Author Topic: Psychological Advice Needed: (help a brother out)  (Read 418 times)

infinite59

Psychological Advice Needed: (help a brother out)
« on: March 13, 2002, 01:39:59 PM »
What does it mean if I get in the car to go play basketball, get to the park, and just keep driving, then decide I want to go jogging, get there, and just keep driving, then decide I want to stop by my friends house, and never stop, just keep driving, then I go to the library to study, but just keep driving, and so I end up just driving for a few hours, never doing anything.  This doesn't happen all the time, but it happens a couple times a month.  What does this mean?  What's the cause of my problem?  And what's the solution to my problem?  Even if you don't have a psychology degree like Trauma, drop your two cents.

techniec

Re: Psychological Advice Needed: (help a brother o
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2002, 01:47:29 PM »
i figue your lacking direction in life, you need to buckle down and focus, and get your priorities in order

thats my 2 cents

peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2002, 01:51:22 PM »
I dont have a psychology degree, and im only 15...but i'll try my best, jus hit me up on aim...peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2002, 01:54:58 PM »
I think u need 2 find yurself more just like u are now, u gotta search deeper.

And as Tech said ur lackin direction in life.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2002, 02:02:47 PM »
u dont know what u want or maybe its something deeper than what your telling us.  It sounds like you have A LOT on your mind.  If you wanna talk jus hit me up on AIM

MidnightPills

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2002, 02:10:26 PM »
HUMMM??

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2002, 03:10:09 PM »
It sounds like you like driving...next time make sure ya gas tank is on empty before ya go then you'll have to stop driving and do sumthin......nah but fo real i dunno
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

infinite59

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2002, 03:22:42 PM »
It sounds like you like driving...next time make sure ya gas tank is on empty before ya go then you'll have to stop driving and do sumthin......nah but fo real i dunno

Well it's true, that I do like driving and listening to my system, but still that's no excuse.

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2002, 03:34:16 PM »
I'm no psycologist but I'm a very good observer. Ijust thik your trying to do too many things at one time. I find myself doing that alot too. I have a ton of stuff to do and I try to do them all but when the day is done I have accomplished nothing.

If that's your situation then I suggest you slow down, pace yourself. List your priorities and things you MUST do and then work your way down the list of priorities until you've accomplished all your goals.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2002, 03:46:27 PM »
First, you have to decide if it's causing problems.  I do crap like that all the time, but it's part of me, and I don't really care to change it.  The reason you do it is probably yeah, you lack direction, and you're trying to do too many things at once.  Just make a promise to yourself, that if you set out to do something, you're gonna do it.  Like, if you want to go play basketball, don't let yourself change your mind, just go play.  

Peace~

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2002, 04:24:38 PM »
maybe u keep driving b/c like u said,  u enjoy driving an listenin to your system.  Maybe thats tha only time u get time to youself,  u get to ponder all your thoughts,  not have to put up wit every1 elses constant bull shit.  Thats how i am.  I walk everywhere,  if some1 offers me a ride i walk.  I walk 2 miles to work wit my headphones on b/c its tha only time i can actually think to myself wit out having to put up wit every1 else

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2002, 07:39:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice ya'll.... it helps... I think you are all right at the same time.  Like Trauma, Techniec, and Sikotic said, I need to start smaller, prioritize and promise myself I'll go through with it.  And like Tom said, I need time for myself to think things through without having to deal with people stressing me.  But I think the one that stuck with me the most is what tha 7th said.  Because I ain't really thought of that one.  I need to dig deeper into my mind and soul and search for answers and motivations.  I need to look internally for answers instead of externally. We'll see if things improve, thanks ya'll.

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2002, 07:19:01 AM »
''What does it mean if I get in the car to go play basketball, get to the park, and just keep driving, then decide I want to go jogging, get there, and just keep driving, then decide I want to stop by my friends house, and never stop, just keep driving, then I go to the library to study, but just keep driving, and so I end up just driving for a few hours, never doing anything.  ''
this is because ur foot is on the accelerator, thus if u take ur foot off this pedal, u will come to a halt...try and the acceleration and Brake pedal's Coordinated so that u stop when u want to and u go when u choose, That's what i do, i find it's the best thing to do when u want to get somewhere in a car, might jus be me tho, anyway, peace!!!

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2002, 09:56:08 AM »
hey yeah just slow down on things, and if you plan on doing something, then try as hard as you can to do it so you can get ur priorities and stuff in order, just picture what your about to do, then when you get by there, you might wanna go do it
get at me on AIM if u wanna talk or anything about this

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2002, 07:54:16 AM »
actually homey its your brains way of telling you that it would rather be doing something else,so when you find youself driving away from a basketball game and you wanted to play maybe there is someone there that is causing you to leave........as for the rest of it,if you are not getting a chance to be who you are spiritually then the rest of you has decided that it can change too...........You are going to have too see what it is,and who it is you arew avoiding in life before you will be able to stop avoiding them............
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"