Author Topic: Dr. Dre is official about Detox, first single and news! (???)  (Read 3115 times)

love33

Re: Dr. Dre is official about Detox, first single and news! (???)
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
Dre could still own 08 by selling atleast 2.5 million copies by New Years. I have a good feeling about this latest shit we've been hearing. GET READY

Own 2008?? LOL. Sorry, but Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, and the boys in the South "own 2008."  Just because Dre is coming out with an album doesn't mean everyone is going to rush to the store to buy it.  Especially when DJ Khaled is way bigger than Dre currently (you have a lot of young fans that don't even know who Dre is nor do they care), and the whole South is bumpiing Khaled's new album 'We Global.'  And the reason I bring Khaled up is because he's as huge as it gets for compilations and Dre's album isn't officially a compilation, but really resembles one with all the guest spots.  I just can't see Bishop Lamont, Ice Cube, Warren G, Nate Dogg, and Kurupt outselling Khaled's guestlist of Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Akon, T-Pain, Sean Paul, Busta Rhymes.  People want to hear T-Pain and Akon, Cool and Dre beats, and banging beats.  They don't want to hear serious "issues" or political music.  And Khaled's album has the West on it too with The Game dropping a banger and Ray J making a steller appearance.

So no, Dre does not own 2008, The South owns it, and nobody is going to be running to hear Bishop Lamont all over an album (Warren G already tried it, and as great as he is, that was his worst album).  It won't flop, but it's not going to overtake "The Boys" (Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Fat Joe, Flo Rida, Trick Daddy, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Two Pistolz, Trey Songz, Plies, Kanye West, T-Pain, and Akon)  from running the rap game.  Plus, even if it does sell a millie, there's so much rap music people aren't going to care to wait 10 years for the next one when you have "The Boys" and all these other rappers from coast to coast dropping tons of music.  "The Boys" are "out here grindin" while Dre is making rumors about an album the last 6 years.  I wonder if he will drop first or Crooked I. LOL~

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 06:05:50 PM »
Own 2008?? LOL. Sorry, but Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, DJ Khaled, and the boys in the South "own 2008."  Just because Dre is coming out with an album doesn't mean everyone is going to rush to the store to buy it.  Especially when DJ Khaled is way bigger than Dre currently (you have a lot of young fans that don't even know who Dre is nor do they care), and the whole South is bumpiing Khaled's new album 'We Global.'  And the reason I bring Khaled up is because he's as huge as it gets for compilations and Dre's album isn't officially a compilation, but really resembles one with all the guest spots.  I just can't see Bishop Lamont, Ice Cube, Warren G, Nate Dogg, and Kurupt outselling Khaled's guestlist of Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Akon, T-Pain, Sean Paul, Busta Rhymes.  People want to hear T-Pain and Akon, Cool and Dre beats, and banging beats.  They don't want to hear serious "issues" or political music.  And Khaled's album has the West on it too with The Game dropping a banger and Ray J making a steller appearance.

So no, Dre does not own 2008, The South owns it, and nobody is going to be running to hear Bishop Lamont all over an album (Warren G already tried it, and as great as he is, that was his worst album).  It won't flop, but it's not going to overtake "The Boys" (Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Fat Joe, Flo Rida, Trick Daddy, Young Jeezy, Lil Wayne, Two Pistolz, Trey Songz, Plies, Kanye West, T-Pain, and Akon)  from running the rap game.  Plus, even if it does sell a millie, there's so much rap music people aren't going to care to wait 10 years for the next one when you have "The Boys" and all these other rappers from coast to coast dropping tons of music.  "The Boys" are "out here grindin" while Dre is making rumors about an album the last 6 years.  I wonder if he will drop first or Crooked I. LOL~
-Wayne has certainly owned 2008
- Ross? so-so; he's sold like 600K or so; not exactly amazing, he'll really struggle to go platinum
- lol what's with your love for Khaled? he just sold 50K 1st week; Dre would sell 50K first day when it comes out
-Half of these artists u named flopped (khaled, fat joe, flo-rida, 2 pistols, and trick didn't even drop an album lol).

u forgot T.I. who will sell more albums than all the artists u named besides maybe lil wayne
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dameons

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 06:22:39 PM »
So many people are fiendin' for this disc it will outsell any 2008 rap album within the first 2 weeks. Xmas season would be very smart to drop it, 'cuz folks are out shopping and returning shit all the way up to New Years day.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 06:46:42 PM »
oh man that guest lineup looks horrible

lol thats what i was thinking all the aminstreemers and bullshiters

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »

- Ross? so-so; he's sold like 600K or so; not exactly amazing, he'll really struggle to go platinum
- lol what's with your love for Khaled? he just sold 50K 1st week; Dre would sell 50K first day when it comes out
-Half of these artists u named flopped (khaled, fat joe, flo-rida, 2 pistols, and trick didn't even drop an album lol).

u forgot T.I. who will sell more albums than all the artists u named besides maybe lil wayne

Yeah, you said it all...I was like "wait...dude said Khaled is bigger than Dre?" Just because somebody's on TV all the time doesn't mean everyone really likes em or cares for em at that level...some younger fans may not know Dre as much, but everybody knows him, and the crowd who doesn't know him isn't the crowd that really buys records like that. Dre's overall fanbase is strong enough for him to release an unreleased CD that would outsell whatever Khaled does.

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »
Sounds dope, but just too good to be true.

1. December 16th I think is just too soon from now to release Detox, especially with the promotion that I'm sure Dre will want to put behind it.

2. I can't see his 1st single featuring all three of Bishop Lamont, Snoop Dogg & Ice Cube. Maybe seperate songs, but not all 3 on the single.

3. The single is called "Fuckin' With Me"? I can't see Dre using that title on a 1st single either.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »

Yeah, you said it all...I was like "wait...dude said Khaled is bigger than Dre?" Just because somebody's on TV all the time doesn't mean everyone really likes em or cares for em at that level...some younger fans may not know Dre as much, but everybody knows him, and the crowd who doesn't know him isn't the crowd that really buys records like that. Dre's overall fanbase is strong enough for him to release an unreleased CD that would outsell whatever Khaled does.
exactly..most artists he named don't sell shit but ring tones..album comes out and flop..the type of artists that ppl download their single or ring tone, maybe download the album but don't got a clue on the album title/info/release date and if they do, ain't buyin' it anyway

and don't gimme' none of that "stuck in the past" shit..i'm a young cat who works for multiple hip-hop websites and r-tistic is a producer so we both know wassup right now

not attacking u (love33) just talkin' for the sake of the board and discussion
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »
FUKK DETOX
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Matty

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »
that first bit of 'news' has no real source, some blogger coulda made it up. the stuff on sha money's site is actually there so you can assume there's at least some truth to it. notice it says all 3 albums to come in '09, no mention of '08. this '08' stuff is BS.

also notice the '3 headed monster' is referred to as 50, dre and em. i wonder if/how bishop lamont is gonna figure in the release schedule or if his album is on hold, perhaps indefinitely.

hopefully some clarification will come soon but either way it looks like detox might actually come out in '09 8)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 08:58:37 PM »
Dre could still own 08 by selling atleast 2.5 million copies by New Years. I have a good feeling about this latest shit we've been hearing. GET READY

DJ Khaled bigger than Dre? Give that shit up! I'm sorry but you seem to not comprehend that while these young high school kids and kids in their 20's make up the market. There are people that only buy albums every once in a while and Detox is that album for a lot of people. Detox is a talked about album. Most anticipated in hip-hop. If my 11-year-old cousin can tell me who Hulk Hogan is, I'm sure a 16-year-old rap fan knows who Dr. Dre is. Between Game, Eminem, and 50 Cent, his name has been out there enough in the last 10 years to stay relevant. 

Dj.Thirrzty

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Dj.Thirrzty - BigHouse Records'Artist/FutureStarDJ
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
Cool news, however it sucks that it's out on sha's site and not on a westcoast site like it could be. I think dubcnn and raptalk and whatnot are big enough to have the big doggs give them the info first! That'd be cool. To scroll dubcnn news page one day and see 'Dre Exclusive news'.
DJ.THIRRZTY
OWNER:THIRRZTY BRAND ENT.
DJ: FUTURE STAR DJ'S
Arist: Big House Records
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/DJTHIRRZTY
http://www.datpiff.com/DJthirrzty-Tastemaker-Tonite-DJs-Future-Star-D-mid15174.html

Inland_Bound

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 12:54:59 AM »
It's about time!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 02:33:05 AM »
"The Message 2" sounds like bullshit, though. His son died a month ago, and he managed to get Nate Dogg in between strokes ? That sounds fishy..

word

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 03:34:02 AM »
"The Message 2" sounds like bullshit, though. His son died a month ago, and he managed to get Nate Dogg in between strokes ?
Well Nate could've recorded his hook even a year ago?
Doubt this information is real though.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:51 AM »
i doubt Detox will drop on Dec 16th. reading Sha Money's blog it makes it clear that all three albums will be released in 2009.

lets hope for Detox, first quater.