Author Topic: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?  (Read 2144 times)

s dogg

Re: SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 07:15:18 PM »
eazy 3 aint did no dirt cuzzzzzz stop it nigga..they re was a lot of rydaz after that ngga.....baymaaaaaaaaac

spider loco..i knoc niggaz out cuzz my fist is fast i m the mixtape master.

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO RAP ABOUT BEING IN PRISON IF YOU NEVER BEEN ?

No, of course not. If you haven't been to prison, how the hell do you know anything about it? Prison break? Being an actor shouldn't be the same as being a rapper. Their are different standards. An actor is obviously playing a part. A rapper is supposed to be rapping about their experiences, their view of the world. If you've never pimped, don't rap about it. If you've never killed someone, don't rap about it. If you've never sold drugs, don't rap about. I refuse to listen to any rapper who raps about shit he's obviously never been through. The second Lil Wayne says he's killed someone, I chuck that shit out the window. You can exaggerate, but these rappers who grew up middle class, rapping about the hood, should be exposed, and not allowed to release music. Theirs no standards or credibility in rap anymore. If it's not real, it should be ignored.

If you don't know about something first hand, you shouldn't be talking about it, let alone making a career of it.

TRUE SHIT..

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »

man you niggaz are stupid.

But CPTRida who labeled it "gangsta rap" in the 1st place?

white people. all rappers called it was rap about shit they seen in their hood and it got labeled as gangsta rap. So how you gonna say "you have to be a gangsta to do gangsta rap".

and you niggas SHOULD KNOW rapper aint g's (most of them) or at least all that shit they claiming..

I mean its you gullible fools who believe everyting.

I mean NY niggaz really think Jay-Z had at least a mill in the hood before he started rappin ::)..see what im sayin.

You niggaz say it yourself...rap is just entertainement! so take it or leave it.

like Nas said, Bump it or dump it, hate it or love it.

EAZY E LABELED IT GANGSTA RAP...

acgrundy

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2008, 12:34:29 AM »
LMMFAO!  Wow, some of you guys are so beyond fucking stupid, its too funny...

I've just scanned through some of these comments, reading things like "gangsta rap is authentic", "if you haven't lived it, don't rap about it", "if its not a personal experience, don't rap about it" etc.  Too fucking funny you clowns.

I have at least 100 different gangsta rap solo artists or groups with an album with at least 1 song talking about killing someone.  So gangsta rap is really authentic huh?  In fact, I can't think of a single gangsta rap album where they didn't rap about killing someone.  How many rappers are in jail for murder?  Only a handful.  You guys really think, all these guys killed someone, or did all the dirt they rap about?  If anything, gangsta rap is as non authentic as you can get.

Even the "REAL" gangstas like Tray Deee, or BG Knoccout, or X-Raided, who really did some dirt, you really think they did even half the shit they rap about?  I mean you are talking dozens of murders.  Pulling bank robberies.  Selling cocaine like Pablo Escobar.  Get real you fucking morons.

You know whats even more funny, to add to your stupid logic...throw in this irony...all you netbangin idiots always talking bout how the police is always screwing over the black man, and always getting on gangstas for bullshit, and how shit is so unfair with the law.  Yet, if gangsta rap is so 'AUTHENTIC" and I know at least 100 gangsta rappers that aren't in jail...so, how does your logic work out?  So our justice system is that crappy huh?  Spider Loc, Jayo Felony, (insert the name of your favorite netbanging internet rapper), pull of dozens of murders a year and the police just can't seem to figure it out huh?

the vine

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2008, 12:45:35 AM »
^ DAMN RIGHT

*goes out and kills like 50 muthafuckas and comes back home to post about it on dubcc*

Big PaybaCC

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • FOOD CHAIN CUZZ !!!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 01:14:55 AM »

I've just scanned through some of these comments, reading things like "gangsta rap is authentic", "if you haven't lived it, don't rap about it", "if its not a personal experience, don't rap about it" etc.  Too fucking funny you clowns.

I have at least 100 different gangsta rap solo artists or groups with an album with at least 1 song talking about killing someone.  So gangsta rap is really authentic huh?  In fact, I can't think of a single gangsta rap album where they didn't rap about killing someone.  How many rappers are in jail for murder?  Only a handful.  You guys really think, all these guys killed someone, or did all the dirt they rap about?  If anything, gangsta rap is as non authentic as you can get.

Even the "REAL" gangstas like Tray Deee, or BG Knoccout, or X-Raided, who really did some dirt, you really think they did even half the shit they rap about?  I mean you are talking dozens of murders.  Pulling bank robberies.  Selling cocaine like Pablo Escobar.  Get real you fucking morons.

You know whats even more funny, to add to your stupid logic...throw in this irony...all you netbangin idiots always talking bout how the police is always screwing over the black man, and always getting on gangstas for bullshit, and how shit is so unfair with the law.  Yet, if gangsta rap is so 'AUTHENTIC" and I know at least 100 gangsta rappers that aren't in jail...so, how does your logic work out?  So our justice system is that crappy huh?  Spider Loc, Jayo Felony, (insert the name of your favorite netbanging internet rapper), pull of dozens of murders a year and the police just can't seem to figure it out huh?
all you need is one murder to be considered a murderer,and going to jail for gangsta shit comes with the territory,u missed the whole point dumbass,do you listen to yourself before u speak??? or you fly off at the mouth like an angry snitching female??? if the only excuse u got is that its entertainment then you your confused buddy!!! IF YOUR NOT A GANGSTA IN REAL LIFE THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! IF YOUR NOT A KILLA IN REAL LIFE THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! IF YOUR NOT A DRUG DEALER OR USE TO SELL DRUGS THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! UNLESS U SAY THAT YOUR ONLY DOING IT TO SELL RECORDS,BUT OF COURSE THEY WONT SAY IT CUZ THEY WANNA APPEAR TOUGH UNTILL THEY GET THEIR HAND TESTED THEN THEY WANNA PLAY THE ENTERTAINMENT CARD...U DONT SEE DON CHEADLE OR JAIME FOXX ACTING LIKE THEY CRIPS IN REAL LIFE,CUZ WE ALL KNOW ITS FAKE...BUT THERES A FINE LINE WHEN IT COMES TO GANGSTA RAP, MEANING ANY PERSON THAT IS ENVOLVED IN A GANGSTA LIFESTYLE WHICH CONSIST OF ROBBING,SHOOTING,DRUG DEALING,KILLING,ASSAULTING OTHERS ,EXTORTING,ECT,ECT THAT STARTING RAPPING FOR PROFIT,AND YOU MIGHT SAY MY FAVORITE RAPPER HAS DONE SOME OF THOSE THINGS THAT U NAMED SO DONT HE FIT THE BILL AND THE ANSWER IS NO IF HE DOESNT HAVE ANY OTHER REAL GANGSTAS TO VOUCH FOR HIM,PLUS THEY DO THINGS THAT GO AGAINST THE STANDARDS OF BEING A GANGSTA,LIKE GETTING THEIR TONGUES OR THE SIDE OF THEIR LIP PIERECED.KISSING GROWN MEN ON THE LIPS OR PRETENDING NOT TO BE CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS...BY THE WAY I AM A NET BANGER AND A SET BANGER,I BANG WHERE EVER IM AT FAGGOT,AND I WOULD SLAP THE SHIT OUTTA YOU IN PERSON IF YOU CALLED ME STUPID,BUT OF COURSE U WOULDNT DO THAT NOW WOULD YOU??? REAL ONES STAND UP!!! FAKE ONES DIE SLOW...AND STOP LOOKING FOR LITTLE ESCAPE ROUTES TO TRY AND MAKE A BULLSHIT POINT,IF U AINT A GANGBANGER DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE TO FUCC UP WHAT WE STARTED...CPTRIDA LET ME KNOW IF YOU UNDERSTOOD THAT LAST LINE CUZZ!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:22:11 AM by Big PaybaCC »

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 06:04:55 AM »
I mean its cool if a nigga grew up around it and rap about it,but when that nigga starts trying to pull the wool over niggaz eyes then that's a problem. Just listen to the message by nas that shit he was rapping about in that song didn't happen to him but he wasn't tryin to make niggaz believe he did. But it was coo cause niggaz knew nas was official he didn't grow up in the burbs and wasn't just making up a story on shit that don't occur where he's at.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

ABN

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 06:19:18 AM »
I mean its cool if a nigga grew up around it and rap about it,but when that nigga starts trying to pull the wool over niggaz eyes then that's a problem. Just listen to the message by nas that shit he was rapping about in that song didn't happen to him but he wasn't tryin to make niggaz believe he did. But it was coo cause niggaz knew nas was official he didn't grow up in the burbs and wasn't just making up a story on shit that don't occur where he's at.
pretty much summed it up. and The Message was a great example, and it´s a great record aswell.

LONDON!

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »

co-sign this all day, everyday, that whole mafioso/escobar/3rd eye style rhyming nas was busing in the mid 90's, niggas knew it was just lyrics, entertainment, like he's bars off of az's 'mo money mo murder' and g rap's 'fast life', everyone knew he grew up around that shit, but it was just lyrics, but from real shit he done seen pop off in the hood, i mean he was talking about street gangsta's in his raps like alpo and fat cat in 94, before all those street magazines or it became cool or trendy to talk on that type of shit, his knowledge of the streets was firsthand, he rolled wit real gangsta's, believe me on that.

But he didn't get on like he personally was john gotti or sumthin, but he wasn't a corny nigga neither, he was just like a street reporter telling the world whats going on in the streets and thats it. Like ice cube, a street reporter like ice cube

i haven't personally got a problem wit street reporter's thats from the hood, breaking down whats going on and don't front like there john gotti or sumthin. I've got a problem wit pussy's that front on the mic like there street niggas, gangstas, thugs and so on and so on, but there not, there hearts pump estrogen, there pussies, nerds and get bullied and tested or robbed, extorted by the real niggas, the real road niggas that live the lives these nerds in the hood fantasize about, to see if there really about that shit, true stories, frontman mc's, thats who i've got a problem wit, shook ones, trust

if your a 9 to 5 nigga, spit about that, if your a sweet boy tug, spit about that, knowledge, club, street shit, or lyrical hood shit, whatever or however you came up, spit about that, be yourself, keep it true to yourself, no frontman bizness, just be yourself ma nigga, fuck frontman mc's

The_Offence

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »
Should Al Pacino Play The Roll Of A Latino Gangster In Scarface & Carlito's Ways when he's Italian American ???
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 09:35:49 AM by The_Offence »

DazDilly

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
Absolutely not.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »

all you need is one murder to be considered a murderer,and going to jail for gangsta shit comes with the territory,u missed the whole point dumbass,do you listen to yourself before u speak??? or you fly off at the mouth like an angry snitching female??? if the only excuse u got is that its entertainment then you your confused buddy!!! IF YOUR NOT A GANGSTA IN REAL LIFE THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! IF YOUR NOT A KILLA IN REAL LIFE THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! IF YOUR NOT A DRUG DEALER OR USE TO SELL DRUGS THEN DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! UNLESS U SAY THAT YOUR ONLY DOING IT TO SELL RECORDS,BUT OF COURSE THEY WONT SAY IT CUZ THEY WANNA APPEAR TOUGH UNTILL THEY GET THEIR HAND TESTED THEN THEY WANNA PLAY THE ENTERTAINMENT CARD...U DONT SEE DON CHEADLE OR JAIME FOXX ACTING LIKE THEY CRIPS IN REAL LIFE,CUZ WE ALL KNOW ITS FAKE...BUT THERES A FINE LINE WHEN IT COMES TO GANGSTA RAP, MEANING ANY PERSON THAT IS ENVOLVED IN A GANGSTA LIFESTYLE WHICH CONSIST OF ROBBING,SHOOTING,DRUG DEALING,KILLING,ASSAULTING OTHERS ,EXTORTING,ECT,ECT THAT STARTING RAPPING FOR PROFIT,AND YOU MIGHT SAY MY FAVORITE RAPPER HAS DONE SOME OF THOSE THINGS THAT U NAMED SO DONT HE FIT THE BILL AND THE ANSWER IS NO IF HE DOESNT HAVE ANY OTHER REAL GANGSTAS TO VOUCH FOR HIM,PLUS THEY DO THINGS THAT GO AGAINST THE STANDARDS OF BEING A GANGSTA,LIKE GETTING THEIR TONGUES OR THE SIDE OF THEIR LIP PIERECED.KISSING GROWN MEN ON THE LIPS OR PRETENDING NOT TO BE CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS...BY THE WAY I AM A NET BANGER AND A SET BANGER,I BANG WHERE EVER IM AT FAGGOT,AND I WOULD SLAP THE SHIT OUTTA YOU IN PERSON IF YOU CALLED ME STUPID,BUT OF COURSE U WOULDNT DO THAT NOW WOULD YOU??? REAL ONES STAND UP!!! FAKE ONES DIE SLOW...AND STOP LOOKING FOR LITTLE ESCAPE ROUTES TO TRY AND MAKE A BULLSHIT POINT,IF U AINT A GANGBANGER DONT PRETEND TO BE!!! ITS ALWAYS SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE TO FUCC UP WHAT WE STARTED...CPTRIDA LET ME KNOW IF YOU UNDERSTOOD THAT LAST LINE CUZZ!!!

acgrundy was on point  8) some of the greatest gangsta rappers ever, never lived what they were rapping about, just what they had seen around them, their music was just a soundtrack to the hood

BigO

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
yeah like come on now, Im from the ATL, i live in LA now though, and I'VE NEVER KILLED NOBODY.

but i had a gun since i was 12 yrs old, thats how it was, Im from the projects, and niggahs was getting shot over dumb shit, like he said she said through chicks.
so at the age of 12, me and my homie was like, hey, lets put our money together and get heat.

We left our projects, and niggahs wanted to fight us where ever we went (basically gang bangin', we just don't call it that where we from, we call it THUGIN')

some times shots ringed out, and me and my niggahs shot back.  At the age of 17, i was shot in my thigh and stomach for not leaving a corner when i was hustling.  A group of niggahs approached me when i didn't have my gun, (had my knife), and said get the fuck from round here, and I stayed because I was tempted by $$$$$, they came back like an hour or so later, and shots ringed out, i got hit twice, my 2 homies ran on me and left me for dead.  I never retaliated, didn't know who did it and in Atlanta we ain't like how it is in cali, and just shoot anybody in that neighborhood you know, we want to bring it to the motherfuckaz who did it.  Anyways, to make a long story short.
I write raps, and my raps are pretty hard core, like i say something like, disrespect me, and i'll make your family bleed.
Im dead serious, if a niggah disrespect me, we gonna bump heads.  Some times i say shit like we pop niggahs or whatever, I'VE NEVER KILLED NOBODY, but like i said, my gun has clapped many times lol for different reasons.

One time i went to the skating ring, and some niggahs from a rival project was in there, they jumped my homie in the bathroom, so we waited in the parking lot, when they was leaving we followed they car (I WAS SO MAD, I WAS GONNA KILL THESE MOTHERFUCKERS) but we shot they car the fuck up from the back, and left, I KNOW THEY DIDN"T DIE, they sped off with a shattered back window.

am i fake in Cali standards?

i know im not fake, but are you telling me because i've never actually killed someone, im not a thug?  homie, Me and my whole project used to jump niggahs every fucking day, we basically were gangbangers but we repped the name of the projects, any niggah that was an outsider was getting approached and jump, in highschool, we jump niggahs like out of me being in highshcool 3 years, we jumped like well over 20 people, like our hoods name was none not to fuck with, and we really sold crack.

just watch the wire, that was me and my homies, posted up in the projects making money for the older cats, and gettin' paid to do so, then when the older niggahs was on the bullshit, we switched and made our own moves.  Some of my closet friends were real killers, alot of them are doing time, cuz i moved to cali when i was 19, and shit got out of hand when my generation hit like 20, niggahs really started just buck wilin', but its crazy, in Cali if you don't claim crip or blood, they think your fake for saying you bust or will bust your gun,
lol, you know how many niggahs we ran up on, and put the gun in they face and said, empty your pockets?
any outsider who came through my hood was a target, I don't even think some cali niggahs would come through there, i never seen none there,

Trav Treezy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
Now im not giving a pass to a nigga to rap about the streets just cause he grew up in the hood. A nigga who got slapped around,niggaz made strip,made him go to the store for dutches,got his pockets ran through,gets sonned on the reg can't rap bout that gangsta shit.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ilKxOAEEhKk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&quot;</a>

Fuck the rest of that shit listen to Saigon

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »

acgrundy was on point  8) some of the greatest gangsta rappers ever, never lived what they were rapping about, just what they had seen around them, their music was just a soundtrack to the hood

cuz rappers r usually the bitches of the group, or the homie that wasnt down wit it n became a rapper.

"USUALLY"

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.