Author Topic: ALLAH AKHBAR!!!!! Man in Iran faces death penalty for converting to Christianity  (Read 290 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think we all know what is to blame for this travesty: America's foreign policy.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=1.0.2506722237

Iran: Christian convert risks death penalty

Tehran, 23 Sept. (AKI) - Iranian Christian convert Ramtin Soudmand faces the death penalty after being jailed for the crime of 'ertedad' or abandoning the Muslim faith.

Ramtin's father Hossein Soudmand, a Protestant pastor, was executed almost 20 years ago for converting to Christianity and refusing to deny his new faith.

Married with two children, Soudmand was detained by security officials in Mashad about a month ago.

"The authorities have not yet charged my brother with any crime, but we fear that his charges will be formalised after the execution of the sentence, like what happened with my father," said Ramtin's sister, Rashin in an interview with Adnkronos International (AKI).

The Iranian Parliament is currently considering a law to make apostasy or the renunciation of the Muslim faith a crime. It is expected to be passed soon.

"The thing that bothers us the most is the silence by political and religious authorities of Christian countries, and not the attitude of the Islamic Republic that does not recognise the freedom of its citizens to choose their own faith," Rashin said.

Rashin said her brother had been allowed limited contact with his family since his arrest.

"Since Ramtin was taken by some undercover police, he was allowed to talk to his wife and our mother on only two occasions, but never for more than a couple of minutes," Ramtin's sister, Rashin, told AKI.

Hussein Soudmand, an Assemblies of God pastor and a Muslim convert to Christianity, was executed in December 1990.

Archetype

Yes they are an idiotic people. Worse than the Americans, but I won't lose sleep over it. Let the animals wipe themselves out.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ Easy for us to say, but their way of life, their government, their culture, everything revolves around Islam. That's how it is, and that's how they prefer to live. They aren't forced to do anything, they could leave Iran if they wanted. They want a pure Islamic society, as it always was. If they want that, then let them. We can't relate to these people, or their society. Sometimes it doesn't even cross peoples minds that, maybe everyone doesn't want to live in America, or live in our culture.

Iran really gets a bad rap in the media. You never hear about UN inspectors going after Israel's nukes. It's very one sided. If you're not a US ally, your basically isolated from the world. Why is everyone concerned about Iran when Russia and the US have tens of thousands of weapons ready to launch. It's really ridiculous. What's Iran possibly going to do. I'm a lot more concerned about the US overreacting to what Russia is doing. After listening to a few of Ahmadinejad's speeches today, this guy isn't as bad as everyone thinks. He sounds a lot more intelligent then Bush (which he is).

And after clarification, I've really lost some respect for Obama. He's trying to appease the public's fears by saying "Iran must be stopped." I don't think he really believes Iran is a threat to the US. Nor does it seem it's even a threat to Israel. Ahmadinejad brought up a very good argument about his "wipe Israel from the map. Muslims don't inherently hate jewish people. Ask any Muslim. Basically the arguement he made was, if Europe (Germany) was responsible for the Holocaust, why did the west decide to take away Palestinian territory from the Muslims, in the Middle East, for a Jewish state, when they had nothing to do with it? Why didn't Europe provide area for a jewish state, instead of taking it away from Palestine? Iran wants Israel the country gone, not it's people. Horrible mistranslation. Apparently they do that with Bin Laden's tapes as well. I asked my Muslim buddy if he watched the news on Osama last night, and he's like "Yeah, but the English didn't match the Arabic at all." It's propaganda at it's best. And it's sad people are actually afraid of something they don't even understand. Ahmadinejad may not think the holocaust happened, but that's just as dumb as believing in Creationism.

The whole US foriegn policy is just one huge contradiction. Israel can invade Lebanon, while Russia can't invade Georgia for practically the exact same reason. It's a joke, a complete and utter joke. Either don't let anyone invade anyone else, or stop being hypocrites. America is the biggest threat to the world, look at Iraq, a war based on lies, simply to invade a country. No threat, no WMD's. Just America policing the world. Hopefully it'll stop since the economy is collapsing, but you can't trust a 72 year old man who sings "Let's bomb Iran" in front of thousands of people and cameras.

The only person in politics who has foriegn policy right is Ron Paul. Non-interventionism is a core (almost forgotten belief) of Republican party. It makes no sense to engage in these wars, with Russia, with Iran, with Iraq. The US should of used 9/11 as a reason to go after the real terrorists, and not this "evil" in the world. Last time I checked, not all terrorists are Muslim, and the ones who committed all these attacks are dead. Bin Laden is a meaningless target. They should of gotten rid of the Taliban, and called it a day.

How could any American think Iran, or even Iraq, was/is a threat. What the hell are they going to do? It's brainwashing at it's finest. Sure we here think Iran's laws are kind of immoral, but I'm sure they think our way of life is immoral as well. Who's right? Objective morality doesn't really exist.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:51:40 PM by The King »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^Thank you for that post. The rampant ignorance on this board is absolutely astonishing at times.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^ Easy for us to say, but their way of life, their government, their culture, everything revolves around Islam. That's how it is, and that's how they prefer to live. They aren't forced to do anything, they could leave Iran if they wanted. They want a pure Islamic society, as it always was. If they want that, then let them. We can't relate to these people, or their society. Sometimes it doesn't even cross peoples minds that, maybe everyone doesn't want to live in America, or live in our culture.

Wow, so you are against free speech, but in favor of death penalties for Christians? Because "that's how it is" and to do otherwise would be forcing our culture on them?

Soemtimes I think you are just a troll who is making shock posts to get a rise out of people. Either that or you are just trying to make Canadians look like idiots. People in Canada don't actually think like you, do they?

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Wow, so you are against free speech, but in favor of death penalties for Christians? Because "that's how it is" and to do otherwise would be forcing our culture on them?

Soemtimes I think you are just a troll who is making shock posts to get a rise out of people. Either that or you are just trying to make Canadians look like idiots. People in Canada don't actually think like you, do they?
If people in canada all think like him,then imma move there ASAP... 8) 8) 8)

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm not in favor of anything. I don't even know if that news story is even true. And if he knew the "law" and did it anyways, he should of left the country. People choose to live how they live. By living in Iran, like any country, you agree to living by the rules of the government. Iran is a Muslim country, and apparently converting from Muslim to Christianity offends them. They don't want to kill Christians, I'm sure theirs thousands of happy Jews and Christians in Iran. But openly converting from Islam to Christianity, in a fundamentalist Muslim country? Doesn't sound too smart to me. Do I think it's right what their doing? NO. But who the hell are we to tell them how to run their country.

Troll? Last time I checked, your the person people disagree with.

^^^Thank you for that post. The rampant ignorance on this board is absolutely astonishing at times.

If people in canada all think like him,then imma move there ASAP...

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:13:52 PM by The King »

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I'm not in favor of anything. I don't even know if that news story is even true. And if he knew the "law" and did it anyways, he should of left the country. People choose to live how they live. By living in Iran, like any country, you agree to living by the rules of the government. Iran is a Muslim country, and apparently converting from Muslim to Christianity offends them. They don't want to kill Christians, I'm sure theirs thousands of happy Jews and Christians in Iran. But openly converting from Islam to Christianity, in a fundamentalist Muslim country? Doesn't sound too smart to me. Do I think it's right what their doing? NO. But who the hell are we to tell them how to run their country.

So you make large, sweeping generalizations about how horrible and evil and backwards America is (because of religion) but when it comes to a nation like Iran that executes Christians then all of a sudden you don't want to judge them and their culture?

Dear God you get dumber with every post. 
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:29:36 PM by Real American »

Ali Tha Great

• Muthafuckin' Don!

If people in canada all think like him,then imma move there ASAP...

Thanks guys.
its all good cuzz... 8) 8) 8)

HipHopISalive

• 'G'

Iran really gets a bad rap in the media. You never hear about UN inspectors going after Israel's nukes. It's very one sided. If you're not a US ally, your basically isolated from the world. Why is everyone concerned about Iran when Russia and the US have tens of thousands of weapons ready to launch. It's really ridiculous. What's Iran possibly going to do. I'm a lot more concerned about the US overreacting to what Russia is doing. After listening to a few of Ahmadinejad's speeches today, this guy isn't as bad as everyone thinks. He sounds a lot more intelligent then Bush (which he is).

And after clarification, I've really lost some respect for Obama. He's trying to appease the public's fears by saying "Iran must be stopped." I don't think he really believes Iran is a threat to the US. Nor does it seem it's even a threat to Israel. Ahmadinejad brought up a very good argument about his "wipe Israel from the map. Muslims don't inherently hate jewish people. Ask any Muslim. Basically the arguement he made was, if Europe (Germany) was responsible for the Holocaust, why did the west decide to take away Palestinian territory from the Muslims, in the Middle East, for a Jewish state, when they had nothing to do with it? Why didn't Europe provide area for a jewish state, instead of taking it away from Palestine? Iran wants Israel the country gone, not it's people. Horrible mistranslation. Apparently they do that with Bin Laden's tapes as well. I asked my Muslim buddy if he watched the news on Osama last night, and he's like "Yeah, but the English didn't match the Arabic at all." It's propaganda at it's best. And it's sad people are actually afraid of something they don't even understand. Ahmadinejad may not think the holocaust happened, but that's just as dumb as believing in Creationism.

The whole US foriegn policy is just one huge contradiction. Israel can invade Lebanon, while Russia can't invade Georgia for practically the exact same reason. It's a joke, a complete and utter joke. Either don't let anyone invade anyone else, or stop being hypocrites. America is the biggest threat to the world, look at Iraq, a war based on lies, simply to invade a country. No threat, no WMD's. Just America policing the world. Hopefully it'll stop since the economy is collapsing, but you can't trust a 72 year old man who sings "Let's bomb Iran" in front of thousands of people and cameras.

The only person in politics who has foriegn policy right is Ron Paul. Non-interventionism is a core (almost forgotten belief) of Republican party. It makes no sense to engage in these wars, with Russia, with Iran, with Iraq. The US should of used 9/11 as a reason to go after the real terrorists, and not this "evil" in the world. Last time I checked, not all terrorists are Muslim, and the ones who committed all these attacks are dead. Bin Laden is a meaningless target. They should of gotten rid of the Taliban, and called it a day.

How could any American think Iran, or even Iraq, was/is a threat. What the hell are they going to do? It's brainwashing at it's finest. Sure we here think Iran's laws are kind of immoral, but I'm sure they think our way of life is immoral as well. Who's right? Objective morality doesn't really exist.
real talk right there my man
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!

So you make large, sweeping generalizations about how horrible and evil and backwards America is (because of religion) but when it comes to a nation like Iran that executes Christians then all of a sudden you don't want to judge them and their culture?

Dear God you get dumber with every post.