Author Topic: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?  (Read 2148 times)

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »

man you niggaz are stupid.

But CPTRida who labeled it "gangsta rap" in the 1st place?

white people. all rappers called it was rap about shit they seen in their hood and it got labeled as gangsta rap. So how you gonna say "you have to be a gangsta to do gangsta rap".

and you niggas SHOULD KNOW rapper aint g's (most of them) or at least all that shit they claiming..

I mean its you gullible fools who believe everyting.

I mean NY niggaz really think Jay-Z had at least a mill in the hood before he started rappin ::)..see what im sayin.

You niggaz say it yourself...rap is just entertainement! so take it or leave it.

like Nas said, Bump it or dump it, hate it or love it.
Are u from the east coast?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 01:03:28 PM »

man you niggaz are stupid.

But CPTRida who labeled it "gangsta rap" in the 1st place?

white people. all rappers called it was rap about shit they seen in their hood and it got labeled as gangsta rap. So how you gonna say "you have to be a gangsta to do gangsta rap".

and you niggas SHOULD KNOW rapper aint g's (most of them) or at least all that shit they claiming..

I mean its you gullible fools who believe everyting.

I mean NY niggaz really think Jay-Z had at least a mill in the hood before he started rappin ::)..see what im sayin.

You niggaz say it yourself...rap is just entertainement! so take it or leave it.

like Nas said, Bump it or dump it, hate it or love it.
reality rap is what it is.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »
People should be able to rap/sing/dance about whatever they want to. I would much rather listen to someone who hasnt done dirt that can make better music about doing dirt then someone who really does dirt who cant make music for shit.Music outweights life on a records!

What we need is a corporate rapper that talks about how to trade stocks/bonds/trading options/ How to start a company/Tax write offs. Shit like that I WANNA HEAR A CORPORATE GANGSTA! Jew shit!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 01:43:24 PM by nay »

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 01:19:53 PM »
MC EIHT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.....I conjured this all up to say MC EIHT

So to those who previously talked shit about how real he is and you answered that you shouldnt rap about this gangsta life if you aint livin it or lived it...Now for the cat who said some 3rd person shit.. what if you a weenie ass third person ?

but yall should already know where i was goin with this..Brazil n Wilmington..you are up on it all thetime..

if you a weenie ass 3rd person and you rappin about that sh1t......you finna get checked, thats how it works, i cant really speak on it more because theres a gang of factors that just make it complicated, but if you a weenie and you telling stories, along the road your gonna get checked and exposed...

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 01:34:48 PM »
they shouldnt talk about it unless they've lived what they talking about,the only acceptance is if the say from the jump that its only entertainment...everybody does not have to be a gangsta rapper to succeed,there are many different styles of rap the get involved in,"gangsta rap" is suppose to be authenic,therefore making it less on the "entertainment side",i appreciate good music like the next person but if u aint gonna bust a grape in a food fight then u shouldnt talk like it unless your willing to face the music when the streets come callin...

NOW THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER SO FAR..

Gangsta rap is authenthic. thats why its called GANGSTA RAP.. cause you a real gangsta and you got rappin skills

What was the purpose of CB4.. to expose the STUDIO GANGSTA RIGHT ?

I see your point, but who is to say what makes a person a gangsta? I've sold yayo and I've done violent crimes, but if any of you guys actually knew me, you wouldn't say I was a gangsta, nor would I claim I was a gangsta. Illegal activity happens all across the board, from guys on the street dealing drugs to white collar businessmen with privilaged backgrounds cooking the books to get a bigger check.
so if you've done it then you are qualified to rap about it,read my post again...if u are lying about it then say your lying about it!!! dont get caught up in your own bullshit,dont start believing ur own lies cuz your day of recconing is coming...BE YOURSELF PEOPLE!!!

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »
yea i dont like it when these rapperss bull shit either, but foos like game  when i see him how he acts on tv seems like a joke. ive never met a big homie or an og that flexd nuts like his ass (with an exception of a few fake ass niggas) but than he is doin it for show bizz and publicity, but what happened to back in the days when nobody gave a fuck and wanted to keep it real.

i had a big homie that went to the same college as game n he told me a wayy different story bout game than what he tells to the public.

but on the foreal hows he gonna flex nuts bout joinin a hood after hes 20, i mean shit homie aint you a lil too old to join a hood.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Flava In Ya Ear

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

Its mostly westcoast rap fans that have this mentality.

Niggaz in the south now Wayne aint no blood or nothing...how many disses have you heard from rappers over there aoubt Wayne?

Youtube videos?

almost none..

How a nigga "7 time felon" then get caught with silencers...and barely gets prison? but noooobody in the south called him out? Only 50 called him out on that.

Had T.I. been from the west? oooooooooooweeee

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »

Niggaz in the south now Wayne aint no blood or nothing...how many disses have you heard from rappers over there aoubt Wayne?

Youtube videos?

almost none..

How a nigga "7 time felon" then get caught with silencers...and barely gets prison? but noooobody in the south called him out? Only 50 called him out on that.

cuz they kiss asses...

penenstamp

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 01:59:33 PM »
i think if you let people know that you're telling stories, and just making songs
with a message or concepts presenting that, then it's cool.

but these dudes like rick ross who keep insisting on being real even after being
exposed are fucking whack.stop using the streets as a gimmick, thats my view.
but if you're just rappin, telling stories for entertainment or for the art of it, and you're about it that way,
then it's chill.

cuz regardless, i think people should be able to express themselves regardless.
but just be true to you. cuz what if nwa, slick rick, rakim, kool g rap, or ice t had been told
"yo don't rap that street, gangster shit and don't cus, no one wants to hear that shit. just make dance songs."
shit would be completely different.

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »
i think if you let people know that you're telling stories, and just making songs
with a message or concepts presenting that, then it's cool.

but these dudes like rick ross who keep insisting on being real even after being
exposed are fucking whack.stop using the streets as a gimmick, thats my view.
but if you're just rappin, telling stories for entertainment or for the art of it, and you're about it that way,
then it's chill.

cuz regardless, i think people should be able to express themselves regardless.
but just be true to you. cuz what if nwa, slick rick, rakim, kool g rap, or ice t had been told
"yo don't rap that street, gangster shit and don't cus, no one wants to hear that shit. just make dance songs."
shit would be completely different.
NOT TO GET OFF SUBJECT BUT I WANTED TO SHED SOME LIGHT ON THE SPIDER-LOC DISSING ICE-T SHIT,CAN ANYONE PUT UP THAT OLD VIDEO OF THAT PEE WEE HERMAN DANCE SONG,AND GUESS WHO'S DOING THE "PEE WEE HERMAN" HOLLA BACC!!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:17 PM »

Youtube videos?

almost none..

the situation would be the same. you niggas have to learn that money talks bullshit runs the marathon. speaking of west.... snoop(wouldn't shoot a water gun) or his bodyguard wasn't convicted of killing a muthafucka who did they snitch on ? you're right about that wayne shit though.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

s dogg

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 05:27:23 PM »
fuc snoop dogg cuzz for fucin it wit my loc spider loc..this baymaccccccccccc

you dont wanna see when i get angry..i got the hugest hands and i just might use the m man

baymaaccccccc

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 05:35:31 PM »
SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?

No, of course not. If you haven't been to prison, how the hell do you know anything about it? Prison break? Being an actor shouldn't be the same as being a rapper. Their are different standards. An actor is obviously playing a part. A rapper is supposed to be rapping about their experiences, their view of the world. If you've never pimped, don't rap about it. If you've never killed someone, don't rap about it. If you've never sold drugs, don't rap about. I refuse to listen to any rapper who raps about shit he's obviously never been through. The second Lil Wayne says he's killed someone, I chuck that shit out the window. You can exaggerate, but these rappers who grew up middle class, rapping about the hood, should be exposed, and not allowed to release music. Theirs no standards or credibility in rap anymore. If it's not real, it should be ignored.

If you don't know about something first hand, you shouldn't be talking about it, let alone making a career of it.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »
allowed?? niggas can do whateva the fucc they want...but should they...hell nahh. look at niggas like Snoop or Lil Wayne..them niggas aint never even fired a gun. all they be doin is tryin to capitalize on the lives of Tookie Williams, Harry O and Eazy-E. Niggas that really did dirt. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!!!!!