same news you watch, except you've never watched the CBC at all. You take one news story from the internet, written by one correspondent and label it brainwashing.

If you're not educated about something, if you don't know a lot about an issue, you shouldn't go around spreading your uninformed, ignorant opinions.

Mark Steyn

"Apart from predicting that George Bush would win the 2000 presidential election in a landslide, Steyn said at regular intervals that Osama bin Laden "will remain dead". Weeks after the invasion of Iraq he assured his readers that there would be "no widespread resentment at or resistance of the western military presence"; in December 2003 he wrote that "another six weeks of insurgency sounds about right, after which it will peter out"; and the following March he insisted that: "I don't think it's possible for anyone who looks at Iraq honestly to see it as anything other than a success story."

Yeah, this guy sounds great. He's like you, a moron. I see how you can relate. Both him, and Levant were investigated for spreading their ignorant bullshit about Islam. Both are borderline racists.

And finally, isn't a little hypocritical for a pro-life, pro-Palin, religious American to call Canadians brainwashed? Hmmmmm..... Doesn't take a college education to figure that out.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:32:08 PM by The King »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »

Mark Steyn

"Apart from predicting that George Bush would win the 2000 presidential election in a landslide, Steyn said at regular intervals that Osama bin Laden "will remain dead". Weeks after the invasion of Iraq he assured his readers that there would be "no widespread resentment at or resistance of the western military presence"; in December 2003 he wrote that "another six weeks of insurgency sounds about right, after which it will peter out"; and the following March he insisted that: "I don't think it's possible for anyone who looks at Iraq honestly to see it as anything other than a success story."

Yeah, this guy sounds great. He's like you, a moron. I see how you can relate. Both him, and Levant were investigated for spreading their ignorant bullshit about Islam. Both are borderline racists.

I don't care if Mark Steyn says that the sky is red, George Bush has two heads, and that Muslims smell like poop. The fact that the Canadian government monitors what opinions its citizens express, determines that certain opinions are not acceptable, and hauls those people before judges is downright frightening. How is that any different from China or Cuba?

If you respond to me by saying that "yeah, those human rights commissions are bullshit and a complete violation of free speech" then I can give you respect. But if you are going to sit here and defend what are essentially thought crimes then you are more brainwashed then I thought.

Which is it?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:44:09 PM by Real American »

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 07:44:49 PM »

Mark Steyn

I don't care if Mark Steyn says that the sky is red, George Bush has two heads, and that Muslims smell like poop. The fact that the Canadian government monitors what opinions its citizens express, determines that certain opinions are not acceptable, and hauls those people before judges is downright frightening.

How is that any different from China or Cuba?

So should anyone, at anytime, be allowed to say, whatever they want? No matter how racist, ignorant, or offensive? The difference is, we don't jail these people. People shouldn't be allowed to spread hatred for no reason. What does a white Canadian know about Islam? Nothing. It's a small price to pay for living in a better country. Every country monitors what their citizens say and think.

What about the US being able to wiretap people for no reason? That's a lot worse then a human rights committee investigating 2 racists. They were not charged with crimes. It's not frightening at all.

If you respond to me by saying that "yeah, those human rights commissions are bullshit and a complete violation of free speech" then I can give you respect. But if you are going to sit here and defend what are essentially thought crimes then you are more brainwashed then I thought.

Which is it?

You're such an idiot. Personally, I don't think reporters should be able to spew racist opinions to millions of people. And you think I'm brainwashed? Give me a break kid. How many times do I have to say it, get an education. HOW ABOUT WIRE TAPPING? Give me a break. This is not some travesty. Normal people don't like hearing racist bullshit in the news.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:05:21 PM by The King »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »

So should anyone, at anytime, be allowed to say, whatever they want? No matter how racist, ignorant, or offensive? The difference is, we don't jail these people. People shouldn't be allowed to spread hatred for no reason. What does a white Canadian know about Islam? Nothing. It's a small price to pay for living in a better country.

Yes, anyone should be allowed to express any opinion they want as long as it is not a direct threat or slanderous. That is one of the most basic tenants of western culture.

Criticism of a religion is not hatred. I am Catholic, and people criticize, mock, and degrade Catholicism every day on TV, newspapers, the Internet, etc. Never once have I said to myself that those people should be investigated by the government. Otherwise who is determine what is acceptable speech and which is unacceptable.

I can't believe I am sitting here having to explain the importance of free speech to a Canadian. All I have to say is wow.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 07:59:58 PM »
Do you even know what the investigation was about?

In 2007, a complaint was filed with the Ontario Human Rights Commission related to an article "The Future Belongs to Islam," [39] written by Mark Steyn, published in Maclean's magazine. The complainants alleged that the article and Maclean’s refusal to provide space for a rebuttal violated their human rights.

How is that removing Steyn's freedom of speech? He said something controversial, and people complained that the magazine wouldn't allow for a counter arguement. Sounds like freedom of speech to me. They didn't shut Steyn up, they didn't remove the article, and they didn't tell him to stop. I have no idea what you're talking about. The government didn't hall him away. Someone complained, they investigated the magazine. And that's it.

"Mr. Steyn would have us believe that words, however hateful, should be given free reign. History has shown us that hateful words sometimes lead to hurtful actions that undermine freedom and have led to unspeakable crimes. That is why Canada and most other democracies have enacted legislation to place reasonable limits on the expression of hatred."

I have no idea what you're trying to argue. I had never even heard this thing ever happened, because no one cares.

Criticism of a religion is not hatred. I am Catholic, and people criticize, mock, and degrade Catholicism every day on TV

Yeah well, if you believe God created the earth in 7 days, the earth is 6000 years old, man lived with dinosaurs, Noah's arc, or Creationism, you deserve to be mocked, made fun of, and criticized every second of your life. Religion is brainwashing at it's purest form. Telling children what to believe before their old enough to think for themselves. Sounds like the definition of brainwashing to me.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:05:42 PM by The King »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:49:22 PM »
The CBC and most other media organizations in your country brainwash Canadians with left wing propaganda 24/7.

Not to mention the fact that the Canadian government hauls conservative commentators like Mark Steyn and Ezra Levant before human rights commissions for expressing opinions that the government doesn't like. What a joke.

That's actually completely spot on. The CBC is funded by tax dollars and it's a joke of a network and our Human Rights commissions should be flushed down the toilet.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »
All i said was that this movie was interesting lol

dexter

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 09:58:43 AM »
lol