Author Topic: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?  (Read 2147 times)

COMPTONRIDA1

SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?

SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO RAP ABOUT SHOOTIN MUH FUCKAS IF YOU NEVER HAVE ?

OR IS IT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REAL GANGSTAS AND ENTERTAINMENT ?

any comments..

penenstamp

Re: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:47:29 PM »
Should you be allowed to type in capitals if you've never been a capital?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
Should James Gandolfini play Tony Soprano when he has never been a mob boss?

penenstamp

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
Should James Gandolfini play Tony Soprano when he has never been a mob boss?

What if he played Mobsters on Myspace?

acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »
Johnny Cash had songs about prison long before he ever went, and he became a legend due to it.  We don't live under the rule of Al Queida...if you don't like what a song is about, then don't listen to it.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »
Why not? I doubt all these 10 billion underground rappers got the millions and cars either.

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 11:41:17 PM »
I think u gotta keep it hundred, but it is entertainment and alotta people got people close to em thats been trapped in the system

Wild Luke

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 11:59:43 PM »
I don't give a fuck about these rappers homie, as long as the music is good, i don't care about the "hollywood" background story,
I don't follow that shit!
who cares... do you care compton1?

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »
My Nigga, they not from tha street and they will never see it thru our eyes.....  IF YOU ASK ME NO! BUT I GUESS NOW DAYS RAPPIN IS ACTIN...
Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »
My Nigga, they not from tha street and they will never see it thru our eyes.....  IF YOU ASK ME NO! BUT I GUESS NOW DAYS RAPPIN IS ACTIN...

There you go...rappin is actin and from the looks of it if you wanna go mainstream then you're not allowed to be real
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

Ice Cube has said on several occasions that pretty much all of songs were about what his crew did, not he himself. He was just a great story teller and he has a good personality. Matter of fact, the only REAL gangsta from NWA was Eazy.

Music is entertainment. When there are idiots like T.I. buying illegal assult weapons when he has millions of dollars and never has to work another day in his life, that ain't real either.

Big J/ Gain Green

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Money,GAin Green
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »
You got a point Low Key, i guess its always different angels to look at things..  but i still feel if you didnt live it, or see i with ya own two eyes,  you shouldnt spit it. and i dont mean seen it on a movie...
Everyday, 818 or 323 you already know, Big J found on one of tha East Sides Chasing dough$$$$$

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 04:40:17 AM »
i like story tellin raps.. no matter if the rapper been through what he rappin.. is the song what matters.. fuck the personality.. i listen to the music BY the artist..

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 04:50:42 AM »
yeah why not, shitloads of rappers rap about shit they've never done or seen

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LONDON!

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 05:16:45 AM »
if your keeping it very, complex and lyrical like g rap or nas for example, then it don't matter, because people no its just entertainment, its just lyrics, people know its a lyrical thing, not trying to be a gangsta type of thing, people are looking more at the sick metaphors and similies, you see what i'm saying, the subject matter is secondary, but it definetly helps if you have lived some type of street shit or roll wit authentic street brothers or road niggas or whatever at one point in time or whatever, if your going to talk on street shit but keep it complex and lyrical, but its not the most important thing

but if your gonna keep the rhyme schemes not very complex and more to the point, then it does matter if you have done some road shit before the rap game or represent some of that tuff talk to a certain extent, nuthin stupid, to a certain fucking extent, you see what i'm saying

music isn't responsible for any of the shootings or knifings thats going on in our communities, its not, social econmics is, poor inner city's schools, institutional racism, slavery, colinialism, thats type of stuff is 99.9% the reason for it, real talk

but theirs always one kid who listens to one fake rapper or mc and thinks thats the way to live, like thats the truth, you see what i'm saying, then its like that fake mudda fucker(the fake mc), that frontman mc is selling poison to the youth, thats when it matters, thats when he's like 0.01% of the problem, then it ain't entertainment

but if you've lived it, then its totally different, your just keeping it real and making money in a positive way, the system dosen't want real human beings of colour making money in a positive way, truss me on that, as long as your talking about it on the mic and not doing it, its all good ma niggas, its the bigger picture, its entertainment or if its super lyrical, its just like watching a movie or sumthin, its pure entertainment, you see what i'm saying, its nuthin long, its real