Author Topic: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?  (Read 2143 times)

ABN

Re: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 05:30:34 AM »
i don´t have a problem with people rapping about it. the problem is that all of these idiots are running around and sayin "yeah, i´ve done this shit for real","i used to be a major drug dealer" etc etc in interviews. when G Rap,Rakim,Ice Cube etc did it they didn´t run around telling people that they were some super gangsters. they just told you that it was things they had seen growing up in their neighborhoods.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:42:28 AM by I´m A Motherfucking Asshole »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 06:57:50 AM »

SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?

SHOULD YOU BE ABLE TO RAP ABOUT SHOOTIN MUH FUCKAS IF YOU NEVER HAVE ?

OR IS IT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REAL GANGSTAS AND ENTERTAINMENT ?

any comments..
if you didn't live it you shouldn't rhyme about it. that's called frontin' or lying for lack of a better word. the opposite of the truth is a ....
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 07:06:36 AM »

any comments..
if you didn't live it you shouldn't rhyme about it. that's called frontin' or lying for lack of a better word. the opposite of the truth is a ....

so should TI rap about being a snitch then?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:36 AM »

any comments..

so should TI rap about being a snitch then?

where is it documented that homie snitched and if he snitched why is he the only one going to jail ? all y'all dummies talkin' that my homie, cousin, or brother got one charge or he got caught wit this or i got this much time for this. y'all are clowns. tip got paper and had some fantasic lawyers (one helped ray lewis beat his murder shit).
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »
No. But I know this is just leading to some MC Eiht shit.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 09:39:42 AM »
LOL

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »
they shouldnt talk about it unless they've lived what they talking about,the only acceptance is if the say from the jump that its only entertainment...everybody does not have to be a gangsta rapper to succeed,there are many different styles of rap the get involved in,"gangsta rap" is suppose to be authenic,therefore making it less on the "entertainment side",i appreciate good music like the next person but if u aint gonna bust a grape in a food fight then u shouldnt talk like it unless your willing to face the music when the streets come callin...

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 11:42:18 AM »
You got a point Low Key, i guess its always different angels to look at things..  but i still feel if you didnt live it, or see i with ya own two eyes,  you shouldnt spit it. and i dont mean seen it on a movie...

Bottomline is this is entertainment. The line gets blurry though when rappers that didn't live up to what they rap about, start acting like they did in interviews and just in everyday life. That's when the problems start occurring.

If a rapper is rapping about the gangsta lifestyle, killin people, whatever, but then off the mic acts normal and claims it as he is just a storyteller and what he's doing is entertainment then I see ZERO problem with that. When people start claiming hoods they aren't from and all that that's where the trouble starts.

I'd say Ice Cube is the best example of somebody who does gangsta rap and doesn't make it seem like he's some killer in real life.

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 12:06:10 PM »

STOP IT....

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »
they shouldnt talk about it unless they've lived what they talking about,the only acceptance is if the say from the jump that its only entertainment...everybody does not have to be a gangsta rapper to succeed,there are many different styles of rap the get involved in,"gangsta rap" is suppose to be authenic,therefore making it less on the "entertainment side",i appreciate good music like the next person but if u aint gonna bust a grape in a food fight then u shouldnt talk like it unless your willing to face the music when the streets come callin...

NOW THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER SO FAR..

Gangsta rap is authenthic. thats why its called GANGSTA RAP.. cause you a real gangsta and you got rappin skills

What was the purpose of CB4.. to expose the STUDIO GANGSTA RIGHT ?

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »
man look

if a rapper tells a story...FROM A 3rd PERSON PERSPECTIVE. its good, we can all tell stories

BUT

if a rapper tells a story and claims its his own, and hasnt ever BEEN in prison, his perspective is incomplete, fake, and bullshit.

now if a rapper whos been to prison and tells a story about it, i can respect his perspective the most because hes the one all these other rappers are talking about...

all these rappers that talk about shit and never done it, might just be entertainers, but they bring off that they are the real Gs, and they parlay with that, and make you think they actually done that shit....when they havnet!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:12:27 PM by the vine »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 12:13:19 PM »

Gangsta rap is authenthic. thats why its called GANGSTA RAP.. cause you a real gangsta and you got rappin skills

that's correct.

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
MC EIHT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.....I conjured this all up to say MC EIHT

So to those who previously talked shit about how real he is and you answered that you shouldnt rap about this gangsta life if you aint livin it or lived it...Now for the cat who said some 3rd person shit.. what if you a weenie ass third person ?

but yall should already know where i was goin with this..Brazil n Wilmington..you are up on it all thetime..

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 12:32:04 PM »

man you niggaz are stupid.

But CPTRida who labeled it "gangsta rap" in the 1st place?

white people. all rappers called it was rap about shit they seen in their hood and it got labeled as gangsta rap. So how you gonna say "you have to be a gangsta to do gangsta rap".

and you niggas SHOULD KNOW rapper aint g's (most of them) or at least all that shit they claiming..

I mean its you gullible fools who believe everyting.

I mean NY niggaz really think Jay-Z had at least a mill in the hood before he started rappin ::)..see what im sayin.

You niggaz say it yourself...rap is just entertainement! so take it or leave it.

like Nas said, Bump it or dump it, hate it or love it.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 12:40:55 PM »

I see your point, but who is to say what makes a person a gangsta? I've sold yayo and I've done violent crimes, but if any of you guys actually knew me, you wouldn't say I was a gangsta, nor would I claim I was a gangsta. Illegal activity happens all across the board, from guys on the street dealing drugs to white collar businessmen with privilaged backgrounds cooking the books to get a bigger check.